Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:46 AM

Hi

I just got my Geo4 this time round. Female, finishing up my 7th year. In my second school.

Would like to know if this is slow, average or quite fast progression? Thanks.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115676)
Yes. If you note the progression of teachers that joined the service in 2009 or earlier, their progression is indeed faster than those who joined in 2011 or later.

I am basing this on information shared by others on this forum about their own progression, as well as my own personal experience.

May I know if anyone can share details about FLP? I understand that there is an extra "allowance" of sorts, and also additional projects to do.

I know of a colleague in FLP. Not sure if she received extra allowance. But she was given a lot more opportunities and she also performed well. Appointed HOD since GEO3. If you are talking about that responsibility allowance, yes. But you don’t need to be in the FLO to be getting that allowance.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 12:00 PM

From what I observed in my school, the first promotion from GEO2-3 is the same around 2009 or after 2011 batch.

GEO 3-4 varies on the performance of the officers. Have female officers promoting to geo 4 in their 5th year, at 29, to male officers Geo 4 in their 6th year despite getting Geo 3 faster. There are also officers who are stuck donkey years at Geo 3.

For Geo 4- geo 5, I admit the trend in my school is it takes longer. Promotion is not any faster , even for KP at geo 4 for a few years. Same goes for geo 5-seo1

Unregistered 30-03-2019 12:25 PM

jialat, why is it like that eh. i just submitted an application. btw what are the chances of teaching GP without A levels?

Unregistered 30-03-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115690)
jialat, why is it like that eh. i just submitted an application. btw what are the chances of teaching GP without A levels?

Close to zero. Likely will teach pri sch English start from Geo 1

Unregistered 30-03-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115692)
Close to zero. Likely will teach pri sch English start from Geo 1

Sibei jialat. I curse my hands for not seeking for advise first >.<..

Unregistered 30-03-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115694)
Sibei jialat. I curse my hands for not seeking for advise first >.<..

Cannot lah your advise vs advice. Ang moh cmi. Teach p1 later they learn wrong things. Think teach math better.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115695)
Cannot lah your advise vs advice. Ang moh cmi. Teach p1 later they learn wrong things. Think teach math better.

i think he shouldn't even be a teacher

Unregistered 30-03-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115686)
I know of a colleague in FLP. Not sure if she received extra allowance. But she was given a lot more opportunities and she also performed well. Appointed HOD since GEO3. If you are talking about that responsibility allowance, yes. But you don’t need to be in the FLO to be getting that allowance.

HOD at GEO 3? Hmmmmm....

Unregistered 30-03-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115683)
Hi

I just got my Geo4 this time round. Female, finishing up my 7th year. In my second school.

Would like to know if this is slow, average or quite fast progression? Thanks.

Definitely not fast but I wouldn't say it is slow either, unless you are a KP, I would say that the pace is ok.