Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

lmaohaha 20-07-2012 09:44 AM

actually the am post they prefer ppl wif exp although it was not stated so on the jd. fresh grads might have a much slimmer chance to get it. kind of ''wasted my time'' going down there for interview only to realise this...

Unregistered 23-07-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26783)
MOE HQ has more red tape than any other Ministries... School environment is more family like but depend on Principal and VP...

U from MOE HQ or sch?

Unregistered 19-11-2012 01:16 PM

Anyone received calls from moe for admin manager interview?

Unregistered 19-11-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30606)
Anyone received calls from moe for admin manager interview?

dont go moe as admin, want to go, join as teacher, moe admin no future but stable.. teacher u can go geo 2, geo 1, SEO2, SEO 1, SH, D HOD, HOD, VP, P.

if u principle, your pay is 18,000 per month like that. shiok bo?

wern 19-11-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30608)
dont go moe as admin, want to go, join as teacher, moe admin no future but stable.. teacher u can go geo 2, geo 1, SEO2, SEO 1, SH, D HOD, HOD, VP, P.

if u principle, your pay is 18,000 per month like that. shiok bo?

True but I feel that corporate offices (i.e outside) have higher chances of promotion. In ministries if you stay around long enough.. you might reach Assistant/Deputy Director level (roughly equivalent to somewhere between HOD and VP).

In schools the promotions are so few.. There are only so much SH and HOD posts to go around.

Unregistered 19-11-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 30621)
True but I feel that corporate offices (i.e outside) have higher chances of promotion. In ministries if you stay around long enough.. you might reach Assistant/Deputy Director level (roughly equivalent to somewhere between HOD and VP).

In schools the promotions are so few.. There are only so much SH and HOD posts to go around.

assistant director should be 6000 per month? I know HOD can read 6, 7,000.. VP straight shoot 10,000.

wern 19-11-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30628)
assistant director should be 6000 per month? I know HOD can read 6, 7,000.. VP straight shoot 10,000.

Asst. Director would be in the region of 5000 - low 7000s. Dy Director will be low 8000s -9000, nearly 10k. My point is that its easier to become a Dy Director in department as compared to being one of the <5 HODs in a school. Do the maths yourself and you can guess your prospects from there.

Unregistered 19-11-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 30653)
Asst. Director would be in the region of 5000 - low 7000s. Dy Director will be low 8000s -9000, nearly 10k. My point is that its easier to become a Dy Director in department as compared to being one of the <5 HODs in a school. Do the maths yourself and you can guess your prospects from there.

go calculate the amount of hod vs the amount of Dy director in MOE

wern 20-11-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30655)
go calculate the amount of hod vs the amount of Dy director in MOE

There are Dy Directors in all government agencies and departments not just MOE. Even a tiny department like the Department of Family Planning or Juvenile Issues/affairs in MCYS has a 1 Asst and 1 Dy Director. And we haven't counted the Stat Boards yet mind you.

centuris 04-12-2012 02:24 PM

i received call from MOE for admin manager interview ... :)

Unregistered 04-12-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centuris (Post 31229)
i received call from MOE for admin manager interview ... :)

Hmmm I thought I read your post somewhere before that you have quite some work experience, why consider this kind level of job?

Unregistered 26-03-2013 11:07 AM

administration manager
 
anyone been to interview for Admin manager recently? how long did they take to offer you the letter of appointment?

Unregistered 26-03-2013 11:12 AM

Heard that there was a recruitment excercise in March recently..anyone attended and was successful?

Alice 13-06-2013 07:47 PM

Hi,

I'm just wondering how much is the typical salary of an admin manager in MOE? Also, what is the typical career track

Unregistered 03-04-2014 06:29 PM

Anyone can provide insight about the job of education policy analyst in moe hq?

Unregistered 11-06-2014 09:45 AM

Hi may I know if anyone has applied for the position of education policy analyst? I wish to find out who else has gone for the interview and how long have they waited.

