Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 21-10-2013 11:48 AM

Hi, can I check with you guys whether there's any intake period for teachers? If I apply now, do I need to wait for a long period of time before I actually start to work as a teacher assuming that I got the offer.

Thx in advanced

Unregistered 14-11-2013 02:13 PM

Hi, i am a mid career professional switching to MOE teaching. Just went for interview last week. I would like to know about the GEO salary scale breakdown, starting from untrained (contract) teaching.. Can anyone provide? I undestand there will be increment for mid career.

P.S: I will be under GEO 1, if i got in successfully :)

Thanks.
X

Unregistered 14-11-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45242)
Hi, i am a mid career professional switching to MOE teaching. Just went for interview last week. I would like to know about the GEO salary scale breakdown, starting from untrained (contract) teaching.. Can anyone provide? I undestand there will be increment for mid career.

P.S: I will be under GEO 1, if i got in successfully :)

Thanks.
X

You will get $3725.

Unregistered 23-11-2013 12:42 AM

Hi all,

Just wondering whether are they any pay difference between a direct staff in an independent school, as compared to one who is NIE trained (and employed under MOE) being seconded to an independent school?

Would it be better to quit MOE to join the independent school as a direct staff?

What about the Connect Plan? will quitting MOE, and joining the independent school as a direct staff cause the connect plan to be revoked?

Just curious.. thanks!

Unregistered 23-11-2013 12:55 AM

How many years does it take for a BT to change from a substantive grade of GEO1.1 to GEO1A1? and also, subsequently to 1A2 and 1A3?

Does anyone knows how many years does it take to become a subject head? And is a MOE HQ stint "compulsory" if one wants to become a HOD?

Unregistered 23-11-2013 02:01 PM

Leave time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43508)
Maybe highest paid but probably also longest working hours in the world. I dun think UK and European teachers work as long hours as SG teachers. My friend is in school at 7am and sometimes leaves school at 7pm. Recently school had mid-autumm festival lagi better, work until 10pm.

True on many occasions teachers have to stay back for long hours at school. But don't forget about your protected time during the holidays when you can have up to 40 days leave, assuming you don't have to come back to school for ccas or classes during the hols.

Unregistered 23-11-2013 02:07 PM

It all depends on your perf grade and CEP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45558)
How many years does it take for a BT to change from a substantive grade of GEO1.1 to GEO1A1? and also, subsequently to 1A2 and 1A3?

Does anyone knows how many years does it take to become a subject head? And is a MOE HQ stint "compulsory" if one wants to become a HOD?

If you have good perf grade and CEP, probably a few years from geo1.1 to a1. BT are given that term for a reason; you are just starting out in the education line and need time to hone your professional expertise.

After that, it really depends on your perf grade over the years. Generally consistent A and B indicate the officer is able to handle the expectations at the next grade. As you climb up higher, you need more time before the next promotion generally.

shiny7 25-11-2013 02:54 AM

hello can anyone help me?

i went for an allied educator interview and was told that i cleared the interview and had to submit supporting documents. but they said it's all still subject to contract..

anyone else in this position? or anyone knows what it means?

Unregistered 25-11-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiny7 (Post 45620)
hello can anyone help me?

i went for an allied educator interview and was told that i cleared the interview and had to submit supporting documents. but they said it's all still subject to contract..

anyone else in this position? or anyone knows what it means?

Allied educator means teacher's kah kia / helper. Help real teachers do their admin work, the stuff they don't want to do and all the extra sai kang.

Also i think some allied educators handle the special assistance students. Not too sure on that part but mainly their jobs is to be the teacher's assistant.

Unregistered 25-11-2013 11:13 PM

teach with passion, else dont teach. don't destroy the education system, make the system works!