Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 31-10-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74212)
Am from one of the GO8 (UQ), was called up for psychometric test a month ago, application is still 'In Process'. So.....still got chance. (=

That's reassuring... I'm graduating this sem and might apply after my exams. Thanks a lot! :)

Unregistered 02-11-2015 03:30 PM

usually how long after they ask u submit docs for interview? for DXEA post. Thanks

Unregistered 04-11-2015 06:49 AM

Anyone whom took rhul, royal Holloway uni of london applied for the job?
Been trying....but no news.. so was wondering if it is because they don't accept rhul degrees..

Unregistered 06-11-2015 02:25 AM

Anyone who applied for the post of psychologist care to share your interview experience pls? It seems like the position is open every few months..

Unregistered 10-11-2015 04:18 PM

Post Unit Preview

Anyone here went for unit preview then later know they are getting another round of candidates?

Emo..thought I had a good chance and most likely a fast respond after the unit preview

Unregistered 10-11-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74911)
Anyone here went for unit preview then later know they are getting another round of candidates?

Emo..thought I had a good chance and most likely a fast respond after the unit preview

hi. can you elaborate more about your situation? i have a unit preview coming up too. i was wondering how you heard about it. and if possible. what type of position you applied for?

Unregistered 11-11-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74919)
hi. can you elaborate more about your situation? i have a unit preview coming up too. i was wondering how you heard about it. and if possible. what type of position you applied for?

Simple, called HR and was told of it. Haha. So what position did you apply for ?

Unregistered 11-11-2015 12:34 PM

Hi, may I know how important it is to finish Round 1 of the psychometric test, and on average how many questions do most people complete? The instructions said that the aim of the test shouldn't be to complete the entire thing, but I'm not sure if I have done enough.

Unregistered 11-11-2015 01:41 PM

Anyone when for the PT on 6 Nov 2015?

Unregistered 11-11-2015 04:24 PM

Sorry, for the typo... it should be 'went'

Unregistered 12-11-2015 11:51 AM

Interview

Anyone going for interview next week?

Unregistered 12-11-2015 01:38 PM

You went on the PT on the 6 Nov 2015 and got the interview call already?

supjudyyy 12-11-2015 01:50 PM

mindef dxo psychometric test

Hi are there anyone going for the DXO psychometric test tmr 13 nov at 830AM?

Unregistered 12-11-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75024)
You went on the PT on the 6 Nov 2015 and got the interview call already?

Yes! Fast respond!
What position did you apply for?

Unregistered 12-11-2015 01:54 PM

I applied for Logistics Exec and HR Exec, how about you?

Unregistered 12-11-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75029)
I applied for Logistics Exec and HR Exec, how about you?

Logistics and IT

Unregistered 12-11-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75037)
Logistics and IT

hi. did both of you get the interview for logistics? or the other position?

Unregistered 12-11-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75037)
Logistics and IT

Guess I am not selected for the logistics, hope get the HR one.

Unregistered 12-11-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75040)
hi. did both of you get the interview for logistics? or the other position?

Nope I no luck I guess or my PT sux...Did not receive any interview call up for either position till now.

Unregistered 12-11-2015 05:53 PM

mindef dxo pt

anyone going for the pt tmr 13 nov 830am?

Unregistered 16-11-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75050)
anyone going for the pt tmr 13 nov 830am?

you too went for the test on 13 Nov? how was it ?

Unregistered 17-11-2015 09:15 AM

Hi Guys, I know that this have been discuss many times but I would still like to ask for anyone recently that went for the test and how long did you waited for?

Unregistered 17-11-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75294)
Hi Guys, I know that this have been discuss many times but I would still like to ask for anyone recently that went for the test and how long did you waited for?

theres no definite answer to this question. if you are lucky and the panel interview is near your PT. then can be less than 2 weeks. for me personally it was about 3 weeks for the first time after PT.(i failed my first interview and applied immediately, got a another interview for another position in less than 1 week.)

just in case my PT isnt considered recent to you. i took it in early sept.

Unregistered 18-11-2015 08:13 PM

hi guys, this forum has been very informative. anyone can share what type of writing test is being conducted before the interview? has been shortlisted for logistic exec interview next week.

Unregistered 18-11-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75384)
hi guys, this forum has been very informative. anyone can share what type of writing test is being conducted before the interview? has been shortlisted for logistic exec interview next week.

can you share which camps is this position is based at? because different camps different test.

Unregistered 18-11-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75388)
can you share which camps is this position is based at? because different camps different test.

tengah air base. you went for the interview alr?

