Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 05-05-2023 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247753)
Wow.. I definitely got low balled.. I was the op with 5.8k. I got a 30% paycut from my basic in pte.. time to leave..

Don’t ever join public service and take a pay cut

Unregistered 09-05-2023 05:25 PM

Don't know if I should join

Hello everyone,
Need some advice, don't know if i shld join mindef or other offers that are aligned with my interests. The mindef job is stable and pay well, but i also dunno that much abt the job scope but it is sth that i can do and dont mind doing. i also have another offer from another coy to do sth that im quite int in, but it's not perm job so mindef is more stable. of course the pay dont match up to mindef...rly cant fight.

i have read many posts on this forum, i see some ppl recommend to join mindef but some rly advise against it, some say dont join unless got no choice.. would rly like to have some refreshed insights on working at mindef. is it really that bad? why ppl say it's a dead end job? are the skills rly too difficult to transfer in future?

Unregistered 09-05-2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248003)
Hello everyone,
Need some advice, don't know if i shld join mindef or other offers that are aligned with my interests. The mindef job is stable and pay well, but i also dunno that much abt the job scope but it is sth that i can do and dont mind doing. i also have another offer from another coy to do sth that im quite int in, but it's not perm job so mindef is more stable. of course the pay dont match up to mindef...rly cant fight.

i have read many posts on this forum, i see some ppl recommend to join mindef but some rly advise against it, some say dont join unless got no choice.. would rly like to have some refreshed insights on working at mindef. is it really that bad? why ppl say it's a dead end job? are the skills rly too difficult to transfer in future?

are u a fresh grad? or mid career?

how is the offer like for mindef?

Unregistered 09-05-2023 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247605)
Not bad for fresh poly grad

Unfortunately not a technically a fresh grad.... been in CS for about 3 years.... bit low aint it?

Unregistered 09-05-2023 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247668)
I got 2.9k, DX6S. Hitting ceiling soon lol

oh wow.... I nego and they said that 2.6 was the highest that they could have offered... :(

Unregistered 09-05-2023 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248006)
are u a fresh grad? or mid career?

how is the offer like for mindef?

Hello im OP. i have 2+ years of experience, still considered fresh. the offer is very good, 5k, i cannot find elsewhere for now.

Unregistered 10-05-2023 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248033)
Hello im OP. i have 2+ years of experience, still considered fresh. the offer is very good, 5k, i cannot find elsewhere for now.

This is not fresh liao. You lucky, I got lowballed and they didn't take my YOE into account. Regret joining when I see people doing same job but higher pay.

Unregistered 10-05-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248036)
This is not fresh liao. You lucky, I got lowballed and they didn't take my YOE into account. Regret joining when I see people doing same job but higher pay.

wa! may i ask which year you join? is it cause during your time the salary rate is lower?

Unregistered 10-05-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248033)

base 5k is really quite good. if you can't find better or similar offers, just take ba.

stable and got work life balance

Unregistered 11-05-2023 10:51 AM

How long before they call you up for an inteview?

I applied for a job in Mindef end of April and they AI chatbot said they'll get back to me in 2 weeks if i've shortlisted... the job listing only ended 1st week of may but i've yet to hear anything.

When i do check the AI bot, it says that my application is being reviewed. Does this mean i'm not considered or does it usually take much longer for HR to call you up for a interview?

TIA!