Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-01-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200451)
Whats the big4 pay for each ranks now?

Interested to know as well. Any more increment from last year? 3.2 to 3.5 starting is still very sad. Taxi driver can earn more.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 04:13 PM

should raise by 1k to hire higher calibre workers and improve audit quality and work efficiency.

sooner or later the tunkul abdul rahman graduates and filipinos will get the big 4s into HUGE trouble!

Unregistered 30-01-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200456)
should raise by 1k to hire higher calibre workers and improve audit quality and work efficiency.

sooner or later the tunkul abdul rahman graduates and filipinos will get the big 4s into HUGE trouble!

Won't happen. Number 1 audit is low margin work, can't keep raising costs otherwise reduce profitability. Number 2, suck it up cos lots of low costs JHK and pinoy waiting in line to replace you
Number 3, audit is low level grunt work. What kind of quality you need? You're not doing cancer research or writing code for algorithmic trading.

Tldr - suck it up that you cmi to high finance or other top industries.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200464)
Won't happen. Number 1 audit is low margin work, can't keep raising costs otherwise reduce profitability. Number 2, suck it up cos lots of low costs JHK and pinoy waiting in line to replace you
Number 3, audit is low level grunt work. What kind of quality you need? You're not doing cancer research or writing code for algorithmic trading.

I see that u are in high finance. Please hire me. What is yr email, I'll send u my CV

Unregistered 30-01-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200467)
I see that u are in high finance. Please hire me. What is yr email, I'll send u my CV

Big 4 wanna go in also hard. Why go in be second class citizen. Go in tick yes, no, not applicable. Heck, now people dont even know how to xref. Lead schedules missing and no work done in work papers also no ppl care. Fk audit quality, go in clock ur time and leave in peace.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200464)

Ageee. Audit is a race to the bottom. Number 2 is funny, because they are getting the same as the locals. Number 3, true, ppl who dont even understand double entry can do the job. Lol. Its funny how some ppl who dont understand frs can delivery the "quality". Ppl are just free riding in this low end job and complaint for how much they contribute.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 01:22 AM

Working in tax

Truly shocked when I ask a second year audit associate what the team did a certain adjustment and her ans is im not so sure (turns out it’s her senior’s typo)

Should pay 7k for this kind of genius

Unregistered 31-01-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200551)
Working in tax

Truly shocked when I ask a second year audit associate what the team did a certain adjustment and her ans is im not so sure (turns out it’s her senior’s typo)

Should pay 7k for this kind of genius

Don't get too high, big 4 tax is not much better.

If Big 4 wants to pay $3.2k as starting, of course this is the quality you would expect. People who excelled in their studies would not be there

Unregistered 31-01-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200566)
Don't get too high, big 4 tax is not much better.

If Big 4 wants to pay $3.2k as starting, of course this is the quality you would expect. People who excelled in their studies would not be there

I saw some dont know the difference between YA and FY. Wow ECI also not sure what is that. Dont know how the auditors review the tax provision.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200567)
I saw some dont know the difference between YA and FY. Wow ECI also not sure what is that. Dont know how the auditors review the tax provision.

Obviously this guy is not a big 3 uni graduate and had very bad grades.

Hope he causes big trouble so that the partners and HR can rethink their hiring strategy.