Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 23-12-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237607)
mindef got no rejection email. 2 weeks no reply means never move on. if the interview panel really wants you, they will tell u directly that u are hired, and HR will liaise with u on the verbal package. If they tell u wait for HR, means u just wasted your half day leave

I guess it really depends, for my case they called back 6 weeks, while 1 of my friend received the offer after 2 months

Unregistered 23-12-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237604)
Is there a reason why you feel you will be progress to the next step? Like wrong signal from the interviewer?

I think you can wait for another month

Unregistered 23-12-2022 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237571)
Compensation package as in salary, rank, benefits etc..

Yup the hr did informed me on this. Is just too good to reject

Unregistered 24-12-2022 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237629)
Yup the hr did informed me on this. Is just too good to reject

You have working experience or fresh grad?

Unregistered 26-12-2022 11:27 PM

Anyone has examples of people who successfully make the transit from DXO to public eg like in MNC roles?

Heard that a lot of the stuff is non transferrable and many end up just staying within the DXO system which would be a major point for consideration. Of course during the interview they always say that's not true etc but the point is that the ones in the interviews saying that are the ones who are staying within the system.

Unregistered 27-12-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237627)
I guess it really depends, for my case they called back 6 weeks, while 1 of my friend received the offer after 2 months

it just mean that neither of you are the first few choice and the hiring panel is not picky and does not want to get thru the hassle of interviewing again. Likely just to fill an ordinary dxo role.

Unregistered 27-12-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237734)
Anyone has examples of people who successfully make the transit from DXO to public eg like in MNC roles?

Heard that a lot of the stuff is non transferrable and many end up just staying within the DXO system which would be a major point for consideration. Of course during the interview they always say that's not true etc but the point is that the ones in the interviews saying that are the ones who are staying within the system.

Do you even know your career direction? You sound confused

Unregistered 27-12-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237612)
For all job applications, always apply for a few jobs....u never know when they will reply u

nowadays confirm everyone apply to many jobs luh... but the one they want the most is probably this

Unregistered 27-12-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237734)

I would say its hard to switch to outside. From the recruiter view: Mindef things might not be as relevant to them as compared to other potential joiners who worked in other competitors. From DXO view: they must be prepared for change in mindset, faster work pace, less stability and of course in exchange for more work experience.

Unregistered 27-12-2022 03:06 PM

security clearance

anyone cleared their security clearance this month Dec 22?