Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 06-10-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232111)
yes, I am wishing for the interview email

Yes, I still waiting for the interview email

Unregistered 10-10-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230321)
Still waiting! Hahha. Since July.

hi did u receive any updates yet?? :)

Unregistered 19-10-2022 01:37 PM

special educational needs officer position

hi! did anyone here apply for the SEN position during June's intake and gotten a response? thank you!

Unregistered 22-10-2022 03:38 AM

Still waiting

Hey ya! I applied in June. Interview was in August, medical in September, still waiting for results… the wait is excruciating, but the opportunity cost is probably making it worse :( had to forgo several offers because I really want the SEN role!

Fingers crossed and wishing you luck too!!!

Unregistered 26-10-2022 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233132)
Hey ya! I applied in June. Interview was in August, medical in September, still waiting for results… the wait is excruciating, but the opportunity cost is probably making it worse :( had to forgo several offers because I really want the SEN role!

Any updates, myself went for interview on 6 Oct which seems quite successful based on the duration I spend with the interviewers (over an hr). recently received an email on 17 oct to fill up details on job History, CPF, NS status & form 2. Still no word on the medical check up but I guess it’s less than 2 weeks since the last email correspondence. The wait is such a pain

Unregistered 26-10-2022 09:55 PM

SEN outcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233132)

Hi! Thank you for responding to my previous post :) Same here I applied in June! Also, just wanted to update that they have gotten back to me with an offer yesterday :) Hope that you will get good news soon as well!

Unregistered 28-10-2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233467)
Hi! Thank you for responding to my previous post :) Same here I applied in June! Also, just wanted to update that they have gotten back to me with an offer yesterday :) Hope that you will get good news soon as well!

Hi! I applied in June too… may I know when you went for your interview and medical check up please? Did you receive the offer through email? Careers@Gov still shows “In progress” for my application:(

Unregistered 28-10-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233467)

u apply in june and MOE offer only came in October?
that is pretty long period in between

Unregistered 29-10-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233632)
Hi! I applied in June too… may I know when you went for your interview and medical check up please? Did you receive the offer through email? Careers@Gov still shows “In progress” for my application:(

Hi there! I went for my interview on 2nd Aug, and medical check up on 13th Sept. So I would say from the interview to the offer overall it took about 3 months?

I got the offer through email. Also, I did contact them in between to just check on my application progress so you may try that as well! All the best to you :)

(btw I just checked Careers@Gov and it is still reflected as 'In progress' for mine too)

Unregistered 01-11-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233447)
Any updates, myself went for interview on 6 Oct which seems quite successful based on the duration I spend with the interviewers (over an hr). recently received an email on 17 oct to fill up details on job History, CPF, NS status & form 2. Still no word on the medical check up but I guess it’s less than 2 weeks since the last email correspondence. The wait is such a pain

Hey sorry I missed this! Still no news. But the email regarding the medical check up only came after a month! Did you apply for the SEN officer role too?

Unregistered 01-11-2022 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233921)
Hey sorry I missed this! Still no news. But the email regarding the medical check up only came after a month! Did you apply for the SEN officer role too?

No my role is more to the maintenance of the building

Unregistered 07-11-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196418)
I thought they would hire anyone they could get for this role since the pay sucks. Tough luck.

Wonder where you got the idea that the pay sucks?
In my opinion, pay is definitely better than private counselling.
There is also job progression for those who understands the system well enough and wishes to pursue further.
Work life balance depends on how you uphold your boundaries with school staff.
Private counselling pay, i believe, depends on the type of clientele you get.

So far, despite the heavy workload, the job itself is meaningful and I would think appropriately compensated given that we are also on school holiday scheme.

Unregistered 10-11-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

just an update till date still waiting for the medical checkup prompt. Have dropped them a follow up email which they replied that they are still processing my application and will keep me updated on the outcome. The wait is so excruciating.

