Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 24-01-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199365)
Can really feel the difference from those jiuhu kia and private uni. Regret joining b4, got scammed by the "prestige"

No offence but
1) using phone 1/3 to 1/2 the time during work and complain that you need to OT...
2) strangers from other departments taichi work to you, dk how to say no or ask them to go thru the proper channels
3) lazy to type theb rest

A lot better than mid tiers already. Any idea how much the seniors are getting lol. Mid tiers also.

Unregistered 24-01-2022 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199369)
What is an SM jobscope exactly?
isit possible for them to slack under the radar?

my sm seems so free

Source client

Unregistered 24-01-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199371)
Source client

Source from where sia? Need cold call who?

Unregistered 24-01-2022 10:19 PM

Its strange how b4 have manpower shortage yet salary remains the same. Is supply and demand a foreign concept?? Give 5k starting and cfm no shortage of talented ppl

Unregistered 24-01-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199222)
Many homegrown managers left and replaced by msian managers. Somehow this is heading towards yellow direction, quite sad

So true mate, blue used to be full of local grads. So many left and replaced by msian, my remaining batch mates are less than 10. It’s regrettable we are following yellow footstep

Unregistered 24-01-2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199380)
Its strange how b4 have manpower shortage yet salary remains the same. Is supply and demand a foreign concept?? Give 5k starting and cfm no shortage of talented ppl

Haha, you really don’t get it, do you?

Unregistered 24-01-2022 11:09 PM

Wow according to mycareersfuture, blue SM with 10 yoe getting 12k base. Does this mean with ISCA will get 14.4k base at 10yoe?

Unregistered 24-01-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199390)
Wow according to mycareersfuture, blue SM with 10 yoe getting 12k base. Does this mean with ISCA will get 14.4k base at 10yoe?

No
10 characters

Unregistered 24-01-2022 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199365)
Can really feel the difference from those jiuhu kia and private uni. Regret joining b4, got scammed by the "prestige"

No offence but
1) using phone 1/3 to 1/2 the time during work and complain that you need to OT...
2) strangers from other departments taichi work to you, dk how to say no or ask them to go thru the proper channels
3) lazy to type theb rest

LOL imagine joining B4 for "prestige". This one must be either never do his research , never attended a single careers fair in his 4 years in uni, or rely entirely on his parents auntie and uncles' advice that B4 is a prestigious company for a grad to join. Advice that is around 2 decades outdated. Lolll

Unregistered 24-01-2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199392)
No
10 characters

Why not though. The other 3 paying around 11 for 10 yoe.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199393)
LOL imagine joining B4 for "prestige". This one must be either never do his research , never attended a single careers fair in his 4 years in uni, or rely entirely on his parents auntie and uncles' advice that B4 is a prestigious company for a grad to join. Advice that is around 2 decades outdated. Lolll

B4 is a sweatshop or white collar slavery.What is so prestigious about that?

I remember someone posted on reddit SG got big 4 auditor committed suicide. I was thinking cannot quit meh or just do the bare minimum to pwn the farking partner. Work so hard and kill yourself and the partner will replace you with jhk from tongkat ali uni immediately

Unregistered 25-01-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199403)
B4 is a sweatshop or white collar slavery.What is so prestigious about that?

I remember someone posted on reddit SG got big 4 auditor committed suicide. I was thinking cannot quit meh or just do the bare minimum to pwn the farking partner. Work so hard and kill yourself and the partner will replace you with jhk from tongkat ali uni immediately

Rly ah got ppl so stupiak??
Pls lah kill urself only mama baba cry
Partner take out 15 dollar out of his million compensation buy the cheapest flower banquet for ur funeral then still blame u for not finishing the working paper before u kill urself

Unregistered 25-01-2022 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199369)
What is an SM jobscope exactly?
isit possible for them to slack under the radar?

my sm seems so free

Not possible. Other than the partners, the rest are just slaves to them.

The managers need to hold multiple ports and the bosses expect you to know the jobs inside out. Something that the assocs/seniors fail to understand.

There are still plenty of admin like doing proposals, creating charge codes, billings and trainings etc to do.

Once you reach that level you will know. There is a reason why most left and got replaced by malaysians.

