Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-02-2024 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268994)
hi, I need some advice. I’m currently working in it audit, but feel like dying. My friend in gov is offering me a recommendation to apply for a gov position. should I take my chances with the gov job or stay in it audit?

how to give advice when we dont know what are your considerations? is it money, is it wlb, progression? if your only consideration is the fact that you are dying, then ya take the gov job if nothing else matters.

Unregistered 22-02-2024 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269019)
how to give advice when we dont know what are your considerations? is it money, is it wlb, progression? if your only consideration is the fact that you are dying, then ya take the gov job if nothing else matters.

aiya it is obvious to take gov job la...
big4 is the second lowest tier.
the lowest is those like baker tilly, BDO(H), PKF

Unregistered 22-02-2024 09:38 AM

aiya this audit industry all very humji one

Scare people take over your rice bowl

Scare work done not satisfactory not enoug

Scare of signing audit report

Scare this Scare that

How to even trust your audit report?

Then auditor signed off the audit report, 2 or 3 months later the list company collapse and go into liquidation....

What the heck lor

Unregistered 22-02-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269029)
aiya this audit industry all very humji one

Scare people take over your rice bowl

Scare work done not satisfactory not enoug

Scare of signing audit report

Scare this Scare that

How to even trust your audit report?

Then auditor signed off the audit report, 2 or 3 months later the list company collapse and go into liquidation....

What the heck lor

Audit smlj, just copy and paste no brainer job. Dunno how to do spend some money ask external expert give u answer and write some shyt to submit homework.

Unregistered 22-02-2024 11:49 AM

I know y’all clowns and jokers are just trying to purposely discourage young, apsiring individuals to join audit. I’m not gonna be fooled by you all. I am currently waiting for the hr to get back to me on the golden offer. Can’t wait to grind on my way to partner track!

Unregistered 22-02-2024 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268961)
Really?

Please read more about the background of the CFOs for the listed co in the annual report

Majority are not from audit i believe.

Dont think the latest SMRT CFO are from audit.
Same goes to ST CFO, and the many more,

Only a handful of those audit SM/M who helped the co to go IPO, usually then will jump over as FC/CFO.

If you are capable and have luck, you will progress equally/faster than for those in audit.

Majority are. You don't go quote a few GLC. You don't say GLC in Singapore hire mainly ex army and ex PAP members as C suite then go tell everyone CEO are mainly military background?!?

Lol

Unregistered 22-02-2024 12:44 PM

my senior asked me do one thing, manager say wrong.
wow
waste my time.

Unregistered 22-02-2024 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269038)
my senior asked me do one thing, manager say wrong.
wow
waste my time.

you assume its your own fault

Unregistered 22-02-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269035)
I know y’all clowns and jokers are just trying to purposely discourage young, apsiring individuals to join audit. I’m not gonna be fooled by you all. I am currently waiting for the hr to get back to me on the golden offer. Can’t wait to grind on my way to partner track!

300 samples waiting for you haha

Unregistered 22-02-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269045)
300 samples waiting for you haha

No worries, that one I’ll taichi to interns to do. As an aspiring upcoming first year associate, I’ll be pestering my senior to ask me to do high level stuff like ECL assessment and stuff