Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 14-03-2024 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270675)
Who are you? What are all these short form? You say like we know what you talking about

Are you in the audit industry?

ISCA
MRA
RMA
ACCA
SCAQ
IBS

If you don't know all these, what are you been doing all these years? lol

Unregistered 14-03-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270617)
I think ISCA will eventually sign MRA with ACCA

Yes. If ISCA sign MRA instead of RMA with ACCA, then you have to take the SCAQ IBS 4.5 hours exam

Ok what better than 5 papers

Sad.

I really hope ISCA signed RMA with ACCA instead of signing MRA.

If sign MRA means ACCA members need to take 4.4 hours Capstone paper

What I understand is HKICPA also signed MRA with ACCA.

Hongkong ACCA members who want to join HKICPA via ACCA membership need to take the Capstone 4 hours paper in order to join HKICPA.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270677)
Sad.

I really hope ISCA signed RMA with ACCA instead of signing MRA.

If sign MRA means ACCA members need to take 4.4 hours Capstone paper

What I understand is HKICPA also signed MRA with ACCA.

Hongkong ACCA members who want to join HKICPA via ACCA membership need to take the Capstone 4 hours paper in order to join HKICPA.

Waste time waste money leh the capstone module. Wont use at work 1 la. When want to use also forget liao lol. 2pid accountancy already cmi still managed by all these oldies who loves exam and they themself nv take. What a joke.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270691)
Waste time waste money leh the capstone module. Wont use at work 1 la. When want to use also forget liao lol. 2pid accountancy already cmi still managed by all these oldies who loves exam and they themself nv take. What a joke.

What is this Capstone module?

I noticed in university also got this Capstone module. Like got a software playing with the pricing of products.

HKICPA Qualification Program also this Final Exam Capstone module and the exam duration is 4 hours.

ACCA also this Capstone module called Strategic Business Leader SBL also 4 hours paper (last time is P1 and P3. Now combined call SBL)

Seem like really must do Capstone then get CPA or clear Final module

Hearsay is not a technical module but a combination of 4 technical module (audit, tax, financial reporting, governance)

Unregistered 14-03-2024 04:01 PM

s://.reddit.com/r/askSingapore/comments/1bdpiik/how_exactly_bad_is_big_4_audit_full_time/

Why are kids these days still so optimistic? Do they really believe firms will pay more when partners are just outsourcing to Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 04:25 PM

Quote:

But I see alot of university also got Capstone module what.

These Capstone module were come up by oldies?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 05:46 PM

Quote:

If not wrong, these audit partners in their 50s and 60s and 70s never really taken this Capstone exam themselves before in 1980s to 1990s.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270708)
If not wrong, these audit partners in their 50s and 60s and 70s never really taken this Capstone exam themselves before in 1980s to 1990s.

SQP came out 2013…

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:44 PM

Quote:

You want ISCA CA or not?

Don't want nvm lah

But if u want ISCA CA then no choice LLST do this capstone lor

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270708)

normally people with >10 years of experience can get CA without needing exams. some fellow path, not sure about ISCA because idgaf about that stupid thing. sorry for the younger gen though