Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 05-10-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257533)
a few considerations.
1. if unit in serious need of manpower + your profile matches… within 2-3 weeks all cleared and ready for on-boarding

2. 1 month because they will check if there are other services in need of manpower and if you are suitable. units take their time to consider. 1-1.5month + 2months g50 clearance

3. better start finding another job, because the wait is going to be long.

Hi,

Received a call from the unit, they told me they finish interview all the candidates and found me suitable for the job. They will submit my application to HR side.

Will wait for HR to contact me and submit G50 form. Guess that will be another 2 months of waiting.

Unregistered 05-10-2023 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257539)
Hi,

Received a call from the unit, they told me they finish interview all the candidates and found me suitable for the job. They will submit my application to HR side.

Will wait for HR to contact me and submit G50 form. Guess that will be another 2 months of waiting.

at least.

some candidates 4-5 months to clear. and another 2 months after on-boarding for passes and other admin work

Unregistered 05-10-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257540)
at least.

some candidates 4-5 months to clear. and another 2 months after on-boarding for passes and other admin work

Wow, still sound pretty long working period. Many thanks for your guidance~!

Unregistered 05-10-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257546)
Wow, still sound pretty long working period. Many thanks for your guidance~!

Actually you should get the direct contact of your hiring manager for the updates - that would be the fastest approach. If they really need ppl, the process from day of interview can be very fast. Mine only 1.5months everything settled.

Unregistered 05-10-2023 03:41 PM

The location of working can we choose

if I live in the west, they assign me to some army camp in changi

can I request to change?

Unregistered 05-10-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257554)
The location of working can we choose

if I live in the west, they assign me to some army camp in changi

can I request to change?

i doubt so. this is called UNIT POSTING.... the only way u can change camps is to request for transfer after 2-3 years..

i also stay in western far end... but kenna posted to East side... fml

Unregistered 06-10-2023 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257534)
just asking to those who are on the DX scheme.

it was shared by one of the staffers that

DX9 will be up DX10 after probationary period and on confirmation that they are suitable for the job scope.

😨

something new ? because i know the other ministries also practice this already.
MX13 to MX12 after confirmation

Hello. not sure if the staffer mis-represented or you mis-understood.

after probation of 1 year, you will just be confirmed and may get a confirmation increment. not sure what is the rate now, but I got about 200 dollars increment after probation. This is separate from your annual merit increment. so you will get a sweet increment of 300-400 total after 1 year. also, you will still remain DX9 until you are promoted to DX10. typically promotion timeline is about 3-4 years for typical performers. DX scheme is still slightly different from MX scheme.

Unregistered 08-10-2023 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257613)
Hello. not sure if the staffer mis-represented or you mis-understood.

after probation of 1 year, you will just be confirmed and may get a confirmation increment. not sure what is the rate now, but I got about 200 dollars increment after probation. This is separate from your annual merit increment. so you will get a sweet increment of 300-400 total after 1 year. also, you will still remain DX9 until you are promoted to DX10. typically promotion timeline is about 3-4 years for typical performers. DX scheme is still slightly different from MX scheme.

The confirmation increment is because of the pro rated merit increment from the time you join but will only be given after 1 year probation.

Unregistered 08-10-2023 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257552)
Actually you should get the direct contact of your hiring manager for the updates - that would be the fastest approach. If they really need ppl, the process from day of interview can be very fast. Mine only 1.5months everything settled.

I see, apparently it the admin from unit told me they will inform the HR. I will check with the HR manager upon contact.

Since I was formerly from MHA, I have confidence in g50 security clearance. Just hope they can help process faster so I can join the force in december. If not, everyone will be start clearing their leave.

Unregistered 99!! 08-10-2023 08:50 PM

When to throw letter leh? After submit g50 can countdown?