Big 4 has become a low ses job.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199358)
No need to quit lah. Best way to pwn partners is to do bare minimum, don’t meet the deadlines, piss off and make them lose all the big clients while collecting money. They won’t sack you during peak period because they are already understaffed

You are creating your own brand/reputation and working on your own career path. If this job is not suitable for you, just quit and find another one. The industry is small and you will be surprised many knew each other. I even had former clients asking me feedback on my ex colleagues when they went for job interviews- and i have already left the big 4 firm a while back.

Your toxicity and negative energy will not only affect you but also your family and friends.

And to answer your point, there are people that are asked to leave immediately. Just that you are not aware. Turnovers are too high for you to find out. People wont go around telling people they are forced to leave.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 07:42 AM

Asked to leave but still hire jhk with tonkat ali degree? Sure bo? Or this gen of sinkie accounting grad cmi? Even jhk also can lose to

Unregistered 25-01-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199426)
Asked to leave but still hire jhk with tonkat ali degree? Sure bo? Or this gen of sinkie accounting grad cmi? Even jhk also can lose to

Jhk private u somemore lol. Do some research for the HR in b4.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199428)

at the rank and file level, partners just need people to do the work, they dont need anyone to be extraordinary.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199428)

Sorry to hurt your butt high and mighty local grad

Pls tell your fellow juniors to quit their degree and go tk private degree instead

Mai kum gong pls why get yourself into study debt hehe

Unregistered 25-01-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199431)
at the rank and file level, partners just need people to do the work, they dont need anyone to be extraordinary.

They just need grunts decked in G2000 asking their clients' employees stupid questions all day.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199443)
They just need grunts decked in G2000 asking their clients' employees stupid questions all day.

there will always be “findings” from audit so grunts are needed to continue the business

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199443)

Sometimes is manager force the associates to ask stupid questions. Usually we just request for pbc and only approach client if there are anomolies or errors. I know some people Simi thing also ask client. I think they no EQ.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199426)

Come on, all professional services firms are adopting the use-and-throw model. They just need the clueless grads to do the grind work. Is it not clear to you that they dont care whether you are locals, malaysians or pinoys?

And please dont overrate yourself. The real talents are in IBs and civil service. You are in big 4s because you have not much choices.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199456)
Come on, all professional services firms are adopting the use-and-throw model. They just need the clueless grads to do the grind work. Is it not clear to you that they dont care whether you are locals, malaysians or pinoys?

And please dont overrate yourself. The real talents are in IBs and civil service. You are in big 4s because you have not much choices.

fresh accounting grads performing ICT audit is really a painful experience for organisations . end up organisation is paying for services but yet is teaching the auditors how to do

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199456)

Lol @ civil service. Other than the cream of the crop who got in with PSA or whatever scholarship, everyone else is just there to take salary and fk off at 6pm.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199451)
Sometimes is manager force the associates to ask stupid questions. Usually we just request for pbc and only approach client if there are anomolies or errors. I know some people Simi thing also ask client. I think they no EQ.

I remember some year 1 audit grunt asking my colleague (mid office product control role) why there weren't any market prices uploaded for 25 December. The feller OT until no night no day ah until forget that Santa claus is coming to town?

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199461)
Lol @ civil service. Other than the cream of the crop who got in with PSA or whatever scholarship, everyone else is just there to take salary and fk off at 6pm.

Thank you for grinding at b4 so that we could knock off at 6pm. :)

Unregistered 25-01-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

and what is wrong with that? most people fk off at 6pm. last time my client at tuas fk off at 5pm. All of my clients fk off by 6pm. office will be empty by 630pm

You must be brainwashed by big 4. think work until 12 midnight very satki when partners like Max Loh are just treating you like a slave.You don't get a single cent more when you work after 6pm

Unregistered 25-01-2022 11:40 AM

IB prestige no doubt

civil service ... hmmm some are rly high flyers who earn lots under strategic divisions of garmen

the rest are just bunch of ppl shake leg everyday with ok pay same spot from 20s to retirement lah

Unregistered 25-01-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Wow you are laughing at civil servants who are knocking off at 6pm? You must be brainwashed hard to believe you are a talent just because you are slaving away.

Lets not talk about the scholars. Even the general civil servants are better speakers and carry themselves better than the clueless grads and foreigners in audit. Can you even clear their two rounds panel interview in the first place.

Their AWS alone is close to your full-year bonus. Let this sink it in.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199479)
IB prestige no doubt

civil service ... hmmm some are rly high flyers who earn lots under strategic divisions of garmen

the rest are just bunch of ppl shake leg everyday with ok pay same spot from 20s to retirement lah

Please go read up the civil service salary thread.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199482)

Civil servants must be kidding themselves if they think every role in there is high flying and integral to nation building or whatever they get high on.

