Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 15-03-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241490)
I am a MX10 DD in another Ministry. My friends outside of Mindef ask me to apply for a Mindef AD position. I say why would I want to demote even if pay could be higher. They say Mindef AD = MX10 DD

Is it true?

no. mx10 can map to dx13/14, which is dd. ad mx11/11a is dx12 and sometimes dx13.

source: trust me bro.

Unregistered 15-03-2023 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242458)
Which camp are you based at? Possible to share what are the areas that are not ideal?

It's not the camps but the environment. You're lucky if your boss doesn't try to fk you over just because they think a uniform makes them better than you somehow. If you're that unlucky there's nothing you can do but suck thumb and wait for the min period before you can switch roles which means nothing as you'll still be dealing with the uniforms some way or the other. Unless you somehow managed to learn some super valuable skill that's useful for gaining employment in public you'll be stuck in the system till you retire, so try to master the art of sucking thumb.

Unregistered 16-03-2023 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242491)
It's not the camps but the environment. You're lucky if your boss doesn't try to fk you over just because they think a uniform makes them better than you somehow. If you're that unlucky there's nothing you can do but suck thumb and wait for the min period before you can switch roles which means nothing as you'll still be dealing with the uniforms some way or the other. Unless you somehow managed to learn some super valuable skill that's useful for gaining employment in public you'll be stuck in the system till you retire, so try to master the art of sucking thumb.

Not forgetting,the art of carrying balls and eggs...very important if you want to climb.

Unregistered 16-03-2023 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242510)
Not forgetting,the art of carrying balls and eggs...very important if you want to climb.

Depends wor, sometimes the boss just don't like you :( Carry also no use and can't do anything about it but pray they occasionally forget you don't exist so that won't tekan you.

Unregistered 16-03-2023 04:15 PM

Hi, I would like to check if anybody have done the polygraph test before. How was it like?

Unregistered 18-03-2023 06:03 PM

perf

what's the bonus quantum for dx9-11 this year?

Unregistered 21-03-2023 08:13 AM

DXO vs SID pay

Hello all,

Does anyone know the difference between DXO and SID pay? Thinking to apply to either

Unregistered 21-03-2023 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242979)
what's the bonus quantum for dx9-11 this year?

Zero. Economy bad.

Unregistered 21-03-2023 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242605)
Hi, I would like to check if anybody have done the polygraph test before. How was it like?

Polygraphic ..

Unregistered 21-03-2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capjwo (Post 241607)
No lah haha interview was on Friday. Was the fastest interview process I ever had.

Either u impressed or they desperate to plug gaps.

Unregistered 21-03-2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243317)
Either u impressed or they desperate to plug gaps.

Lmao they always desperate to hire. Takes damn long and a lot of people find other opportunities along the way. Easy to leave, difficult to enter (due to the waiting time)

Unregistered 21-03-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242510)

Truer words have never been spoken. Carrying balls and eggs while showing presence will get u far even if u are good for nothing chap.

Unregistered 28-03-2023 01:13 AM

2023 DXO Application Timeline

Hi guys, I have benefitted from this forum as this thread entertained me a lot when I first applied to be a DXO. So I thought I should share a little of my application timeline process (updated as at 2023) to give back to other promising peeps who are keen to join the DXO family when they see this!

Disclaimer:
- Can’t say more but I’m not a fresh grad
- To each their own, this application experience is solely mine and might not mean that it’ll happen for everyone.

Mid-end Dec’23: Apply for role in Impress.ai
Mid-end Jan’23: (1 month) Future supervisor contacted to ask for an interview
End-Jan’23: Head down to interview on site at Gombak hq, office tour
Start-Feb’23: Verbal confirmation + first contact with HR to submit medical declaration and supporting documents on impress.ai
2nd Week of Feb’23: G50 Security Clearance form created and to fill in details
Mid Feb’23: 1 week after, asked to go for Security Vetting 1 week later
Mid-End Feb’23: Security vetting session
End Mar’23: HR got back with salary comp, schedule for signing

Security Vetting takes at least 2 weeks to be cleared, (mine took 18 days), but HR only contacted after another 2 weeks or so.

So total waiting time after Security Vetting session: 4-5 weeks

Based on my experience, it takes about 1-2 weeks for HR to revert to your email. They are super nice and friendly about it so I believe it’s not intentional, the delay is probably due to lots of communication across departments to get definite approvals everywhere.

I got lucky with a nice supervisor who would keep me updated with my application (hence i knew when my security clearance gets cleared), but ultimately it still lies on the HR to get back to you.

I was in lots of anxiety waiting too, but I did notice that the role I applied got taken down around the time I submitted my G50 form in mid-Feb. So I had more faith that things will go well.

All the best everyone! I can say that I have not regretted waiting and am excited for my future!

Unregistered 28-03-2023 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244020)
Hi guys, I have benefitted from this forum as this thread entertained me a lot when I first applied to be a DXO. So I thought I should share a little of my application timeline process (updated as at 2023) to give back to other promising peeps who are keen to join the DXO family when they see this!

