Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 15-12-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193759)
worst work culture among big 4 for sure

If you have never been to other big 4s how do you know it has the worst work culture? We are building a better working world you know....

Unregistered 15-12-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193784)
If you have never been to other big 4s how do you know it has the worst work culture? We are building a better working world you know....

Not only in terms of work culture, their timesheet and claims were slow and troublesome as hell. I’m surprised that other big 4s have much more efficient and better interfaces. All I know is that building a better working world at the expense of staff being on double or tripled booking hehe.

Another note, more neighbouring associates are eager to join yellow btw

Unregistered 15-12-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193808)
Not only in terms of work culture, their timesheet and claims were slow and troublesome as hell. I’m surprised that other big 4s have much more efficient and better interfaces. All I know is that building a better working world at the expense of staff being on double or tripled booking hehe.

Another note, more neighbouring associates are eager to join yellow btw

Stop guys, the yellow HR gonna come and whip you guys again.

Unregistered 15-12-2021 01:14 PM

Jjww so much, u all beri heng le!

got experience PCCW before or not?

Unregistered 15-12-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193820)
Jjww so much, u all beri heng le!

got experience PCCW before or not?

Go back to EDMW la

Unregistered 15-12-2021 02:14 PM

Should i quit

At critical year level for promotion , mass resignation is taking at toll on me. Peak has het comenced but am burning out. Keep getting parachuted in to jobs fight fire. Given that the houses i entered are always already on fire, bosses are often pissed off and hard to satisfy. Mutiple unreasonable volume requiring concurrent attentions and getting blamed for resignee's ****.

People around me tell me to push on for the promotion but am having serious doubts..

#didntstartthefire #lookingforseriousadvice

Unregistered 15-12-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193833)
At critical year level for promotion , mass resignation is taking at toll on me. Peak has het comenced but am burning out. Keep getting parachuted in to jobs fight fire. Given that the houses i entered are always already on fire, bosses are often pissed off and hard to satisfy. Mutiple unreasonable volume requiring concurrent attentions and getting blamed for resignee's ****.

People around me tell me to push on for the promotion but am having serious doubts..

Which colour first?

Unregistered 15-12-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193833)

Welcome to audit.

What rank are you? Critical year for promotion means AM waiting to go to manager? What are your working hours now?

If AM, I assume you have a better idea of what you want for your career path, and you can't really shrink from responsibilities even if quadruple-decked. If you are associate or senior associate, below are some advice.

1. Actively engaged the partner, SM, manager to scope out the work, to help with it, and etc and etc. The audit quality will suffer. If they are pretending, let them know. Then it is up to them to determine their comfort and what to do when ISCA audit.

2. Threatened to quit to get one engagement off you. Chances are you are already double booked and have to work till past midnight (1-3am) daily. Avoiding triple decking or more does not create more hours for yourself, but helps to take off some mental stress.

3. If the bosses are angry and you did not make silly mistakes (have been responsible and accountable for jobs), scold them back. We are pretty much expendable. But at the same time, manpower is always a precious commodity in audit so we don't have to tolerate bosses' nonsense.

4. Look for jobs. If you think this is not the life you want, why persevere.

Unregistered 15-12-2021 03:20 PM

Unregistered 15-12-2021 07:43 PM

Satki imperial college grad join big 4

s://.linkedin.com/in/joshua-rizal-chan?originalSubdomain=sg