Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Ambition 18-11-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149419)
Not sure if anyone can answer this, understand that if parents who were previously born citizenship in another country to convert to SG citizenship, my cat 1 security clearance will fail. Is that true?

False. A lot of ang moh also serve NS and are cleared to serve the highest office.

Ambition 18-11-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149416)
Has anyone went for written test and interview was scheduled on another day? Any idea if can bring cameraphone on the day of interview?

No lack of locker for u to keep your phone if needed.

Just don't do silly thing like attempt to vlog.

Ambition 18-11-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149411)
Dear All, may I ask if its been more than 2 weeks of silence since they ask for my documents, does that mean that they are not interested?

The HR ladies are very friendly. Call them. Seriously.

Calling also make them feel u r interested in the job, no loss to you.

Unregistered 19-11-2020 04:20 PM

About G50 Form

Hi all, saw that quite a number of you were talking about the G50 form for DXO. I just googled and found that the form is a Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence), is that correct? If that's form, has anyone been requested to fill in that form after applying for the job, before any tests and interviews?

I am mid-career and recently applied for DXO post. After I applied online, the HR contacted me to submit all the documents and I filled in the Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence) (perhaps it is the G50 form). It has been almost one month and I have not received any email or call from them. Does it mean they are checking my background now even before the 2nd step?

Ambition 21-11-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149502)
Hi all, saw that quite a number of you were talking about the G50 form for DXO. I just googled and found that the form is a Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence), is that correct? If that's form, has anyone been requested to fill in that form after applying for the job, before any tests and interviews?

I am mid-career and recently applied for DXO post. After I applied online, the HR contacted me to submit all the documents and I filled in the Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence) (perhaps it is the G50 form). It has been almost one month and I have not received any email or call from them. Does it mean they are checking my background now even before the 2nd step?

No background info how to help you.

At least list the things u already been through.

Psychometric test?

Interview?

No news is good news. They do send letter of rejection.

Unregistered 22-11-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149282)
really depends if interviewer want to know more why you decide to jump ship to become DXO

Easy 9-5 job, iron rice bowl, shielded from recession, jiak liao bee job, defence budget will never be cut, etc. Acceptable answers for interviewer?

Unregistered 23-11-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149691)
Easy 9-5 job, iron rice bowl, shielded from recession, jiak liao bee job, defence budget will never be cut, etc. Acceptable answers for interviewer?

Your parents still love you. its ok, the past is the past. you have to let it go. Else, talk it out with your daddy.

some facts.
1. 8-6. may have extra shift work.
2. you can be asked to leave. probation lasts 1 year.
3. no bonus if economy dont do well. but yes, will not be asked to leave due to bad economy.
4. I've yet to see a jiak liao bee DXO job, at least for the degree holder positions.
5. yes, the absolute value wont be cut. but the increase can slow down and many depts will get squeezed, salary for new grads may be reduced, lower increment and welfare/benefits programs get cancelled etc.

Unregistered 23-11-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149712)
Your parents still love you. its ok, the past is the past. you have to let it go. Else, talk it out with your daddy.

some facts.
1. 8-6. may have extra shift work.
2. you can be asked to leave. probation lasts 1 year.
3. no bonus if economy dont do well. but yes, will not be asked to leave due to bad economy.
4. I've yet to see a jiak liao bee DXO job, at least for the degree holder positions.
5. yes, the absolute value wont be cut. but the increase can slow down and many depts will get squeezed, salary for new grads may be reduced, lower increment and welfare/benefits programs get cancelled etc.

Hahaha if people working in MINDEF are not the most jiak liao bee employees in Singapore then how do you explain the fact that a certain South Asian country has already invaded us through legal channels without any bullets arguably through asymmetric warfare, and the people supposedly defending our country are trying to justify their iron rice bowls online, its sad really.

Just keep quiet and collect your paycheck and continue looking at life through your rose-tinted glasses :)

Unregistered 23-11-2020 05:11 PM

any idea what is the average waiting time between interview and call for site preview during this period? ty

Unregistered 24-11-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149731)
Hahaha if people working in MINDEF are not the most jiak liao bee employees in Singapore then how do you explain the fact that a certain South Asian country has already invaded us through legal channels without any bullets arguably through asymmetric warfare, and the people supposedly defending our country are trying to justify their iron rice bowls online, its sad really.

Just keep quiet and collect your paycheck and continue looking at life through your rose-tinted glasses :)

are u dumb or what?

what has Mindef and DXO got to do with CECA?