Disclaimer:
- To each their own, this application experience is solely mine and might not mean that it’ll happen for everyone.

Start-Feb’23: Verbal confirmation + first contact with HR to submit medical declaration and supporting documents on impress.ai

Security Vetting takes at least 2 weeks to be cleared, (mine took 18 days), but HR only contacted after another 2 weeks or so.

Based on my experience, it takes about 1-2 weeks for HR to revert to your email. They are super nice and friendly about it so I believe it’s not intentional, the delay is probably due to lots of communication across departments to get definite approvals everywhere.

I got lucky with a nice supervisor who would keep me updated with my application (hence i knew when my security clearance gets cleared), but ultimately it still lies on the HR to get back to you.

I was in lots of anxiety waiting too, but I did notice that the role I applied got taken down around the time I submitted my G50 form in mid-Feb. So I had more faith that things will go well.

All the best everyone! I can say that I have not regretted waiting and am excited for my future!

Hi! Mind sharing if your clearance is at Cat 1 or 2A level?

Unregistered 28-03-2023 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244021)
Hi! Mind sharing if your clearance is at Cat 1 or 2A level?

Mine was Cat 1! No polygraph test

Unregistered 28-03-2023 12:14 PM

Are most DXO jobs located at Mindef HQ?

Unregistered 28-03-2023 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244020)

Disclaimer:

Hi really appreciate the detailed timeline you have shared :) i just submitted my G50 clearance! Do you mind sharing what does the security vetting session entails? Do i have to take leave and go down for a face to face session?

Unregistered 28-03-2023 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244052)
Hi really appreciate the detailed timeline you have shared :) i just submitted my G50 clearance! Do you mind sharing what does the security vetting session entails? Do i have to take leave and go down for a face to face session?

Happy that it helps! Not sure if I can say much about it, but the session entails you filling up (handwritten) many pages of paper (takes around 1-2 hours), followed by a 1-to-1 interview to go through what you wrote. All done within 3 hours or so.

If you're working currently, definitely should take half day leave to go for it! Mine was in the morning so I took half day as well.

Note that mine was under CAT 1, so I don't have to do the polygraph test

Unregistered 30-03-2023 06:00 PM

Hello, I had an interview in early Feb, however there wasn't any email regarding the status of the application. It has been more than 1 month. Does this mean I am rejected?

Unregistered 31-03-2023 10:01 AM

Anyone knows the rough salary of fresh grad for Senior Manager?

Unregistered 01-04-2023 10:29 PM

how's this year bonus for everyone? :)

Unregistered 01-04-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244415)

fresh grad will be given asst mgr to start - salary ranging from 3.5 - 4.5 (pass to FCH) during my time.

Unregistered 02-04-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Fresh grad and gunning for senior manager? how possible.... lol

Unregistered 02-04-2023 01:51 PM

Quote:

u sure or not?

Unregistered 02-04-2023 02:07 PM

whatever that fellow smoking... i want 3 boxes of it.

fresh grad wanting senior manager. HAHAHAH.. these days people ahhhh..

Unregistered 02-04-2023 05:45 PM

Just joined DXO as an AD, salary 8.5kpm. 11 YOE

Unregistered 02-04-2023 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244790)
whatever that fellow smoking... i want 3 boxes of it.

fresh grad wanting senior manager. HAHAHAH.. these days people ahhhh..

maybe that person type too much as he vaped

Unregistered 03-04-2023 01:31 PM

previously had a probation record, can clear g50 or not?

they shortlisted me but idk whether to proceed

Unregistered 03-04-2023 08:30 PM

Previously silent reader

Hi all, I've previously been a silent reader.

I'll share my experience, mid career change, 15 YOE as Dip before going stat board as SUSS PT grad.
3 YOE there and now starting in July as DXO9S.

Had applied a few different roles which is similar to my training/experience, there was one that they emailed me that it was no longer available and asked if I wished to try another role which my experience matches.
Tried that but at the end they said not available again.

Asked some friends, said that it is common that they either internally rotate/promote DXO to fill roles, or convert uniform to DXO and the positions are no longer available.
Different from rejected.

My current role, I applied around May 2022 in Impress.AI. I was contacted to go for interview in Jan 2023, totally forgot about this application.
Went for interview in Feb, contacted for more documents to send via Impress.AI.
Emailed to fill up Gform and separately medical form (I think since non-front line role, no need physical checkup).

Another separate POC contacted to go for security vetting. Took like 2hrs since I had a lot to fill up. Asked everything that can be asked, I feel. But main thing is to be honest and just reveal any past history. Unless you got charged in court, I think should be ok.

About late March get to sign contract. So minus the outlier of applying in May 2022, the process from asked to interview, to signing of contract took me 3 months +

Why I start in July is due to my 3 months notice period.
Hope what I've shared helps others as well.