Unregistered 19-11-2015 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75392)
tengah air base. you went for the interview alr?

Hi. Did you just get shortlisted for this camp only? No other camps?

Anyway, the written test should be something generic. more of personal questions. Nothing to worry about.

Unregistered 19-11-2015 12:37 PM

Rejection Letter

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the contributions. Learn quite a bit...

I sat for my PT in early October. Till now, I haven't heard from them, except for the one time when HR requested for more supportive document 3 weeks after the PT.

Can I check if they still do send out rejection letter in recent months?

Thank you in advance :)

Unregistered 19-11-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75411)
Hi. Did you just get shortlisted for this camp only? No other camps?

Anyway, the written test should be something generic. more of personal questions. Nothing to worry about.

I was only informed bout this camp. U mean I can still choose other camp?
What's your question for the written test? U also got shortlisted for this? What questions were asked during your interview

Unregistered 19-11-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75444)
I was only informed bout this camp. U mean I can still choose other camp?
What's your question for the written test? U also got shortlisted for this? What questions were asked during your interview

i dont wish to divulge too much about myself. just using my personal exp.

all i can say is that just know yourself well. understand why you want to do this job. sell yourself during the interview. tell them why you will fit well in this position. in all, i think the interview is more of looking at your personality than your capabilities in general. no real way of preparing for such interviews. just be who you are. good luck.

Unregistered 19-11-2015 07:44 PM

When to apply?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74049)
WOW SO FAST! CONGRATS! (=

I went for PT on 22Sep15 and still no news. Have asked HR about it and it's still.....'In Process'. )= (Applied for Finance positions)

Hi, can i know if you have graduated? becos i was told to start applying in jan next year since i am graduating in june next year. so just wondering if I can start to apply now

Unregistered 20-11-2015 10:22 AM

Anyone when for HR Executive interview recently?

Unregistered 20-11-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75296)
theres no definite answer to this question. if you are lucky and the panel interview is near your PT. then can be less than 2 weeks. for me personally it was about 3 weeks for the first time after PT.(i failed my first interview and applied immediately, got a another interview for another position in less than 1 week.)

just in case my PT isnt considered recent to you. i took it in early sept.

Hi,

did you give them a call after 2 weeks of no action? I am wondering should I ?

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75511)
Hi,

did you give them a call after 2 weeks of no action? I am wondering should I ?

i didnt call them. for me i would give them 3-4 weeks after PT before doing so.

for interviews. i had the rejection email sent to me exactly 2 weeks after the interview. i would suggest to call them after 2 weeks if there is no news. but from my exp, i got the unit preview offer on the same day(someone called) after my interview. ( incase some is confused, i failed my first interview, got unit preview for the 2nd time i reapplied.)

Unregistered 20-11-2015 08:18 PM

Hi, i'm regular from the air force with security and medical clearance all clear in SAF. My 5 years contract with SAF is ending and soon to graduate with a degree @ unisim.

So I just wondering what are my chances of becoming a DXO after I leave the force and anyone here experienced such situation like me before?

Unregistered 23-11-2015 03:04 PM

anyone know what is the longest possible waiting time the clearance/management approval?

Unregistered 23-11-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75556)
Hi, i'm regular from the air force with security and medical clearance all clear in SAF. My 5 years contract with SAF is ending and soon to graduate with a degree @ unisim.

So I just wondering what are my chances of becoming a DXO after I leave the force and anyone here experienced such situation like me before?

better stay in saf. unisim is only recognize on paper, in real life all the good DXO position will go to the local uni grads unless u have a strong backer in mindef. u will either not get anything or get something in a no future "condemn" dept.

zcfaynh 24-11-2015 01:24 AM

Expected salary for Executive(Mapping)

Hi all, I'm final year NUS student graduating in May 2016. Currently a pretty stable 2nd upp class honors with some experience in GIS. Does anyone know how the job is really like and what should be the expected salary? I am a female so... No NS experience. Haha. Thanks!

Unregistered 24-11-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75521)
i didnt call them. for me i would give them 3-4 weeks after PT before doing so.

for interviews. i had the rejection email sent to me exactly 2 weeks after the interview. i would suggest to call them after 2 weeks if there is no news. but from my exp, i got the unit preview offer on the same day(someone called) after my interview. ( incase some is confused, i failed my first interview, got unit preview for the 2nd time i reapplied.)

Hi thanks,

Gave them a call just only, according to them it should be still processing.

Unregistered 25-11-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75505)
Anyone when for HR Executive interview recently?

I have also applied for the post but there no update from me. Maybe the others using the forum have?