Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 12-10-2023 02:06 PM

Hi all, would some tips from those who have applied..
I have submitted my application and waiting for interview..

Saw many of you mention about the long wait time for clearance and all,
what do you guys do with other callbacks/offer during that time? did you guys reject them?

Also is the clearance easy to pass for Singaporean guys?

Unregistered 12-10-2023 05:12 PM

Applied for a post, went for interview in late Apr and had been keeping in touch with hiring dept. MHRD contacted me in late July, submitted all the necessary forms and G50. In total took about 6 months for everything.
This week received MHRD offer but salary was below 3k for DX6S.
I have another offer under MX scheme with higher salary offered as compared to Mindef, should I go for it?

Unregistered 12-10-2023 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258000)
Applied for a post, went for interview in late Apr and had been keeping in touch with hiring dept. MHRD contacted me in late July, submitted all the necessary forms and G50. In total took about 6 months for everything.
I have another offer under MX scheme with higher salary offered as compared to Mindef, should I go for it?

anywhere is also better than mindef lah....somemore higher pay

Unregistered 12-10-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Sounds good! Why not?

Unregistered 13-10-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Hi How much difference? If it is a small amount then you need to consider the benefit and career growth.

If it is going to a big different then MX will be definitely better since we all know increment is not going to be fantastic in govt sector.

Unregistered 13-10-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257966)
some ranks did. but its damn pathetic unlike MX scheme. I only got 2%. some ranks didn't even have any increment. DXOs got short-changed and they keep brainwashing us that our salary is slightly higher than other ministries. I did my self-research and only perhaps the starting salary is higher. but all things considered, DXOs are not better off. a C grade only gets 1.3-1.5 months PB, while other ministries/statboards may get 2 or 3 mths minimium. of course my data sets may be small, but ive yet to see any data that can refute my opinions.

I am not sure where is your source from. However from my exp, C is usually around 1.25 except during covid period it is slightly lesser. 1.5 months is only applied to uniform officer not civilian.

Unregistered 13-10-2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258060)
I am not sure where is your source from. However from my exp, C is usually around 1.25 except during covid period it is slightly lesser. 1.5 months is only applied to uniform officer not civilian.

some ministries also in similar range for C

but some are also higher...

Unregistered 14-10-2023 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247716)
I just got hired few months ago 36 with 10 YOE at DX12, they offered me 9.8k

Anyone get similar range to this recently or know if this is possible to reach with negotiation?
Will they offer base off current salary and need to nego with them hard one?

Unregistered 14-10-2023 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258059)
Hi How much difference? If it is a small amount then you need to consider the benefit and career growth.

If it is going to a big different then MX will be definitely better since we all know increment is not going to be fantastic in govt sector.

Hi, its about 10% difference. Benefit wise around the same, except for mindef with the flexi benefit scheme.

I was competing among a number of candidates for the MX role, was they surprised they selected me.

Unregistered 14-10-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258126)
Hi, its about 10% difference. Benefit wise around the same, except for mindef with the flexi benefit scheme.

I was competing among a number of candidates for the MX role, was they surprised they selected me.

U may need to consider that will you staying for very long as Mindef have retention bonus every 4th yr of service range from 3k to 8k.

If you are looking at growth and may change ministries to expand your portfolio then MX scheme will be better since the payout is 10% more and easier to go to other ministries.