Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 07-04-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraduatingSoon (Post 96092)
Took PT on 9th Mar'17. Till date no calls or rejection email. Was wondering if anyone else could enlighten their status as well and for personnels who have been called up for interview able to share the timeline to do a rough gauge for other forum users to view? Thanks in advance~

Hi. I went on the 9th too. Any updates on your side? Yesyterday they emailed me , asking me to fill in an information that I have missed out. I guess they are still reviewing my application!
Still havnt gotten an invitation for interview though.

Unregistered 10-04-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraduatingSoon (Post 96092)
Took PT on 9th Mar'17. Till date no calls or rejection email. Was wondering if anyone else could enlighten their status as well and for personnels who have been called up for interview able to share the timeline to do a rough gauge for other forum users to view? Thanks in advance~

I applied on 6 Apr and received an email to attend the PT on 3 May. This is the MINDEF DXO hiring process after reading the hundreds of posts here, long process; up to 6 months from date of application until start work:

1. Psychometric test (PT) (3hr MCQ)
2. Interview (do written test before actual interview)
3. Unit Preview (doesnt mean you are offered the job)
4. Medical & Security Clearance (usually done in parallel while contract is prepared hence contract is subject to both of these cleared)
5. Contract Signing
6. Report to work

all different days.

Prep for PT: sudoku puzzles, verbal reasoning. 3 hours for all 3 parts.
test 1: verbal reasoning. 60qns in 40mins
test 2: smth like IQ questions? 60qns in 30mins
test 3: personality test. 185qns.

Unregistered 10-04-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amandaxllrina (Post 96396)
Hi Guys!

I just graduated from polytechnic and hoping to apply the video production department in DXO. Anyone have any idea how they work or/and the pay range for a diploma holder, 2.5k minimum ? :-)

thank you!

Go look up the reviews at glassdoor:

s://.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-MINDEF-Singapore-RVW4965081.htm

Unregistered 11-04-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96531)
I applied on 6 Apr and received an email to attend the PT on 3 May. This is the MINDEF DXO hiring process after reading the hundreds of posts here, long process; up to 6 months from date of application until start work:

1. Psychometric test (PT) (3hr MCQ)
2. Interview (do written test before actual interview)
3. Unit Preview (doesnt mean you are offered the job)
4. Medical & Security Clearance (usually done in parallel while contract is prepared hence contract is subject to both of these cleared)
5. Contract Signing
6. Report to work

all different days.

Prep for PT: sudoku puzzles, verbal reasoning. 3 hours for all 3 parts.
test 1: verbal reasoning. 60qns in 40mins
test 2: smth like IQ questions? 60qns in 30mins
test 3: personality test. 185qns.

hi there. i finally saw someone who did their homework. You are very suited to be a DXO. We need problem solvers, and not school leavers who wants to be spoonfed. good luck on your application.

as a DXO who went thru the process 1 year plus back. your summary is quite accurate. will be glad to help if you need more information pertaining to recruitment only.

Unregistered 12-04-2017 12:47 AM

<<<< question to

Did you get an increment after your confirmation ? Or was it lumped together with your merit increment from your PB?

Unregistered 12-04-2017 11:52 PM

Applied for research officer job, anyone went for an interview for that already?

Unregistered 13-04-2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96589)
Did you get an increment after your confirmation ? Or was it lumped together with your merit increment from your PB?

yes. you do get a confirmation increment which is a one-off increment. you will get it in the month you are confirmed, with pro-rated merit increment. but you will still get your usual merit increment during the annual PB.

MrVaVaVoom 18-04-2017 06:11 PM

Went for the PT on 17 March, haven't heard from Mindef since. Anyone who took the PT in March got notified of their progress?

Unregistered 19-04-2017 08:03 AM

Can anyone advise on the DX10 salary cap/ceiling?

Unregistered 19-04-2017 10:33 PM

I took the PT on 23rd march 17 and just recieved the email saying that i am not further a shortlisted. Its an automated email so I guess for those who didn't get any reply there is still hope?

Unregistered 25-04-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96624)
Applied for research officer job, anyone went for an interview for that already?

Went Psychometric test on 20th Apr. I hope i don't get to hear from them within one week cause from what i read is that no news is good news. Will update once i gone for the interview.

Unregistered 25-04-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96794)
I took the PT on 23rd march 17 and just recieved the email saying that i am not further a shortlisted. Its an automated email so I guess for those who didn't get any reply there is still hope?

How long after the test you received the email ?

