Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 12-01-2022 01:52 PM

Anyone knows definitely how much junior assurance partner makes?

Makes me so angry that hard work is put in by minions and these partners take away most of the profits. This is the 2020s , shouldnt the company re-evaluate this partner track and operate like other firms. Look at hospitals and some law firms, they dont have " partners" nowadays, bonus is shared and earned.

They just have directors

Unregistered 12-01-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197275)

Makes me so angry that hard work is put in by minions and these partners take away most of the profits. This is the 2020s , shouldnt the company re-evaluate this partner track and operate like other firms. Look at hospitals and some law firms, they dont have " partners" nowadays, bonus is shared and earned.

They just have directors

Meaningless job just to make partner rich. That is why I do the bare minimum and managed to last until senior. I have not OT in office before thanks to Covid

Unregistered 12-01-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

They just have directors

About 350k. Really good money if u manage to make partner early. Takes around 14-16 years on average.

Quote:

They just have directors

You think partner or SM willing to change the system?

Partner will think last time i also suffered and kena pwned so now is my turn to pwn the minions and kope all the profits. Partner will just come up with "building a better working world" or "Our purpose" BS to make you feel like you are contributing to society.

SMs who intend to be partners will definitely not change the system since they get to benefit from it. Just throw all the work to senior and associates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197298)
Meaningless job just to make partner rich. That is why I do the bare minimum and managed to last until senior. I have not OT in office before thanks to Covid

People, learn there is something called official HR work hrs. U are not obliged to OT. Refuse it

Unregistered 12-01-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197302)
People, learn there is something called official HR work hrs. U are not obliged to OT. Refuse it

I work maximum 10 hours. Sometimes I OT because I start work at 10am while WFH

Unregistered 12-01-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197300)
About 350k. Really good money if u manage to make partner early. Takes around 14-16 years on average.

Yea partners start around there with buy in. Goes up around 40-50k/annum for the next 5 years I think. It's all about whether u can survive the grind

Unregistered 12-01-2022 05:25 PM

How much effort put is considered bare minimum?

Last time the senior zao liao I kena throw into the engagement to kio sai. Knn worked so hard ended up gan by mgr and partner said I didn’t put in extra effort and not competent enough. Mind you, I wasn’t even senior level yet that time.

Unregistered 12-01-2022 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197309)

Last time the senior zao liao I kena throw into the engagement to kio sai. Knn worked so hard ended up gan by mgr and partner said I didn’t put in extra effort and not competent enough. Mind you, I wasn’t even senior level yet that time.

this is a common stuff. another would be winning a project with a bid for 3 staff on it. but in actual fact is just one guy doing three guys work

Unregistered 12-01-2022 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197309)

So did you get average rating or below average? If average rating, it is still not too bad.

The sad truth is that it doesn't matter if you are senior or associate, or you are solo tanking a three man job, or you are running a fever. If sai is not kio, it is always the fault of whoever is doing the job.