Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 22-06-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175082)
I applied for a DXO position on 27May. It’s nearly a month and nothing heard. I tend to think that should I have some chance to be shortlisted for interview, they would have called me up by now. Should I give up waiting? Fresh FCH here.

Do give them some time. Took a month for them to get back to me when I applied in January.

Unregistered 22-06-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174855)
Did you take up the job offer in the end?

Yes, I did.

Unregistered 22-06-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

I applied for a DXO position on 27May. It’s nearly a month and nothing heard. I tend to think that should I have some chance to be shortlisted for interview, they would have called me up by now. Should I give up waiting? Fresh FCH here.

Did they call you to go for psychometric test?

Unregistered 22-06-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175185)
Do give them some time. Took a month for them to get back to me when I applied in January.

Did they call you to go for psychometric test?

Nope. No call. Maybe my application did not go thru because there was no acknowledgement. But someone here said this is normal. Maybe I wait a week more or so before I email the HR. Tks all.

Unregistered 24-06-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175063)
How many candidates does MINDEF usually see at the unit preview/2nd interview stage?

Anyone waiting for results of site preview?

Unregistered 25-06-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

It also depends on the closing date of application. Maybe they would want to evaluate all candidates at one go.

My story goes:
Application: Feb
Contacted by HR: mid mar
Written test and First interview: end mar
Second interview: early Apr
Followup call from HR to confirm my interest: mid to end apr
Do clearance online: early May
Medical: end May
Sign contract: mid June

Unregistered 25-06-2021 01:50 PM

Does HR usually reply if you ask them about the application process? I’ve attended the test and an interview, its been 3 weeks. :O

Unregistered 26-06-2021 04:25 PM

If dxos dont leave a job, how do they ensure progressions like the military counterparts?

Unregistered 26-06-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175648)
If dxos dont leave a job, how do they ensure progressions like the military counterparts?

I think Mindef is defence org, so def military regular will have defined career path. DXO wise is a supporting role where career path is ownself search. Positive aspect is that you get a higher pay in Mindef as compared to outside.

Unregistered 30-06-2021 11:51 AM

It has been a week since my site preview. I read in this forum that usually HR will call on the day or a day after the site preview. Does it mean that all hope is lost?