Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 15-10-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257966)
some ranks did. but its damn pathetic unlike MX scheme. I only got 2%. some ranks didn't even have any increment. DXOs got short-changed and they keep brainwashing us that our salary is slightly higher than other ministries. I did my self-research and only perhaps the starting salary is higher. but all things considered, DXOs are not better off. a C grade only gets 1.3-1.5 months PB, while other ministries/statboards may get 2 or 3 mths minimium. of course my data sets may be small, but ive yet to see any data that can refute my opinions.

I think the PB you mentioned is similar to other ministries. I joined one of the better-paying ministries in 2021 (covid times) and got 1.25 months PB for a default grade C.

Cannot really compare to statboards cos they are inherently quite different from the MX scheme.

Unregistered 15-10-2023 11:36 AM

Are DXOs from DPO paid better than other DXOs? I heard DPO officers are paid a premium...

Unregistered 15-10-2023 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258111)
Anyone get similar range to this recently or know if this is possible to reach with negotiation?
Will they offer base off current salary and need to nego with them hard one?

Whichever role you joining, mhrd will intentionally low ball you for sure.

They will scare you that your offer might be rescinded or they need another few weeks-months to get approval for the appeal. They might also come back say it’s not possible (actually it’s possible).

Source: I’m from mhrd

Unregistered 15-10-2023 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255893)
Wherever you want to, don't apply for Service delivery division.

the ADs are practically useless, while the DDs just love to camp in their office and not do anything. seriously only the execs, managers are the one doing the work.

clueless AD and DD to lead, always resulting in a big round and wild goose chase. The directors and group chief are just in their ivory tower and chilling around everyday. Ex-Chief Armour officer, a COL from Signals and past COMD CMPB, and parachute director from other ministry and statboard.

All the DX 11 and below are leaving and yet the group chief of the day still likes to go around and invite everyone to his house for cohesion.

never go, kenna condemn. go, kenna arrow. ccb.

this SDD is a new set up and part of reorganisation and conslidation. I managed to rise through the ranks from DX8 to DX11 so you can definitely hear it from me.

heng i already transferred out to navy.

This is so true, I’m from SDD (currently still am, waiting for my term to hit 2 years so I can get post out).

There are going to be a number of openings coming out from employee service br (exb). Please never apply for those branches. Heard there is a high turnover there and many of them are quitting because of the AD as she shows favoritism to her staff, grooming people who suck up to her.

AD do not know her ground work and oways asking manager to do. AD sit there and gossip about other ADs.

Unregistered 15-10-2023 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258188)
This is so true, I’m from SDD (currently still am, waiting for my term to hit 2 years so I can get post out).

There are going to be a number of openings coming out from employee service br (exb). Please never apply for those branches. Heard there is a high turnover there and many of them are quitting because of the AD as she shows favoritism to her staff, grooming people who suck up to her.

AD do not know her ground work and oways asking manager to do. AD sit there and gossip about other ADs.

the SDD side so cui and CMI?

Unregistered 15-10-2023 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255893)
Wherever you want to, don't apply for Service delivery division.

the ADs are practically useless, while the DDs just love to camp in their office and not do anything. seriously only the execs, managers are the one doing the work.

clueless AD and DD to lead, always resulting in a big round and wild goose chase. The directors and group chief are just in their ivory tower and chilling around everyday. Ex-Chief Armour officer, a COL from Signals and past COMD CMPB, and parachute director from other ministry and statboard.

All the DX 11 and below are leaving and yet the group chief of the day still likes to go around and invite everyone to his house for cohesion.

never go, kenna condemn. go, kenna arrow. ccb.

this SDD is a new set up and part of reorganisation and conslidation. I managed to rise through the ranks from DX8 to DX11 so you can definitely hear it from me.

heng i already transferred out to navy.

the group chief is it the Li Heng?

Ang moh dua kee 16-10-2023 08:23 PM

Heard they like to hire ang moh, dunno how true

Unregistered 16-10-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ang moh dua kee (Post 258300)

ang mo?

u sure or not?

Unregistered 17-10-2023 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ang moh dua kee (Post 258300)

Bo ko leng la, how they get clearance

Unregistered 17-10-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258227)
the group chief is it the Li Heng?

Must be uniform la bro