Unregistered 26-04-2017 04:17 PM

Security Clearance

Anyone here have been to a security clearance interview for the last stage of interview able to share some insights?

Unregistered 26-04-2017 09:07 PM

got the rejection email 6 weeks after PT...so no news is not good news too

Unregistered 26-04-2017 09:57 PM

Rejected

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96983)
got the rejection email 6 weeks after PT...so no news is not good news too

I just got a rejection email too. It is my 7th week after PT. i believe I did well for my PT though.

Unregistered 29-04-2017 01:17 AM

Oh no.. I thought no news is good news. Seems like this is not the case. I was still being happy today thinking i have passed the '1 week' danger zone not knowing i am so wrong. Do you guys know when can you apply DXO again? What i do know is that a person cant go thru another round of PT within a year after failing.

Unregistered 02-05-2017 05:50 PM

Hi all, was wondering about the particulars of referees in the application form. Saw that someone mentioned can just leave it blank. Is it really necessary, the details about NRIC, Home Address all? Thanks!!!

Unregistered 02-05-2017 06:24 PM

Went for the PT test on 10th March (yes almost 2 months ago), with no news at all till today. I emailed HR a month ago to check on the status but she simply said that they were still processing applications due to an overwhelming number of applications. I have yet to receive any kind of rejection email.

I've since accepted another offer from another govt ministry. The wait for MINDEF is far too long -_-

Unregistered 02-05-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97085)
Hi all, was wondering about the particulars of referees in the application form. Saw that someone mentioned can just leave it blank. Is it really necessary, the details about NRIC, Home Address all? Thanks!!!

I left one referee blank. They contacted around 1 month later to get the information of one more referee. I think you better fill it in for smoother processing.

Unregistered 02-05-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97088)
I left one referee blank. They contacted around 1 month later to get the information of one more referee. I think you better fill it in for smoother processing.

Sorry, I was the one who posted this. Misread your question. Anyway when they ask me for the other referee, they asked me to fill in all the particulars including address, nric, the person's employer address.. so i feel that if possible, you should just fill it in.

Unregistered 03-05-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97086)
Went for the PT test on 10th March (yes almost 2 months ago), with no news at all till today. I emailed HR a month ago to check on the status but she simply said that they were still processing applications due to an overwhelming number of applications. I have yet to receive any kind of rejection email.

I've since accepted another offer from another govt ministry. The wait for MINDEF is far too long -_-

What post did u apply for? Went for PT on 27 April. Seems like tge wait usually will be more than. 6 weeks. They will send email for rejected applicants right?

Unregistered 09-05-2017 02:03 PM

There are two similar job vacancies listed on their website, research officer and research officer (operational and policy planning). Anyone know what the differences are?

Unregistered 15-05-2017 02:50 PM

Anyone went for PT on 27 april and got a reply?

Unregistered 15-05-2017 05:16 PM

anyone has knowledge on the job of research officer? what's the day to day tasks and is it based at mindef hq?

Unregistered 16-05-2017 08:46 AM

There's an ad on careers@gov advertising an opening for a Legal Executive DXO position. It requires at least a Diploma in law and management and experience working in a law firm (both of which I have). I don't have a degree (intend to pursue further studies, hopefully in law).

What do you guys think the DXO grade will be, and its corresponding starting pay? I'm a male with NS.

Unregistered 18-05-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97253)
There are two similar job vacancies listed on their website, research officer and research officer (operational and policy planning). Anyone know what the differences are?

I would like this find out about this too. PD on careers@gov sound quite similar.

Unregistered 19-05-2017 12:39 AM

Thanks everyone for their input so far. I've looked through the last 100 pages but haven't seen anyone bringing this up. Will try my luck asking.

Does anyone know what kind of personality traits they are looking for? Obviously will be different for different roles, but I'm sure that there are some common traits that apply across the board.

Or perhaps another way of phrasing this is: of those who got through to the interview stage after PT, what is your personality like? :)

Unregistered 19-05-2017 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97435)
Thanks everyone for their input so far. I've looked through the last 100 pages but haven't seen anyone bringing this up. Will try my luck asking.

Does anyone know what kind of personality traits they are looking for? Obviously will be different for different roles, but I'm sure that there are some common traits that apply across the board.

