Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

anxious 12-12-2013 02:42 AM

Job Scope

Hi everyone,

anyone here knows the JD of the medical dept side?
EG: Training Executive (Medics), Trainer (Centre of health service), Nursing officer (Training dept)..
All these are nursing, health science related.
whoever has friends/relatives/yourself working inside knows all these JD in detailed? Any skills involvement? OR?? needed to know what they actually do exactly as these 3 JD seems so similar.

Currently awaiting for my results. Waited for about 1 week. So still waiting as they told me it needs 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Tallkitt 15-12-2013 10:31 AM

Does anyone work in air force as counsellor? Describe how is it like?

Unregistered 15-12-2013 11:53 AM

i applied dxo position before but didnt go for the PT cause got job alr. didnt reply them either i not going. now i want to reapply, will i be blacklisted?

488A 17-12-2013 09:59 AM

PT test on 11 Dec 2013

Hi,

Did my Psychometric test on 11 Dec 2013. Anyone here did the test on the same date and already received a call for interview?

Did not finish the 1st verbal test, will this affect my appln for the job?

Also, noticed in this thread, most graduates are from local unis. Anyone from UNISIM managed to get a job as an DXO?

Thanks in advance...

FSL 20-12-2013 10:17 AM

Hi, Anyone here knows what is the pay scale for the various DXO levels and the designation associated with the various DXO levels?

Can share? Thank in advance :)

Unregistered 20-12-2013 03:43 PM

Just to check, will they will inform us about our job application status, irregardless of our PT pass/fail results? I've been waiting forever...3 months..no response.

Unregistered 26-12-2013 03:57 PM

For PT can expect to wait for a month. Usually the HR will email you to tell you whether you are further short listed. However, given that it is Christmas season, many of those involved in the hiring process may be on leave and you might have to wait a bit longer.

BTW, anyone knows whether confirmation as DXO after 6 months will have a slight increment?

bastionn 27-12-2013 11:24 AM

Hi guys,

anyone knows what would roughly be the starting pay a video journalist (fresh grad 2nd upper)? had just been invited to take the PT but would like to find out a little more about this job if anyone knows. thanks!

juventusfc27 09-01-2014 08:44 PM

2 questions...

1) do they accept male candidates that ORD with PES E9L9?

2) only big 3 can apply? ppl from unisim / sim global education no chance of getting the job at all?

thanks

Unregistered 10-01-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juventusfc27 (Post 47151)
2 questions...

1) do they accept male candidates that ORD with PES E9L9?

2) only big 3 can apply? ppl from unisim / sim global education no chance of getting the job at all?

thanks

1) Yes they do.

2) Now that unisim is considered 'local', I think it will be possible for them to get in. Note that unisim is not equal to sim global.

But no, SIM GE and other private uni very difficult or almost impossible to get in. The only DXOs I've seen with private degrees are those who got in with local diploma, into DX4/5 rank and slowly work their way up. Eventually, they are told to get a degree to upgrade themselves and promote further, so some of them take private part-time degrees. Aside from this, there are also those who get in mainly due to their years of experience, hence, their degree doesnt matter much. But these are usually the older ones. There are also those admin aunties, low pay, low rank. Dont think they have degree also.

But in general, you wont be placd on the same track as local grads(even if you get in) unless you are damn zai.