Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 17-01-2023 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238779)
wah if it's via referee check, something pour sand into your bowl to screw it up or what knots which is like quite chek ark leh

assume u have truthfully declare the stuff in the application
gone to the latter stages of the hiring process only to be tio reject, either referee blow whistle for offside or the hiring budget/paper at MOE side tio freeze or what knots

i personally come across hiring side ask for my cert / transcript and stuff
haven't even reach / smell any interview chances

they jitao reject my app after i submit the documents

i was like in my mind: then in the 1st place why ask for my document/transcript/birth cert etc?

That's why. Not sure if it really is because of the sheer volume of applications or they really need to relook at refining their hiring process. Oh well...

Unregistered 17-01-2023 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238861)
That's why. Not sure if it really is because of the sheer volume of applications or they really need to relook at refining their hiring process. Oh well...

if its merely sheer app volume, then they ought to decline the candidate at the early stage rather than having to put one thrgh HR checks, referee checks or even the pre-employment health screening then reject at a latter stage

or the hiring division has a sudden change of heart whh is not what we applicants can 2nd guess other than hiring freeze, budget cut or what knots

Unregistered 22-01-2023 10:21 AM

Day 1 of CNY

Unregistered 22-01-2023 08:05 PM

Why u all want join admin, salary so² only.. I was once an OM work 1 year only then siam go place woth wayyyy better salary.. When i tell admin manager my salary she also dont believe, say so loww.. She was like "huhhh??, really..." they follow MX grading btw for admin..

Unregistered 23-01-2023 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239111)
Why u all want join admin, salary so² only.. I was once an OM work 1 year only then siam go place woth wayyyy better salary.. When i tell admin manager my salary she also dont believe, say so loww.. She was like "huhhh??, really..." they follow MX grading btw for admin..

seriously?
holy cow

Unregistered 25-01-2023 02:05 PM

1/2 day gone

Unregistered 27-01-2023 08:26 AM

Can anyone advise what the medical checkup check? Received the offer and signed off however was told that I will need to undergo a medical to ensure I am fit. As I have tendered my resignation in my current company, not exactly the healthiest person in the world (i’m a chubby person). Have always passed my pass pre-employment medical however that was over three years ago. Do they take BP or cholesterol into account?

Unregistered 27-01-2023 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239322)
Can anyone advise what the medical checkup check? Received the offer and signed off however was told that I will need to undergo a medical to ensure I am fit. As I have tendered my resignation in my current company, not exactly the healthiest person in the world (i’m a chubby person). Have always passed my pass pre-employment medical however that was over three years ago. Do they take BP or cholesterol into account?

no cock-up in your medical checks?

i don't know if the hiring agency can rescind your signed deal if they discover any anomaly during the pre-employment check?

Unregistered 27-01-2023 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239348)
no cock-up in your medical checks?

i don't know if the hiring agency can rescind your signed deal if they discover any anomaly during the pre-employment check?

They explicitly say if not fit to work they can terminate the LOA, still waiting for the medical checkup date. This is literally putting people in a tight spot as medical checkup should have come before the signing of the appointment letter.

Unregistered 27-01-2023 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239350)
They explicitly say if not fit to work they can terminate the LOA, still waiting for the medical checkup date. This is literally putting people in a tight spot as medical checkup should have come before the signing of the appointment letter.

if its this kind of situation
i would rather wait for all-clear 1st then resign
instead of resign 1st

this kind of u-turn is just too scary

Unregistered 28-01-2023 11:09 AM

reaching mid-day on a Saturday

whatever1992 06-02-2023 10:40 PM

Hi anyone recently went for counsellor untrained position interview in Jan/Feb? Did you go for the 2nd interview and receive a call/email to go for medical check up?

Unregistered 07-02-2023 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever1992 (Post 239917)
Hi anyone recently went for counsellor untrained position interview in Jan/Feb? Did you go for the 2nd interview and receive a call/email to go for medical check up?

sounds like MOE or MSF?

whatever1992 07-02-2023 10:34 AM

It’s with the MOE.

Unregistered 07-02-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever1992 (Post 239937)
It’s with the MOE.

oic

if u r already reaching the tail end of the hiring process ie more or less on board liao then not as bad?

whatever1992 07-02-2023 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239940)
oic

if u r already reaching the tail end of the hiring process ie more or less on board liao then not as bad?

Maybe. Just wanted to know if someone went for interview during the same time. Wanted to know if anyone already got a call for medical review.

Unregistered 12-04-2023 11:16 AM

SEN officer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238766)
Haha.. Yes, kena blindsided perhaps. Some friends told me it could be from the ref check but then again, my current workplace do support the growth of employees even if it is elsewhere. I guess when one door closes, another might open. Just need to open my eyes big big to find that door. Lol.

