Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2021 08:24 PM

The process is indeed secretive..

Unregistered 12-08-2021 10:12 PM

Did anyone went through the security clearance recently? May I know how long did they take?

Unregistered 12-08-2021 11:03 PM

Is it normal for HR to ask you go for medical screening + make saf IC before they officially offer you? Was told that salary will only be discussed after the above 2 activities.

Unregistered 12-08-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179972)
Is it normal for HR to ask you go for medical screening + make saf IC before they officially offer you? Was told that salary will only be discussed after the above 2 activities.

have you gone through the security clearance?

Unregistered 13-08-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179974)
have you gone through the security clearance?

Not that I know of, don't think I am. But I'm just not sure why they ask me to make saf ic when I havent accept the offer

Unregistered 13-08-2021 08:16 AM

ohh I always thought thrs a need to go thru security clearance? Someone in this forum said b4 they will ask people to do medical clearance and saf pass first but if the security clearance failed, they will just remove the picture

Unregistered 13-08-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179996)
ohh I always thought thrs a need to go thru security clearance? Someone in this forum said b4 they will ask people to do medical clearance and saf pass first but if the security clearance failed, they will just remove the picture

May I know at which stage is security clearance? Is it the part they ask you to declare if you have any loans or debts?

Unregistered 15-08-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179972)

i think make 'SAF IC' is just to take a photo for the card (if you're a lady; males just use their green SAF IC) at CMBP during medical screening. You won't get the card until you're in service (or for males: sticker to update you are DXO at the back of the SAF IC)

Acceptance into service is after both medical AND security clearance, and they run concurrently because the latter takes about 1.5 mth to 2 mths or so to complete.

hope it helps.

Unregistered 15-08-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180141)
i think make 'SAF IC' is just to take a photo for the card (if you're a lady; males just use their green SAF IC) at CMBP during medical screening. You won't get the card until you're in service (or for males: sticker to update you are DXO at the back of the SAF IC)

Acceptance into service is after both medical AND security clearance, and they run concurrently because the latter takes about 1.5 mth to 2 mths or so to complete.

hope it helps.

Will I be informed when security clearance starts? So it means that after 1.5 - 2 months, they will officially offer then see if I'm agreeable to the salary. Then if all is okay I'll probably be joining them 3 months from now? Since need to serve notice period as well.

Unregistered 15-08-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180144)
Will I be informed when security clearance starts? So it means that after 1.5 - 2 months, they will officially offer then see if I'm agreeable to the salary. Then if all is okay I'll probably be joining them 3 months from now? Since need to serve notice period as well.

not sure if the process changed. last time still got some hard copy document to fill up for security clearance asking you to declare things like any overseas history, debts and etc. if you do, chances are the process has started -- which i recall i was informed.. think you can ask the HR personnel.

offer would usually be made after security clearance (which is longer) than medical.