Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115852)
I applied for something related to orientation definitely not your title... But I guess could be same boss, unless orientation is required at all 5 BMTC.

Radio silence. I hope no news is good news. Judging from all the recent and helpful replies, it's going to be a long process. Now even disgruntled public servants will join the line with fresh grads.

Why do you say that disgruntled public servants will join the line w fresh grad? Isn't Mindef also part of the public service?

Unregistered 01-04-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115856)
Why do you say that disgruntled public servants will join the line w fresh grad? Isn't Mindef also part of the public service?

Disgruntled with one particular organization or dept and thus decided to try another to at least maintain the sense of security, culture, and possibly length of service?

Unregistered 01-04-2019 05:27 PM

Interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115852)
I applied for something related to orientation definitely not your title... But I guess could be same boss, unless orientation is required at all 5 BMTC.

Radio silence. I hope no news is good news. Judging from all the recent and helpful replies, it's going to be a long process. Now even disgruntled public servants will join the line with fresh grads.

May I know when did you had your Psychometric test?

Unregistered 01-04-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115872)
May I know when did you had your Psychometric test?

More than 2 weeks ago. My suggestion buddy, take it easy and cast your net wider. Like another candidate suggested, who knows you may work elsewhere for a few months before Mindef invite you to sign. By then you would have the freedom of choice. Defence can be problematic when it comes to transferable skills if you are young.

Applicant123 01-04-2019 08:41 PM

Apply asap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115530)
I would like enquire how Long does it take for me to receive an email to be called for a PT? Will I be considered as I will graduate in 2 months time or do I have to wait till I have officially graduated in order to apply?

Apply ASAP, the process can take pretty long (e.g. 6 months lol)

Unregistered 01-04-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115834)
Just curious, if anyone here applied for the position of orientation manager and got called for interview already?

I applied in late Jan, no call ups yet. Did my PT in early Feb. As usual, HR says still processing just wait...

Unregistered 01-04-2019 10:43 PM

Pt

Hi, any idea what is the average pt reasoning question that one person can complete within the time frame..? Appreciate for the responses.

Unregistered 02-04-2019 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115923)
Hi, any idea what is the average pt reasoning question that one person can complete within the time frame..? Appreciate for the responses.

Can I paraphrase it as, how many marks must one get in section A and B to be considered good?

The simple answer is of coz, finish all and get all correct. This will place you in top spot without looking at academic grades.

The realistic answer, in my session majority of people complete 75% (through the grumbling) , answered correctly closer to 50%. Back to my suggestion, if you want to impress, finish all and get all correct. Nobody makes you do psychometric test for fun, I'm pretty sure this PT has deeper repercussions than we imagine such as potential and promotion.

Ambition 02-04-2019 08:31 AM

Final payslip for FY 2018 is out, any dxo can share for a normal C grade how many months is your annual package? 15month, 16 month?

Unregistered 02-04-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambition (Post 115943)
Final payslip for FY 2018 is out, any dxo can share for a normal C grade how many months is your annual package? 15month, 16 month?

salary 12
'13th month' 1
mid year 0.5
end year 1
C grade 1.3

15-16 months is right.

source: C grader