Or perhaps another way of phrasing this is: of those who got through to the interview stage after PT, what is your personality like? :)

while i cant speak for all other candidates, from what i know, i got chosen cause i appeared to be jovial throughout the interview and my boss said i would fit well in the unit. On the other hand, there was other bosses in the same interview, think i appeared to aloof and did not choose me. in the end, its the perspective of your future boss that matters. you cant prepare for this. be yourself and imagine talking to your much older cousins in a honest and confident manner.

and if you are asking what was the traits we input for PT in order for us to get to interview stage... again, cant speak for others. myself if i remember correctly, i value teamwork and integrity. no right or wrong answer though.. first thing they taught us is that everyone has different personality.. some get things done using cool analytical skills without needed teamwork... some requires communication skills in a team. so even if you put you like working alone.. nth wrong. depends on job.

Unregistered 20-05-2017 11:21 AM

Thanks for your input. I was just wondering whether there were any personality types they will definitely reject straightaway haha. Guess won't really find out. Just wondering what they are looking for to make it past the PT stage since I think I did alright for verbal and matrix reasoning but not sure about the personality part.

Unregistered 20-05-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97436)
while i cant speak for all other candidates, from what i know, i got chosen cause i appeared to be jovial throughout the interview and my boss said i would fit well in the unit. On the other hand, there was other bosses in the same interview, think i appeared to aloof and did not choose me. in the end, its the perspective of your future boss that matters. you cant prepare for this. be yourself and imagine talking to your much older cousins in a honest and confident manner.

and if you are asking what was the traits we input for PT in order for us to get to interview stage... again, cant speak for others. myself if i remember correctly, i value teamwork and integrity. no right or wrong answer though.. first thing they taught us is that everyone has different personality.. some get things done using cool analytical skills without needed teamwork... some requires communication skills in a team. so even if you put you like working alone.. nth wrong. depends on job.

BTW how did you know that your interviewers thought you were jovial/aloof? They told you at a later stage when you ended up joining?

Unregistered 21-05-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97469)
BTW how did you know that your interviewers thought you were jovial/aloof? They told you at a later stage when you ended up joining?

the are other units bosses in the interview too. I got chosen by only 1 and not the others. My friend who was chosen by the other boss was told by his boss on why i was chosen by my current boss. haha sort of like gossip behind the scenes type.

my boss also mentioned that she thinks i will suit well in the unit when i just signed...but not the specifics though.

Unregistered 23-05-2017 08:43 AM

reposting to get you guys' opinion/input.

There's an ad on careers@gov advertising an opening for a Legal Executive DXO position. It requires at least a Diploma in law and management and experience working in a law firm (both of which I have). I don't have a degree (intend to pursue further studies, hopefully in law).

What do you guys think the DXO grade will be, and its corresponding starting pay? I'm a male with NS.

Unregistered 23-05-2017 10:47 AM

Hi all, I went for unit preview last week. Till now I have yet to receive any call or updates, I know we're supposed to wait up to 1-2 weeks but I'm getting quite anxious cause the rest says it'll take about 1-3 days only sigh

Unregistered 24-05-2017 10:41 AM

what's the difference between the departments which work at gombak drive and cmpb?

Unregistered 25-05-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97482)
the are other units bosses in the interview too. I got chosen by only 1 and not the others. My friend who was chosen by the other boss was told by his boss on why i was chosen by my current boss. haha sort of like gossip behind the scenes type.

my boss also mentioned that she thinks i will suit well in the unit when i just signed...but not the specifics though.

Oh interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Just waiting for hear back after my PT... it's only been a week but I'm already getting anxious. I have a friend who was only called up for an interview 3 months after she did her PT so we'll see.

Unregistered 26-05-2017 09:10 AM

If its more thn 2 weeks n no one get back to me means no change alr or under backup candidate

Unregistered 26-05-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97624)
If its more thn 2 weeks n no one get back to me means no change alr or under backup candidate

with powderful england like this, you would do well outside of MINDEF. you are too gucci for them.

Unregistered 26-05-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97632)
with powderful england like this, you would do well outside of MINDEF. you are too gucci for them.

Let's not give unhelpful remarks, it's all right to ask a question.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it could take more than 2 weeks because the hiring manager has to fill up a form/essay stating why they chose you? So if they're busy it could take a while. Be patient, I'm sure it'll work out. All the best!

Unregistered 29-05-2017 10:18 AM

Will there be a difference in career path should a Unisim degree holder apply for Assistant Executive position(diploma requirement)? Have about 9 years related exp and recently came across this Assistant Executive position, but unsure on the path i will be taking.

Unregistered 29-05-2017 05:33 PM

Anyone went for PT late April and has gotten a reply alr?