Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 03-09-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41959)
Hi! When did you take the psychometric test?

I took the test at the end of july and they took 1mth to reply. Haha~

Unregistered 03-09-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41969)
I took the test at the end of july and they took 1mth to reply. Haha~

I was wondering if it is the norm for that long wait time - 1 month! Imagine the anxiety!

haiz2006 04-09-2013 02:32 PM

Mid aug assessment.
Now I got interview next week

Unregistered 08-09-2013 10:15 AM

Anyone knows if MINDEF contributes to our CPF on top of our own monthly CPF contribution?

Unregistered 09-09-2013 06:24 AM

Dxo

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz2006 (Post 42008)
Mid aug assessment.
Now I got interview next week

any1 who work as DXO will really relac huan shake leg collect pay every month on the 10th.DXO1/2/3/4 is mostly those N or O level peeple never think properly first but hor join this job but the pay so low like mayb $1300 every month.they are normally those admin gers huan.work 26 days every month, sat & sun off then still got bonus.most of these gers think they hit the bigtime but hor i think they quite silly.they waste their youth cos they join when they are 19-20 then 10 years just go by like that then confirm very hard to change their mindset to leave the service cos they are very comfortable never do anything still got money every month.the smart huans are those hor who join DXO 1/2/3/4 but hor go for night class to do their degree then after they graduate they find better job.if you ask me most gers i see rot there then most probably marry those regulars who posted on shore duty huan.life quite miserable cos sometimes will end up divorce then come back to square 1.

DXO 6/7 is those uniform personnel last time huan then hor convert to non-uniform staff.the pay ish about $3000. DXO 8/9/10 is those got degree one.NUS degree pay very high.most DXO8/9/10 I know hor every year go holiday a few times huan.DXO 8/9/10 always mix with the officers huan.

so long story short don't gong gong join DXO 1/2/3/4.DXO 8/9/10 the pay ish very high huan.your life will be very good.

Unregistered 09-09-2013 11:04 PM

This is a FAQ ! Let's keep it that way and give due respect to others' choice!

Unregistered 11-09-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41892)
Depends on your paper qualifications. Local degree is DX9. DX grades are non-negotiable. You will be placed on the graduate path if you are a graduate. They will not instantly up you to a higher DX grade. Especially not with only 2-3 years exp. DX9 dont earn close to 4.7k. Depending on their job scopes, DX9 are closer to 3.5k-4k. Do note that public sector dont pay as much as private sector. 2-3 years doesnt warrant enough experience to receive a higher grade.

Thanks for the advice. I graduated from NUS and had worked in a stat board. The role in MINDEF i applied for is similar to what I did in the stat board, and there are a lot of transferable skill sets. Just wondering if they would take that into account when they assess the grade and remuneration package.

Unregistered 12-09-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjonghae (Post 41620)
i went for psychometric test mid july, and didnt receive any news at all. made me so anxious.
my fren who went got rejected 1 week after she did the test.

so i emailed the hr person and asked if i'm shortlisted. she replied damn fast and told me that there are no suitable vacancy for me at the moment, but they will keep my application in view for other positions.

is this good news or bad news ah?

So in this case .. Is it their diplomatic way of rejecting the applicant or are they really keeping the application in view but then for how long? Any idea any experience ones here? Thanks!

jobhunter1234 13-09-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42321)
So in this case .. Is it their diplomatic way of rejecting the applicant or are they really keeping the application in view but then for how long? Any idea any experience ones here? Thanks!

I not too sure. But I went for one interview with a statboard and after the third interview they told me no vacancy for the position that I applied for and will keep my application till suitable openings are vacant.

Unregistered 16-09-2013 06:24 PM

Hi all, I was the one who didn't do the last 15 questions for the first test. I was called up by the HR to ask if I was still interested in the position last week. Then they sent me an email asking me to go down for interview. From what I gathered, there were a few who went down for interview and then were informed about their work location. For me, I was allocated to one according to the email leh.

Also, I don't remember doing the test on computer. It was all written tests. Why u all keep saying is computer test? <:(