Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196661)
You associate need to stay in office alot? Go and kope from client's pantry la...

Beautiful office still not enough for you?

Even max never complain you complain for what???

EY SM here

Those ungrateful associates are really strawberries. Small thing also complain

Just grind for a few years can earn 10k salary. Not good meh?

I have worked with Max before. He is one of the most generous and charismatic partner I have ever met. The reason for double or triple booking is to allow associates and seniors to have more learning opportunities and they should be grateful for that.

We also provide many opportunities for A1 and A2 to perform senior tasks. They should thank us instead of whining like a strawberry. Other firm A1 want to do FS , consol and solo one engagement also no chance to do.

Unregistered 06-01-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196674)
EY SM here

I have worked with Max before. He is one of the most generous and charismatic partner I have ever met. The reason for double or triple booking is to allow associates and seniors to have more learning opportunities and they should be grateful for that.

We also provide many opportunities for A1 and A2 to perform senior tasks. They should thank us instead of whining like a strawberry. Other firm A1 want to do FS , consol and solo one engagement also no chance to do.

joker, dont even sound like SM

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:12 AM

Quote:

EY SM here

Generous as in..... giving more workload???

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:33 AM

Quote:

EY SM here

Dont sound like a SM at all. And if you are, the level of delusion is unreal. Totally lost touch with reality LOL.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:42 AM

EY Sm is satirical. But what is said is actually quite common regardless of EY or not.

Suffer earlier has some benefit though. See enough **** early, then won't feel so helpless when it happens in senior or later years since **** will be quite common given high turnover rate

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

EY SM here

Not from EY, but you sound EXACTLY like my ex-manager who said that "stretch opportunities" (given challenging, demanding, stressful workload beyond my current level of ability) is a form of reward and I should be thankful for it.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196681)
EY Sm is satirical. But what is said is actually quite common regardless of EY or not.

Suffer earlier has some benefit though. See enough **** early, then won't feel so helpless when it happens in senior or later years since **** will be quite common given high turnover rate

Yea you are right. Quite amusing tbh. I thought this is the case for everywhere, every job? Why is everyone complaining here then? Really hate the environment so much but still wanna stay?

一个愿打一个愿挨 what to do leh LOL

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:56 AM

Quote:

EY SM here

I respect that we have a difference in views, and I also admire how you may have gone through this in the past where you also survived and blossom under that system. To you, looking at us, you might be thinking "Gosh.. kids these days..."

But your thinking - forgive me - is really boomer.

It reeks of the old mindset from my parents generation that insist we should 'suffer' first in early years.

Sorry, this just doesn't sell anymore. We are in 2022, you can call us strawberries, but we really do prefer work-life balance instead.

Thanks and peace out.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196678)
Generous as in..... giving more workload???

To a workaholic, more work can be seen as a form of reward. "stretch opportunities" unlock your potential.

It's normal to them... but we cannot relate (nor would I want to!)

You can google it though, its legit that stretch assignments as a concept exists and can be a form of employee value proposition.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196687)
To a workaholic, more work can be seen as a form of reward. "stretch opportunities" unlock your potential.

It's normal to them... but we cannot relate (nor would I want to!)

You can google it though, its legit that stretch assignments as a concept exists and can be a form of employee value proposition.

The situations in Big4 are not exactly stretch assignments. It is more of cost control and your luck. If all the resignations happen in your engagements, then have fun.

Not ideal. But thinking positively about an bad situation, at least we become more resilient after such "stretch opportunities". I can't remember the last time I feel stressed about work after leaving Big4.