Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 26-04-2022 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215563)
Average performer assuming 2nd upper class with NS

5 YOE - 5.5K - 6K
10 YOE - 7K to 8K

Expect 4 to 5 Month bonus (including AWS)

Anyhow only this one.

The 10 YOE range is only realistic if the officer has a CEP of above GEO5, and therefore their promotion to GEO5 (or beyond) was accelerated. Also helps if they consistently get B and A grades so that their merit increments are bigger.

The average teacher at 10 YOE does not draw so much. Some of them are even still GEO4.

No wonder people outside think that teachers are overpaid. They have an inflated impression of the actual salaries that certain groups of teachers are drawing.

Unregistered 26-04-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215637)
Getting above 6K for 5 YOE is good
With avging 4-5 bonus including AWS
Your annual package is at least 96K- 102K

Who the heck is getting 4-5 avg bonus per year?? What are you smoking? Are you guys even teachers???

Unregistered 26-04-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215665)
Who the heck is getting 4-5 avg bonus per year?? What are you smoking? Are you guys even teachers???

hahaha probably because some people still think AWS is a bonus rather than an entitlement (= BUILT-IN component of the salary that MUST be paid as part of the employment contract, therefore is NOT a bonus)

Unregistered 26-04-2022 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215639)
wa that's damn sian. yea mostly C. 1 C+ I think. Never C- or D.

Same as me...since GEO 4, always C and only one time C+ despite helming quite a few major projects across levels and presenting at conferences. Also mentored quite a few new teachers. People who did lesser than me already promoted.

Unregistered 26-04-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215644)
The way I see it, most of u are doing fine

I was still geo3 after 10 years of service. Gross salary below $5k. Male.

Many of those who has lesser years of service n whom have taken maternity once or twice already at geo 4.

Fed up n resigned last year

Now still jobless. Facing String of rejections now

What jobs did you apply to?

Unregistered 26-04-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215652)
Did you get c- or d?

no c- or d.

even my colleague who has gotten c- before also got promoted earlier than me.

Unregistered 26-04-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215671)
What jobs did you apply to?

mainly admin jobs. those that pays like 3k to slightly above 4k a month type

also string of rejections

Unregistered 26-04-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215664)
Anyhow only this one.

The 10 YOE range is only realistic if the officer has a CEP of above GEO5, and therefore their promotion to GEO5 (or beyond) was accelerated. Also helps if they consistently get B and A grades so that their merit increments are bigger.

The average teacher at 10 YOE does not draw so much. Some of them are even still GEO4.

No wonder people outside think that teachers are overpaid. They have an inflated impression of the actual salaries that certain groups of teachers are drawing.

10 yoe n already 7k to 8k is possible, if the teacher is earmarked for hod or vp or p. Most of such teachers are already at seo 1 level. But they are not the majority for sure.

similarly 5.5-6k with 5yoe are usually those type who are earmarked for hod or vp.

agree with u that most teachers with 10yoe will probably be at geo 4 which means around 5k to 6k only

Unregistered 26-04-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215665)

haha. there's mid year, year end, 13th month and performance bonus.

actually not too bad la. about 4 months at least.

newbie12345 26-04-2022 02:56 PM

committee

Hi, I'm new to the service.. Was wondering if the type of committees we are assigned to has a large bearing on our eventual progression/CEP? Are there committees that are viewed more favourably than others? or does our contribution to those committees matter more than the type of committees we are in?