Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 06-03-2024 07:41 PM

rotation to help

[QUOTE=Unregistered;269933]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269928)

show them already also nothing much the subordinate can do...

in a system where the hierarchy is rigid and fixed, and in a top-down approach, even official protests or complaints wont go anywhere.

i guess the most practical solution is just to try out another RO.

with the rotations of heads at regular intervals coming soon, will the situation of RO being able to help more GEO 3/4 better?

Unregistered 06-03-2024 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;269928]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269901)
Btw, the default C for promoted officers is addressed as a myth on HROnline. Anyone that still quotes that, please show them the URL accordingly.

I'm aware that it is explicitly stated to be a myth. There is, unfortunately, sometimes a gap between policy and practice.

When informed by SL that a default C is being applied to you, you can either suck it up, or attempt to escalate it. Perhaps I chose the coward's path just accepting that outcome - but has anyone ever really successfully appealed this?

Unregistered 07-03-2024 07:05 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;269958]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269928)
I'm aware that it is explicitly stated to be a myth. There is, unfortunately, sometimes a gap between policy and practice.

When informed by SL that a default C is being applied to you, you can either suck it up, or attempt to escalate it. Perhaps I chose the coward's path just accepting that outcome - but has anyone ever really successfully appealed this?

Is there anyone with C grade or better, who successfully appeal?

Unregistered 07-03-2024 04:22 PM

returning

Hi, I saw the window to apply for trained teachers is currently open now. But when I click in to for primary school, I notice that there's only El + Ma or El + Sc. I was Ma + Sc when I left, and even before that never taught El for more than 5 years already. Is there really no way?

Unregistered 07-03-2024 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269337)
Last time that is called 1A1, 1A2, 1A3

And people do promote every 2-3 years.

People seem to have forgotten that these grades, or the newer GEO1,2,3,4,5,5A, are ultimately still timescale grades for rank and file.

Chiong to the max grade, and slowly farm the annual increment.

This is also why the salary range is so broad for geo5.
For people to hentak kaki and farm their annual $100-200 increments until they hit retirement.

Haiyo. I am 44 already hit geo 5 ceiling. Dunno want to go where. Stay at ceiling like my colleague who told me she ceiling for 11 years already? Beg RO for plan to hit 5A or STship? I dont know mannn. Potentially I got 20 yrs more.

Unregistered 07-03-2024 06:25 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;269982]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269958)

Is there anyone with C grade or better, who successfully appeal?

Most people end up just grudgingly accepting the grade.

I'm guessing that there's a higher possibility to appeal from D to C- or C- to C? Since such situations seem more dire...

C to C+ or from C+ to B seems quite impossible?

Just my personal opinion though...those who witnessed these experiences, please share :)

Unregistered 07-03-2024 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270032)
Haiyo. I am 44 already hit geo 5 ceiling. Dunno want to go where. Stay at ceiling like my colleague who told me she ceiling for 11 years already? Beg RO for plan to hit 5A or STship? I dont know mannn. Potentially I got 20 yrs more.

Ultimately depends on what you want - are you interested in taking on more/different responsibilities for progression? Or would you prefer to protect your free time (not that HOTs have that much free time these days 🥲 and just focus on what you are good at?

Honestly, in today's (teacher) economy… reaching the salary ceiling early is a happy 'problem' to have!

Unregistered 07-03-2024 09:46 PM

Quote:

Now the junior officers know which age group to push extra tasks to, in order to justify your grade and salary.

Because even with the overwhelming load they are shouldering, they will never be able to experience the same thing at 44, unless they are high flying scholars.

Unregistered 07-03-2024 11:15 PM

Quote:

Would you rather hit geo5 ceiling at 44, or slowly promote and still be in middle of geo5 salary at 44?

If unhappy about being at ceiling and feel that can do more, can always indicate interest at KP position to go up SEO scale

There are also many happy being HOT, and focus more on family and other things outside of work

Unregistered 08-03-2024 08:20 AM

Quote:

Have you tried to do your job better so that you are able to move up? Let's face it, not everyone has the capability to be a KP or ST