Oh no, do they actually contact your current employer to do a reference check without letting you know in advance? I would imagine this to be quite a surprise if we have not mentioned anything to our company (when the offer isn't even confirmed yet)

Unregistered 16-04-2023 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246036)
Oh no, do they actually contact your current employer to do a reference check without letting you know in advance? I would imagine this to be quite a surprise if we have not mentioned anything to our company (when the offer isn't even confirmed yet)

don't think they r obliged to tell u they gonna do the reference check with your ex coy?

Unregistered 11-08-2023 08:13 PM

Sen officer

Hi, will they ask you first before they call your company for reference check? Also, anyone went for interview july 2023? Any offer yet? I just went for medical check up today. My current company doesnt know that i am applying new job. Would want to let them know only if they inform that they will do reference check. If not dont want to let them know, if not paiseh to stay in the company leh.

Unregistered 15-08-2023 10:49 AM

Sen officer

How long between your interview and the call for medical check up? I just went yesterday but the vibe I had wasn't great. Want to see if I should just continue applying for other jobs.

Unregistered 15-08-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254008)
How long between your interview and the call for medical check up? I just went yesterday but the vibe I had wasn't great. Want to see if I should just continue applying for other jobs.

apply while waiting for the outcome more better

Unregistered 17-08-2023 04:10 PM

can anyone share the average monthly salary for a (non-teaching) Lead Manager with MOE?

Unregistered 19-08-2023 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254008)

Quite long. About 3 weeks.

Unregistered 19-08-2023 01:41 PM

applied for the CSO position recently

Unregistered 20-08-2023 01:37 PM

Has anyone went for AED positions in interview somewhere in April gotten any follow up yet? I emailed the HR a few times but have yet to receive a response

Unregistered 23-08-2023 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254278)
Quite long. About 3 weeks.

that's so long >.<

Unregistered 23-08-2023 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254339)
Has anyone went for AED positions in interview somewhere in April gotten any follow up yet? I emailed the HR a few times but have yet to receive a response

Thats long.. have you been to any medical checks? i dont know if i should call them and check .. at least a rejection will give a closure

Unregistered 18-09-2023 02:02 AM

Admin manager

Hi anyone applied for admin manager post? closing date on 8 Sep. Anyone got contacted?

Unregistered 12-10-2023 07:38 PM

Adjunct roles

Has anyone applied for adjunct roles in MOE schools before? Just seen them advertise again for these 1 year contract roles. What are the working hrs/salary like and will the contract be renewed or converted to perm after a year. Pls advise, thank you.

Unregistered 24-10-2023 02:23 AM

School Counsellor (Untrained)

Anybody got their results from the School Counsellor (Untrained) interview?

Timeline:
Application submitted: 22 Aug 2023
Email for Interview: 15 Sep 2023
Interview Date: 28 Sep 2023

Now I am just waiting, as was advised it takes 4-6 weeks.

Unregistered 27-11-2023 10:03 AM

school counsellor (untrained)

went for interview on 11 Oct 2023 and still waiting for the outcome after so called waiting tine is 4-6 weeks...

Its a real mental torture and suppy vs demand playing game

Unregistered 27-11-2023 10:10 AM

school counsellor (untrained)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258770)

Timeline:

Just curious, did u manage to get a reply?

Unregistered 27-11-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258770)

Timeline:

u haven't gotten any notification (acceptance/rejection) since gg for interview in end Sept?
seems like a few SBs also having a long delay or what knots lor

Rem3mber 13-12-2023 08:54 AM

Hello all, how come no one mention about the invitation to video & written assessment via email from X0PA AI or this is very new process that they just launched?

I got a call after my application and told to do this and will hear back from them anytime after that till Jan 2024 for the next step.

Wonder how difficult it is for this X0PA thingy.

Unregistered 13-12-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rem3mber (Post 262955)
Hello all, how come no one mention about the invitation to video & written assessment via email from X0PA AI or this is very new process that they just launched?

I got a call after my application and told to do this and will hear back from them anytime after that till Jan 2024 for the next step.

nope
not new process actually

Unregistered 13-12-2023 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rem3mber (Post 262955)

recall that such test format was used by PSD

Unregistered 17-12-2023 11:06 AM

seems like difficult to get the interview chance for MOE non-teaching position

Unregistered 18-12-2023 03:56 PM

this whole week maciam Xmas + ang mo new year mood

+ corona

whole public service all pang kang liao

Unregistered 19-12-2023 09:51 AM

everyone on holiday mood
no one in office answer email ah?

Unregistered 09-01-2024 12:28 AM

Administration Manager

Hi, does anyone know how much can an Admin Manager earn with 5YOE? Thanks.