Unregistered 14-11-2022 12:54 AM

Counsellor trained applicant

Hi i went for the trained counsellor interview on the 8th of nov 2022. When i arrived, there was only 1 fellow applicant who came as well, so it wasnt a mass interview. Interview lasted 30mins. Anyone else attended on the 8th of nov 2022 interview session? Hope the interview went well for you.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 01:28 PM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232943)
hi! did anyone here apply for the SEN position during June's intake and gotten a response? thank you!

Hi, I just received an email asking for reference check with my RO for my current company. They say they are considering to offer me with this pay for 2 years. But by no means, it’s the letter of appt yet. I guess they would be calling to check in with the reporting officer before they would offer the letter of appointment. Have you gotten any updates?

Unregistered 17-11-2022 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235033)
Hi, I just received an email asking for reference check with my RO for my current company. They say they are considering to offer me with this pay for 2 years. But by no means, it’s the letter of appt yet. I guess they would be calling to check in with the reporting officer before they would offer the letter of appointment. Have you gotten any updates?

Any idea if the salary quoted is negotiable?

Unregistered 19-11-2022 07:26 AM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235040)
Any idea if the salary quoted is negotiable?

I’m not very sure. But I feel the salary quoted is quite okay for me.

Unregistered 22-11-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Just an update sadly since 17 Oct and follow up email sent on 6/11 which I received a response “application is in process and we will keep you updated on the outcome” since than no other response received not even a checkup guess my application likely not the first or second choice😞

Unregistered 24-11-2022 08:27 AM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235426)
Just an update sadly since 17 Oct and follow up email sent on 6/11 which I received a response “application is in process and we will keep you updated on the outcome” since than no other response received not even a checkup guess my application likely not the first or second choice😞

Hi, based on the experience with them, they can take quite a while to process everything. I went for interview in July, only recently then I gotten anywhere close to the final step of them offering me the job! Keep your fingers crossed. It may not be for this round of hiring, but they may keep it for the next cycle. Hope you receive good news!

Unregistered 25-11-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235597)
Hi, based on the experience with them, they can take quite a while to process everything. I went for interview in July, only recently then I gotten anywhere close to the final step of them offering me the job! Keep your fingers crossed. It may not be for this round of hiring, but they may keep it for the next cycle. Hope you receive good news!

When did you go for your medical checkup?

Unregistered 25-11-2022 03:45 PM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235597)

Yes, just to add on that they really do take a while to process everything! Applied in June, interview in August, medical in Sept, and only just received offer - took 5 months in total!

When do you start work? :)

Unregistered 25-11-2022 09:15 PM

Trained counsellor

Hi anyone went for the trained counsellor interview recently? Any news so far?

Unregistered 27-11-2022 01:35 PM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235733)
Yes, just to add on that they really do take a while to process everything! Applied in June, interview in August, medical in Sept, and only just received offer - took 5 months in total!

When do you start work? :)

I haven’t gotten the official offer from there yet. Have to go through their reference check first, can I check roughly from the reference check process to the offer process, how long did they take? So you got your school posting already? And when do you start work too?

Unregistered 28-11-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235885)
I haven’t gotten the official offer from there yet. Have to go through their reference check first, can I check roughly from the reference check process to the offer process, how long did they take? So you got your school posting already? And when do you start work too?

The offer came a day or two after my referees responded. No posting yet, starting only next year!

Unregistered 29-11-2022 07:27 AM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235953)
The offer came a day or two after my referees responded. No posting yet, starting only next year!

I see. You start in January?

Unregistered 01-12-2022 11:28 PM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235033)

Hi! Yup I got my offer last month. Hope that you will get good news soon! All the best ;)

Unregistered 10-12-2022 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231654)
Hi, anyone applied for this position in July and already cleared medical, and gotten a response back from HR again with the job offer?

Just an update, while pending medical clearance they did a reference check. Didn't hear from them for several weeks and sent an email to follow up with HR. Within next 2 wks, received the offer via email. Contract signing was done in Nov. Overall, entire hiring process from submission of application took about 4 months+ (& about 3 months from interview)

Unregistered 15-12-2022 06:11 PM

Hi can any one advise had my interview in early October have not heard back from them for medical checkup. However recently my references received an email for performance check means got chance?

