Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 25-01-2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199393)
LOL imagine joining B4 for "prestige". This one must be either never do his research , never attended a single careers fair in his 4 years in uni, or rely entirely on his parents auntie and uncles' advice that B4 is a prestigious company for a grad to join. Advice that is around 2 decades outdated. Lolll

B4 is a sweatshop or white collar slavery.What is so prestigious about that?

I remember someone posted on reddit SG got big 4 auditor committed suicide. I was thinking cannot quit meh or just do the bare minimum to pwn the farking partner. Work so hard and kill yourself and the partner will replace you with jhk from tongkat ali uni immediately

Unregistered 25-01-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199403)
B4 is a sweatshop or white collar slavery.What is so prestigious about that?

I remember someone posted on reddit SG got big 4 auditor committed suicide. I was thinking cannot quit meh or just do the bare minimum to pwn the farking partner. Work so hard and kill yourself and the partner will replace you with jhk from tongkat ali uni immediately

Rly ah got ppl so stupiak??
Pls lah kill urself only mama baba cry
Partner take out 15 dollar out of his million compensation buy the cheapest flower banquet for ur funeral then still blame u for not finishing the working paper before u kill urself

Unregistered 25-01-2022 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199369)
What is an SM jobscope exactly?
isit possible for them to slack under the radar?

my sm seems so free

Not possible. Other than the partners, the rest are just slaves to them.

The managers need to hold multiple ports and the bosses expect you to know the jobs inside out. Something that the assocs/seniors fail to understand.

There are still plenty of admin like doing proposals, creating charge codes, billings and trainings etc to do.

Once you reach that level you will know. There is a reason why most left and got replaced by malaysians.

Big 4 has become a low ses job.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199358)
No need to quit lah. Best way to pwn partners is to do bare minimum, don’t meet the deadlines, piss off and make them lose all the big clients while collecting money. They won’t sack you during peak period because they are already understaffed

You are creating your own brand/reputation and working on your own career path. If this job is not suitable for you, just quit and find another one. The industry is small and you will be surprised many knew each other. I even had former clients asking me feedback on my ex colleagues when they went for job interviews- and i have already left the big 4 firm a while back.

Your toxicity and negative energy will not only affect you but also your family and friends.

And to answer your point, there are people that are asked to leave immediately. Just that you are not aware. Turnovers are too high for you to find out. People wont go around telling people they are forced to leave.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 07:42 AM

Asked to leave but still hire jhk with tonkat ali degree? Sure bo? Or this gen of sinkie accounting grad cmi? Even jhk also can lose to

Unregistered 25-01-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199426)
Asked to leave but still hire jhk with tonkat ali degree? Sure bo? Or this gen of sinkie accounting grad cmi? Even jhk also can lose to

Jhk private u somemore lol. Do some research for the HR in b4.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199428)

at the rank and file level, partners just need people to do the work, they dont need anyone to be extraordinary.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199428)

Sorry to hurt your butt high and mighty local grad

Pls tell your fellow juniors to quit their degree and go tk private degree instead

Mai kum gong pls why get yourself into study debt hehe

Unregistered 25-01-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199431)
at the rank and file level, partners just need people to do the work, they dont need anyone to be extraordinary.

They just need grunts decked in G2000 asking their clients' employees stupid questions all day.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199443)
They just need grunts decked in G2000 asking their clients' employees stupid questions all day.

there will always be “findings” from audit so grunts are needed to continue the business