I've got 2 questions of my own, for those who are able to share.
One, how does one progress from DX9S to 9P?
Two, for security level, is 1 the highest or lowest? I was with another chap who got 1A.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244832)
Just joined DXO as an AD, salary 8.5kpm. 11 YOE

May I ask which number dx Is this?

Unregistered 04-04-2023 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245028)
Hi all, I've previously been a silent reader.

I'll share my experience, mid career change, 15 YOE as Dip before going stat board as SUSS PT grad.
3 YOE there and now starting in July as DXO9S.

Had applied a few different roles which is similar to my training/experience, there was one that they emailed me that it was no longer available and asked if I wished to try another role which my experience matches.
Tried that but at the end they said not available again.

Asked some friends, said that it is common that they either internally rotate/promote DXO to fill roles, or convert uniform to DXO and the positions are no longer available.
Different from rejected.

My current role, I applied around May 2022 in Impress.AI. I was contacted to go for interview in Jan 2023, totally forgot about this application.
Went for interview in Feb, contacted for more documents to send via Impress.AI.
Emailed to fill up Gform and separately medical form (I think since non-front line role, no need physical checkup).

Another separate POC contacted to go for security vetting. Took like 2hrs since I had a lot to fill up. Asked everything that can be asked, I feel. But main thing is to be honest and just reveal any past history. Unless you got charged in court, I think should be ok.

About late March get to sign contract. So minus the outlier of applying in May 2022, the process from asked to interview, to signing of contract took me 3 months +

Why I start in July is due to my 3 months notice period.
Hope what I've shared helps others as well.

I've got 2 questions of my own, for those who are able to share.
One, how does one progress from DX9S to 9P?
Two, for security level, is 1 the highest or lowest? I was with another chap who got 1A.

Thanks for sharing - are you comfortable to share the first digit or salary range offered?

Unregistered 04-04-2023 05:07 PM

Finally got a verbal offer after waiting for exactly 5 months. Gonna go down next week to sign offer and start work. Applied late Oct last year.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245115)
Finally got a verbal offer after waiting for exactly 5 months. Gonna go down next week to sign offer and start work. Applied late Oct last year.

can share when did your G50 clearance started ?

Unregistered 05-04-2023 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245115)

Hi All, this thread has been helpful and a companion to me for the past 4-5 months. Giving back by sharing my timeline.

Almost identical timeline as OP,
Applied on website in Nov 22
Interview with manager on Dec 22
HR reached out in Jan 23 and asked for documents (G50 and stuff)
Waited for HR to come back with salary info on Feb 23
March 23 - hr came back with final offer and approval
April 23 - going to sign contract next week and start job.

I would say the waiting time for g50 and medical clearance is around 2-3 weeks (and this is not too long and cannot be chased).

The longest (probably caused by slow process from HR) waiting time is the offer package and approval around 3 weeks. Maybe hr has tons of work to do and put mine in the least priority.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245199)
can share when did your G50 clearance started ?

my role does not use G50 but something else. But based on my friend's application, G50 processing takes about 2-3 weeks

Unregistered 05-04-2023 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245230)
Hi All, this thread has been helpful and a companion to me for the past 4-5 months. Giving back by sharing my timeline.

Almost identical timeline as OP,
Applied on website in Nov 22
Interview with manager on Dec 22
HR reached out in Jan 23 and asked for documents (G50 and stuff)
Waited for HR to come back with salary info on Feb 23
March 23 - hr came back with final offer and approval
April 23 - going to sign contract next week and start job.

I would say the waiting time for g50 and medical clearance is around 2-3 weeks (and this is not too long and cannot be chased).

The longest (probably caused by slow process from HR) waiting time is the offer package and approval around 3 weeks. Maybe hr has tons of work to do and put mine in the least priority.

Cheers! We're gonna start around the same time :)

Unregistered 05-04-2023 08:27 PM

applied for position in MSD today

Unregistered 05-04-2023 08:35 PM

SAF Sign On Processing Time

Hi all,

Pai seh not exactly MINDEF DXO, but does anyone know what's the normal or average time taken for a person to complete the whole sign on process pls? Application, medicals, other administrative stuff, etc. till contract signing. I'm slowly inching towards 5 months and have only seen 1 insight on Glassdoor saying that it took 6 months, so not sure if that's the norm. Applying for Enhanced Officers Scheme.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245277)
Cheers! We're gonna start around the same time :)

Yay! Which camp you posted to?

Unregistered 06-04-2023 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245324)
Hi all,

Pai seh not exactly MINDEF DXO, but does anyone know what's the normal or average time taken for a person to complete the whole sign on process pls? Application, medicals, other administrative stuff, etc. till contract signing. I'm slowly inching towards 5 months and have only seen 1 insight on Glassdoor saying that it took 6 months, so not sure if that's the norm. Applying for Enhanced Officers Scheme.

Very fast. Once clear Interview FFI security clearance you’ll report to a holding camp and wait for OCS intake. I took around 1 month