Unregistered 16-12-2022 07:56 PM

can anyone advise me? Do they accept Master of business administration from Imperial college holders? Does it make a difference if I got mine from coursera?

HulioRavina 27-12-2022 01:34 AM

I once waited for a job response for *6* months in total! That's crazy, IMO. But I don't make the same mistakes anymore.

Unregistered 28-12-2022 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulioRavina (Post 237736)
I once waited for a job response for *6* months in total! That's crazy, IMO. But I don't make the same mistakes anymore.

what mistakes actually?

or is it a case of the hiring agency sitting on the application and didn't process?

Unregistered 29-12-2022 09:24 AM

how come MOE non-teaching position so hard to get even an interview opportunity?

Unregistered 08-01-2023 10:43 PM

Anyone can share some insights about the salary for administration manager in MOE Schools? TIA.

Unregistered 09-01-2023 12:45 AM

^ adding on to this post. Does anyone have any experience negotiating salary with MOE?

Unregistered 09-01-2023 10:04 AM

how come MOE non-teaching position so hard to get even an interview opportunity?

they big-small eye ah?

Unregistered 14-01-2023 02:25 AM

SEN Role

I got rejected. After interview, replying to annexes, a medical appt and a request to do a reference check with my current employer, I waited another three weeks before emailing HR to check in on my status. HR responded that they will get back to me in a week. However, few days later, i received an email to say I was unsuccessful. 6 months in total from the day I applied. Funny thing was, in one of their emails, I was also given an estimated salary and the proposed salary package. Thought it was only a matter of time before an official offer came but unfortunately it was mere wishful thinking on my part. For those who are still in the game, all the best!

Unregistered 14-01-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238697)
I got rejected. After interview, replying to annexes, a medical appt and a request to do a reference check with my current employer, I waited another three weeks before emailing HR to check in on my status. HR responded that they will get back to me in a week. However, few days later, i received an email to say I was unsuccessful. 6 months in total from the day I applied. Funny thing was, in one of their emails, I was also given an estimated salary and the proposed salary package. Thought it was only a matter of time before an official offer came but unfortunately it was mere wishful thinking on my part. For those who are still in the game, all the best!

wah that is zam brake u-turn until the car flipped kind of outcome

either somewhere tio blindsided ie reference check, the hiring team/dept/division press the stop button etc...

Unregistered 15-01-2023 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238715)
wah that is zam brake u-turn until the car flipped kind of outcome

either somewhere tio blindsided ie reference check, the hiring team/dept/division press the stop button etc...

Haha.. Yes, kena blindsided perhaps. Some friends told me it could be from the ref check but then again, my current workplace do support the growth of employees even if it is elsewhere. I guess when one door closes, another might open. Just need to open my eyes big big to find that door. Lol.

Unregistered 15-01-2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238403)
^ adding on to this post. Does anyone have any experience negotiating salary with MOE?

Regarding this, I think slim chance. They would have looked at all your experiences, qualifications and last drawn to determine your offer. So at the start, showhand whatever you have to HR. Cos at the end when I tried to, HR said it is fixed.

Unregistered 15-01-2023 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238766)
Haha.. Yes, kena blindsided perhaps. Some friends told me it could be from the ref check but then again, my current workplace do support the growth of employees even if it is elsewhere. I guess when one door closes, another might open. Just need to open my eyes big big to find that door. Lol.

wah if it's via referee check, something pour sand into your bowl to screw it up or what knots which is like quite chek ark leh

assume u have truthfully declare the stuff in the application
gone to the latter stages of the hiring process only to be tio reject, either referee blow whistle for offside or the hiring budget/paper at MOE side tio freeze or what knots

i personally come across hiring side ask for my cert / transcript and stuff
haven't even reach / smell any interview chances

they jitao reject my app after i submit the documents

i was like in my mind: then in the 1st place why ask for my document/transcript/birth cert etc?