Unregistered 11-06-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52253)
Hi may I know if anyone has applied for the position of education policy analyst? I wish to find out who else has gone for the interview and how long have they waited.

Hello, I went for the interview some time in March/April. If you made it pass the first interview, the respective department you indicated interest in during the first interview would call you up for a second interview. Some time in May they let me know I was selected- starting work in July.

Unregistered 11-06-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52269)
Hello, I went for the interview some time in March/April. If you made it pass the first interview, the respective department you indicated interest in during the first interview would call you up for a second interview. Some time in May they let me know I was selected- starting work in July.

Hi. Woah. Congrats for you. May I know which division you are going? And they inform you the results one month after you submitted your G50?

I went for the first interview in apr. I have been interview by 3 divisions and I'm still waiting for the outcome :(

Unregistered 12-06-2014 01:55 PM

Thanks, oh they informed me about two weeks after I submitted G50. Hmm, the HQ lady did say that if they call you up to submit G50, they are probably really interested in you. Maybe they are taking longer for your case because 3 divisions are involved. Don't hesitate in calling them up to check on your status though, I think they are quite helpful esp. since you made it this far already.

Unregistered 12-06-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52294)
Thanks, oh they informed me about two weeks after I submitted G50. Hmm, the HQ lady did say that if they call you up to submit G50, they are probably really interested in you. Maybe they are taking longer for your case because 3 divisions are involved. Don't hesitate in calling them up to check on your status though, I think they are quite helpful esp. since you made it this far already.

Thanks. I have submitted my G50 3 weeks after my interview with the first division. I been waiting for quite a while, that's why I'm kinda worried. The HQ lady told me they need my official results before they can make the decision and the directors have not made up their mind.

May I ask if you are a fresh graduate? And what's the salary they are offering?

Unregistered 14-06-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52269)
Hello, I went for the interview some time in March/April. If you made it pass the first interview, the respective department you indicated interest in during the first interview would call you up for a second interview. Some time in May they let me know I was selected- starting work in July.

May I know what qn did they ask you during the interview with the department and how do you answer them? I'm going for the interview and hope to prepare myself for it.

Unregistered 14-06-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52358)
May I know what qn did they ask you during the interview with the department and how do you answer them? I'm going for the interview and hope to prepare myself for it.

I think the questions asked would depend on the specific department that is interviewing you, so try to do more research about them where possible. Meanwhile, I think it won't hurt to look at blogs or forums discussing educational issues, and check out the news section on MOE's webpage.. Of course, think of how to sell your strengths to tailor to the needs of the specific department, be aware of the recent policy trajectories of the ministry and be sure of why you want to join and how you may contribute.

monsterinc 03-09-2014 08:50 PM

MOE really unfair

Unregistered 04-09-2014 09:55 PM

anyone applying the Management Executive Officer position? I have one year experience in one year full time experience in a local polytechnic. Holding a foreign degree. Will it be easy for me to get shortlisted for an interview at least? How much expected salary should i put also? will 3k be too much? It is my first degree position job...

Unregistered 04-09-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55954)
anyone applying the Management Executive Officer position? I have one year experience in one year full time experience in a local polytechnic. Holding a foreign degree. Will it be easy for me to get shortlisted for an interview at least? How much expected salary should i put also? will 3k be too much? It is my first degree position job...

Is your foreign degree recognised? What is your present job at poly? They'll surely ask why you want to leave! Biggest hardest question to answer well...

Unregistered 06-09-2014 05:56 PM

How long do they usually take to call you for the first interview after you have submitted the application?

There is a clause saying that they will call within 2 months of application if the candidate has been shortlisted, otherwise the applicant could consider his application as not successful. Do they adhere strictly to the "call for interview within 2 months" guideline ?

I submitted the application online in mid June and it is already early September.
Still no news.

Qualification-wise, I shouldn't have any problem though.

Unregistered 07-09-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55959)
Is your foreign degree recognised? What is your present job at poly? They'll surely ask why you want to leave! Biggest hardest question to answer well...