It's funny how they chose to pick on the offhanded 6pm pangkang remark when really the main point was that a good number of civil service jobs are meaningless roles which can be fulfilled by anyone able to fill up the job application form...which sounds rather similar to big 4 auditors lewl.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199481)
Wow you are laughing at civil servants who are knocking off at 6pm? You must be brainwashed hard to believe you are a talent just because you are slaving away.

Lets not talk about the scholars. Even the general civil servants are better speakers and carry themselves better than the clueless grads and foreigners in audit. Can you even clear their two rounds panel interview in the first place.

Their AWS alone is close to your full-year bonus. Let this sink it in.

I'm not even an auditor dipshit, I'm just here to laugh at auditors. Somehow even civil service apologists have managed to find their way into this thread :)

Civil service so easy to clear interview lah, you must be retarded and not very eloquent if you consider it to be some sort of a daunting task to pass.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199482)

read le and my answer still the same

we got gd civil servants, tasked to handle the garmen and ppl cpf money to make us rich or contribute to science development

meanwhile we also have civil servants 9-6 shake leg pick up calls think they impt

let me tell u i have school mates who are type 1 gd civil servant and he never left work on time one

to achieve great things u need sacrifice, dont earn ok salary and hao lian lah, u no different from auditors de pls

Unregistered 25-01-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199486)
read le and my answer still the same

we got gd civil servants, tasked to handle the garmen and ppl cpf money to make us rich or contribute to science development

meanwhile we also have civil servants 9-6 shake leg pick up calls think they impt

let me tell u i have school mates who are type 1 gd civil servant and he never left work on time one

to achieve great things u need sacrifice, dont earn ok salary and hao lian lah, u no different from auditors de pls

Thank your friend for his great service, happy to knock off at 6pm everyday to upskill and invest in myself. Hehe

Unregistered 25-01-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199489)
Thank your friend for his great service, happy to knock off at 6pm everyday to upskill and invest in myself. Hehe

so says the auditor who OT.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199504)
so says the auditor who OT.

Sorry dude, am here to chitchat with auditors too.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 03:33 PM

Hi, I’m currently looking at companies for uni intern but not sure which positions will be better for work life balance with good pay and which companies are better for which industries. If possible can I get a ranking and why?
Also from what I heard, audit is the worse with work life balance so I’m not choose that. Thanks

Unregistered 25-01-2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199529)
Hi, I’m currently looking at companies for uni intern but not sure which positions will be better for work life balance with good pay and which companies are better for which industries. If possible can I get a ranking and why?
Also from what I heard, audit is the worse with work life balance so I’m not choose that. Thanks

Wah lan eh, ask this ask that, you want us to intro you to jobs too?

How about you consider if these companies you are looking at will actually consider giving you internship opportunities first?

Unregistered 25-01-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199424)
You are creating your own brand/reputation and working on your own career path.

This is good. There are many negatives about Big4. But I think what you can take from the job depends on you. Some people work like robots, roll prior year workpapers and don't understand what they are doing. Some people learn more because they don't work like robots.

There are several things that I picked up that might be helpful in work outside audit. I have to say it has been helpful to me and I didn't actually stay very long.

1. A good familiarity of financial numbers (3+1 statements and notes to account), and understanding of accounting treatment and standards.

2. Ability to understand new things/process/risk areas and process information. Walkthrough is not about rolling prior year workpaper and finding fault for fun. It is about understanding things that you don't understand. Audit trains your mind to think in a certain way and process information, and it is actually helpful for outside work.

3. Brushing up EQ. How to manage people of various positions and perspectives from you, and getting the things you want. I am not talking about our silly seniors-senior managers who don't even know what they are talking about sometime. I am talking about speaking with junior staff to SVP/managing directors or even CFO at the clients.

4. Ability to prioritize, streamline and multi task. I can visualize my own OSM list, manage multiple deadlines, and know what is good enough work if there is not enough time.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199529)

my advice is, to really go and find out yourself instead of listening to others stories' recommendations for u. Chances are u will regret it cos not everyone feels the same way for the same job

this is a site with lots of jokers, plus, if u cant even bother to fork out time to know more abt the industry u want to work in for 20-30 years, why would they?