Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2024 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269558)
Another two of my colleagues leaving in term 2. One raged quit. Not sure how I can survive the year when their work is reshuffled to those who are staying.

Time to move too

Unregistered 02-03-2024 09:45 PM

How do they determine a teacher's CEP? Any idea?

Unregistered 03-03-2024 10:03 AM

Anyone knows when the first cohort promotion from GEO2 —> GEO3 will be? Wondering when my batch will get promoted. This is my second year of teaching (practicum was last year and probation ended last Aug for us)

Unregistered 03-03-2024 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269661)
Anyone knows when the first cohort promotion from GEO2 —> GEO3 will be? Wondering when my batch will get promoted. This is my second year of teaching (practicum was last year and probation ended last Aug for us)

Males: 1 year after completion of practicum

Females: 1.5 years after practicum

Unregistered 03-03-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269662)
Males: 1 year after completion of practicum

Females: 1.5 years after practicum

Oh for females it has been shortened from 2 years to 1.5 years?

Used to know of a female only promoted to GEO3 after being in GEO2 for 3 years. No disciplinary issues. The reason behind the delay is still a mystery.

Unregistered 04-03-2024 11:54 AM

If my grading was A last year, will it be default to C+ for this year?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269735)
If my grading was A last year, will it be default to C+ for this year?

In the system, there is no such thing as default grade after A or default grade for promotion year. If the officer justifiably performs at the required level relative to their peers every single year, they can get straight As indefinitely.

The "default" mindset is just a philosophy held by some SLs and Supts. The system doesn't require it.

Unregistered 04-03-2024 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269738)
In the system, there is no such thing as default grade after A or default grade for promotion year. If the officer justifiably performs at the required level relative to their peers every single year, they can get straight As indefinitely.

The "default" mindset is just a philosophy held by some SLs and Supts. The system doesn't require it.

should tell that to everyone

Unregistered 04-03-2024 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269746)
should tell that to everyone

Yes, even the RO's feel that, after A, it follow's with C+.

Unregistered 04-03-2024 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269738)

i think the general consensus is to let officers "take turns" by rotating the good and average grades, and also to give timely opportunities for some people to promote

doing this will also stop some people from getting good or average grades all the time

this is both a good and bad thing at the same time though...