Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

shiny7 26-11-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45643)
Allied educator means teacher's kah kia / helper. Help real teachers do their admin work, the stuff they don't want to do and all the extra sai kang.

Also i think some allied educators handle the special assistance students. Not too sure on that part but mainly their jobs is to be the teacher's assistant.

i think you got my question wrong. or maybe i phrased it wrongly.

i am very passionate about this position and i know what it entails. my question actually was what does it mean when i've cleared the interview and have to submit my documents. does this mean i got the job? or is there a chance i don't get it?

thanks for your reply anyway.

Unregistered 26-11-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiny7 (Post 45620)
hello can anyone help me?

i went for an allied educator interview and was told that i cleared the interview and had to submit supporting documents. but they said it's all still subject to contract..

anyone else in this position? or anyone knows what it means?

Means you probably got the job and they are preparing your contract.

Unregistered 26-11-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiny7 (Post 45620)
hello can anyone help me?

i went for an allied educator interview and was told that i cleared the interview and had to submit supporting documents. but they said it's all still subject to contract..

anyone else in this position? or anyone knows what it means?

Unregistered 26-11-2013 10:05 AM

Wah double confirmation. Alas it is not from MOE itself :-(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45676)

shiny7 26-11-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45678)
Wah double confirmation. Alas it is not from MOE itself :-(

yeah true. can never be too sure right.. heard some still didn't get the job in the last minute so i'm not putting too much hopes into this yet.

Unregistered 26-11-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45569)
If you have good perf grade and CEP, probably a few years from geo1.1 to a1. BT are given that term for a reason; you are just starting out in the education line and need time to hone your professional expertise.

After that, it really depends on your perf grade over the years. Generally consistent A and B indicate the officer is able to handle the expectations at the next grade. As you climb up higher, you need more time before the next promotion generally.

hmmm but are BTs usually given C in the first year? How do we know the CEP?

Unregistered 29-11-2013 06:20 AM

grade and CEP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45691)
hmmm but are BTs usually given C in the first year? How do we know the CEP?

You won't know your CEP. It's supposed to be confidential and only your superiors know.

Usually a new officer would get around C, because the officer is just starting out in his work, so it is unlikely that the officer has the abilities or skill set required at the next level. There are always exceptions; for a super low performing or high performing officer will probably deviate from that grade.

New PGDE Teacher 16-12-2013 09:02 PM

Contract teaching before NIE training?

Hi all,

I was recently selected for appointment as an untrained teacher (GEO 1.2) for 1 to 1.5 years. According to my offer letter, I will be considered for teacher training at the next available intake before the end of the 1 to 1.5 year contract subject to good work performance and conduct in the school.

Given my unfamiliarity with the system, can anyone help me with the following queries?

1) What is my job scope as an untrained teacher?

2) How will I be assessed throughout the period before training commences?

2) Am I eligible for the benefits entitled by trained teachers?

3) Is such a contract the norm for those who applied for a PGDE?

4) What is the difference between a GEO 1 and a GEO 1.2 scale?

Apologies for the silly questions but I slightly at wits end here!

Thank you very much for any future replies!

Unregistered 22-12-2013 02:58 PM

PDGE intake Oct/ Nov

I went for the interview in November. Last week, i have received an email from MOE saying that i have cleared my interview and shortlisted for employment as GEO. the email stated my application will be considered in competition with other shortlisted candidates. I wonder what does that mean? :-

- anyone encountered this before, can share? what is the % to pass through this?
- i have a bad feeling that i am probably kept as a backup just in case any of the selected candidates gave up.

thanks in advance!

liveinsg 23-12-2013 11:35 AM

It is my dream job.