Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 06-02-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62358)
The wait for a post interview reply is awful.

I'm trying to be positive but I find myself finding faults in my interview performance and I'm being very hard on myself now.

Do they screen more candidates before replying you? Are they conducting background checks now? Are they contacting your listed referees? There are so many questions going through my mind right now. ):

Hi, if you don't mind divulging, for which DXO post did you go for interview for? And was the interview difficult?

Unregistered 06-02-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62358)
The wait for a post interview reply is awful.

I'm trying to be positive but I find myself finding faults in my interview performance and I'm being very hard on myself now.

Do they screen more candidates before replying you? Are they conducting background checks now? Are they contacting your listed referees? There are so many questions going through my mind right now. ):

well, on the bright side, you've at least made it to the interview!! so there's a good chance i reckon? it's been 3 weeks since i took my psychometric test and still no news zzzzz

Unregistered 06-02-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62361)
well, on the bright side, you've at least made it to the interview!! so there's a good chance i reckon? it's been 3 weeks since i took my psychometric test and still no news zzzzz

Hey, they say no news is good news!! Cos if you are rejected they would tell you rather quickly. So be hopeful, i think you have a good chance! :)

Unregistered 06-02-2015 03:51 PM

RE: What exactly happens from now till the interview reply?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62359)
Hi, if you don't mind divulging, for which DXO post did you go for interview for? And was the interview difficult?

Hi there. I went for an interview for a communications position. I felt that the interview went smoothly, but I can't help but read too much into certain portions of my interview performance and find fault in them. The wait for an answer from MINDEF HR can't be avoided, but it can be very distressing. What about you? What have you applied for? (:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62362)
Hey, they say no news is good news!! Cos if you are rejected they would tell you rather quickly. So be hopeful, i think you have a good chance! :)

I second what he says. It took quite a while for MINDEF HR to get back to me on an interview, but I learnt from the wait that:

MINDEF HR is waiting for more candidates who are interested in the roles you have applied for to complete their psychometric tests.

And assuming you did well for your psychometric test, MINDEF HR would have submitted your supplied documents/ psychometric test results to the respective units/departments that are hiring personnel to field the positions you applied for for their consideration.

Only when enough candidates have been found by the units/departments to be suitable for any one of these positions, and only when the interviewers from the units/departments are free to come down to DSTA Block B to chair the interviews, does MINDEF HR get back to you on your interview date.

Unregistered 06-02-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Er, no. They invite many candidates down during the interview day for an interview. If you are applying for a position that has a single vacancy, you need to make sure you stand out from the crowd. And, let's not forget the jobsite invite. Simply put, there are many more hurdles to clear.

Unregistered 07-02-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62370)
Er, no. They invite many candidates down during the interview day for an interview. If you are applying for a position that has a single vacancy, you need to make sure you stand out from the crowd. And, let's not forget the jobsite invite. Simply put, there are many more hurdles to clear.

do they inform you beforehand how many vacancies there are? hmm..

Unregistered 07-02-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62367)
Hi there. I went for an interview for a communications position. I felt that the interview went smoothly, but I can't help but read too much into certain portions of my interview performance and find fault in them. The wait for an answer from MINDEF HR can't be avoided, but it can be very distressing. What about you? What have you applied for? (:

are you a fresh grad as well? how long was the interview? were you asked to write an essay before the interview? i applied for hr!

Fearoftheunknown 08-02-2015 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62367)

Do you have any communications experience, or are you from a local uni with exceptional results? Usually public sector won't shortlist fresh grads without comms degree or comms experience. And of course, with every communications position will always be accompanied by written test. That's another major hurdle to overcome assuming you have not taken the test yet.

Unregistered 09-02-2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62413)
are you a fresh grad as well? how long was the interview? were you asked to write an essay before the interview? i applied for hr!

Haha, you're asking quite a bit of questions about my interview.

Yes, I am a fresh grad. I assume you're a fresh grad too?

What about your interview? How was it like?

Unregistered 09-02-2015 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62412)
do they inform you beforehand how many vacancies there are? hmm..

The career.gov website shows you the vacancies for each advertised position.