Ya mine is a foreign recognised degree. I got into the present job in the poly via diploma route. I only got my degree now. My obvious reason to leave want to increase my pay from diploma to degree level i supposed? that the real motivation. haha

How much expected salary should i opt for?

And before this current local polytechnic job, i was working with SIM University (Contract base) during my time as a student also. In a nutshell, all education field kind of jobs.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 11:36 AM

Small chance
 
It is widely understood that Minsitries hire mostly or only local grads. Or at least those with extensive experience having a pte deg.

Your chances of being called up remains very low, honest.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56079)
It is widely understood that Minsitries hire mostly or only local grads. Or at least those with extensive experience having a pte deg.

Your chances of being called up remains very low, honest.

Just apply and take my chances. No harm trying :)

Unregistered 10-09-2014 04:28 PM

Has anyone applied for the editor/writer position?

Haven't heard back from them since my application...

Unregistered 16-09-2014 11:47 AM

No reply
 
Hi,

I did apply for the Editor/Writer position. Attended an interview 4 weeks ago, but have yet to hear from them regarding the results. I have emailed the HR personnel, hoping to get updates, but there have been no replies. There is no number to call either. Quite frustrating... Not sure if I should stop waiting. Any advice?

Unregistered 16-09-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56430)
Hi,

I did apply for the Editor/Writer position. Attended an interview 4 weeks ago, but have yet to hear from them regarding the results. I have emailed the HR personnel, hoping to get updates, but there have been no replies. There is no number to call either. Quite frustrating... Not sure if I should stop waiting. Any advice?

Did they ask you to fill any G50 form? If not, most likely no chance le.

Unregistered 16-09-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56462)
Did they ask you to fill any G50 form? If not, most likely no chance le.

nope...i think i ****ed up the writing test. sian.

Unregistered 17-11-2014 09:51 AM

Just applied for the admin manager role. Have 4 years plus of working experience since graduating from local uni..

Actually I'm not too sure about the prospects also so it's one of the things I'm looking to ask about IF they decide to call me for an interview..

Unregistered 17-11-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58891)
Just applied for the admin manager role. Have 4 years plus of working experience since graduating from local uni..

Actually I'm not too sure about the prospects also so it's one of the things I'm looking to ask about IF they decide to call me for an interview..

This is MOE we are talking about here. Not sure what kind of prospects you are looking at especially admin manager of schools.

Please wake up. This is 2014, coming to 2015.

Thank you

Unregistered 17-11-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58895)
This is MOE we are talking about here. Not sure what kind of prospects you are looking at especially admin manager of schools.

Please wake up. This is 2014, coming to 2015.

Thank you

Thank you for your feedback.

When I talk about prospects, of course I am aware that I cannot be expecting to get some big director position in the super scale grade.. But I'm sure there must be some career path for this group, maybe to other departments or eventually even taking up the role of a VP Admin in schools.. Such info would be beneficial at least for someone who is considering the job..

Unregistered 18-11-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58891)
Just applied for the admin manager role. Have 4 years plus of working experience since graduating from local uni..

Actually I'm not too sure about the prospects also so it's one of the things I'm looking to ask about IF they decide to call me for an interview..

is the admin manager post a degree level post? seems like it'd be more a of a diploma level estab.

Unregistered 24-11-2014 09:41 AM

Its a degree level position. Candidates are on MX scheme.

However think carefully because:
1) Career prospects are not good: you will be one of many AMs - hard to stand out
2) Once you're in it, its hard to switch to other jobs without suffering a painful paycut.

On the other hand its a secure and stable job.

Good luck!

Unregistered 12 10-12-2014 08:35 AM

i've went for an interview for recruitment department last thu ...

may i know at what point of time will MOE ask e candidate to fill in the G50 form? during interview?

Unregistered 10-12-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56470)
nope...i think i ****ed up the writing test. sian.

No surprises there, going by your writing here!


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2