Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 12-01-2022 06:40 PM

Usually when people quit audit where would they go? Only towards the start of peak season and I’m feeling very burnt out alr. Want to quit but can only think of going commercial. But the thoughts of being in commercial doing mundane work make me sian also.

Unregistered 12-01-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197325)
Usually when people quit audit where would they go? Only towards the start of peak season and I’m feeling very burnt out alr. Want to quit but can only think of going commercial. But the thoughts of being in commercial doing mundane work make me sian also.

Usually we join the sanitation sector since we quite good at kio sai.

Go think about what you want to do, and check efinancials / linkedin / co website and others. Go interview quite shiok one.

Unregistered 12-01-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197309)
How much effort put is considered bare minimum?

Last time the senior zao liao I kena throw into the engagement to kio sai. Knn worked so hard ended up gan by mgr and partner said I didn’t put in extra effort and not competent enough. Mind you, I wasn’t even senior level yet that time.

Actually partners usually won't interact with associates especially those small engagements.Your partner must be eat too full nothing to do. Tell your partner complain so much then he ownself do lah.

Unregistered 12-01-2022 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197275)
Anyone knows definitely how much junior assurance partner makes?

Makes me so angry that hard work is put in by minions and these partners take away most of the profits. This is the 2020s , shouldnt the company re-evaluate this partner track and operate like other firms. Look at hospitals and some law firms, they dont have " partners" nowadays, bonus is shared and earned.

They just have directors

Why will anyone want to change the system in which they succeeded and excelled in?

Unregistered 12-01-2022 09:18 PM

anyone can share what does forensic risk consulting in big 4 do? need help deciding between this and middle office role at an investment bank

Unregistered 12-01-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197350)
anyone can share what does forensic risk consulting in big 4 do? need help deciding between this and middle office role at an investment bank

Why you never asked the interviewer

Unregistered 12-01-2022 09:45 PM

Any tips on doing bare minimum without getting fired?

Unregistered 12-01-2022 10:23 PM

don't think you can get fired from big4 if you not management

at most don't get promoted

Unregistered 12-01-2022 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197355)

Associate still can siam. Senior cannot liao. Manager will always approach you for status update. cannot be 1 month also stuck on the same workpaper

Unregistered 12-01-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197355)

Like army... dont be the worst dont be the best.