Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 04-11-2013 06:59 PM

it's the 5th week since my PT, no news yet. Should I email HR?? getting really worried... :/

jobhunter1234 05-11-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44916)
it's the 5th week since my PT, no news yet. Should I email HR?? getting really worried... :/

Imo, don't bother, they will just give you a general reply or rather they might just ignore. The day of the psychometric test the staff already told us that there is no need to call the HR they are 'busy' processing. If they really need you for that position and you are the right candidate, there is no reason that they won't call you. I think you can move on in search of other jobs while waiting.

Unregistered 05-11-2013 06:44 AM

Do you guys know that the new computerised PT test actually has a pass and fail results?.. cause my friend in HR for prisons says for their PT test, there is a pass and fail, those fail wont proceed to next round.

tiffany 08-11-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44544)
wow, congrats on getting the job! does it mean you'll be working on the ship?

No leh. Im working from the base but I do get opportunities to go on ships. ^.^
Sorry for late replies. Haven't checked back here for a while..

Unregistered 09-11-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany (Post 45043)
No leh. Im working from the base but I do get opportunities to go on ships. ^.^
Sorry for late replies. Haven't checked back here for a while..

Cool! I visited the USS George Washington recently. One oof the US super carriers. Did you get a chance to see some of the visiting forces ships too?

I completed the recruitment process recently too. Whole thing took about 3-4 months. In my opinion, the interview and the site visits are the most important parts of the process. Have to be able to show that you have the right skills and attitude for the job. Cheers!

Unregistered 22-11-2013 08:57 PM

For the psychometric test, anybody noe wad will be e chance of u getting e job if u fail test 1 (verbal reasoning) but pass test 2 and 3? I only finished 35-40 questions for test 1 =(

Unregistered 28-11-2013 12:54 PM

8 weeks and counting since PT. Anyone knows when they will send the rejection email or anything. -.-" no news from them at all.

Unregistered 28-11-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45787)
8 weeks and counting since PT. Anyone knows when they will send the rejection email or anything. -.-" no news from them at all.

8 weeks kinda too long. It doesn't sound good to me. I think from PT to the interview longest should be 4 weeks. I gotten my within a week. Though sometimes it take longer than usual depending on the urgency of the position, but I doubt that will take 8 weeks. Try applying to some other jobs.

Unregistered 28-11-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45788)
8 weeks kinda too long. It doesn't sound good to me. I think from PT to the interview longest should be 4 weeks. I gotten my within a week. Though sometimes it take longer than usual depending on the urgency of the position, but I doubt that will take 8 weeks. Try applying to some other jobs.

Ok... sigh. Yeah I guess my chances are very slim. Have been applying for other positions and will continue to do so. Thanks!

Btw, what post did you apply for? is it one that requires specific skills/knowledge?

Unregistered 28-11-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45796)
Ok... sigh. Yeah I guess my chances are very slim. Have been applying for other positions and will continue to do so. Thanks!

Btw, what post did you apply for? is it one that requires specific skills/knowledge?

Dun wish to reveal so much here. But I can share that I have applied for a non fresh grad positin but still they granted me the interview opportunity. I guess you dun have t follow strictly by just applying to those positions wit asterisk if you are fresh grad, just apply what u think u like and if unsuitable they will just send you rejection email. But do take note that those template descriptions of the positions do not reflect the actual job scope. Suggest you dun apply if you wanna more challenges and potential career rewards. If you just eyeing for a good starting salary and a consistent income, don't mind doing simple job, this is the job for you. Don't worry about the interview, they won't ask you history of saf or questions that require critical thinking.. Go and show that you are keen and willing to accept the job scope an you are in.