Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 08-05-2023 08:56 AM

Ask

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247917)
You can ask those from tunku, sunway, multimedia, taylor uni from Malaysia

Mind to share with us the latest pay from the big4?

Unregistered 08-05-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247912)
These bloody JHK. Go to linkedin can see tons of them.

It is EYE cancer to read walkthrough process and internal controls in broken english.
You barely understand what is written and have to go through it with client again. Worst still is they don't really understand the difference between a control and a process.

They have the coolie mentality. They like to por lanpa and pretend to work 24/7

Unregistered 08-05-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247912)
These bloody JHK. Go to linkedin can see tons of them.

It is EYE cancer to read walkthrough process and internal controls in broken english.
You barely understand what is written and have to go through it with client again. Worst still is they don't really understand the difference between a control and a process.

they follow cookie cutter template and has 0 critical thinking, then when you challenge / suggest / propose that based on the client nature, perhaps we can do away with some types of control testing and perhaps just test on transaction (since it is low volume or just not enough headcount to have so many processes). They just keep on repeating what is on their manual instead of pausing a second, thinking, and perhaps say something like they will need to discuss with their line manager / partner before coming back to us.

Unregistered 08-05-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247913)
Thats what i'm trying to tell him over and over again and his comprehension fails every time. I just give up. Not worth the time to educate him.

I doubt he is in tech, he probably is trying to break into big 4 advisory since tech has heavy layoffs and freeze hiring. So pitiful

he needs to have more tunkutsu abdul ramen people to join him in tech who doesn't know the difference between colon and semi colon, slash and backslash, and give him hell in coding and scripts before he can understand :D

these jhk also like to say things like more better and irregardless. i don't know how that doesn't bring a reputable organisation like big4 embarrassment.

jhk in bolehland is one thing

jhk in chinatown accounting firm is one thing

jhk in big4 / mid-tier at least need to have some standards right?

Unregistered 08-05-2023 02:35 PM

jhk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247927)
he needs to have more tunkutsu abdul ramen people to join him in tech who doesn't know the difference between colon and semi colon, slash and backslash, and give him hell in coding and scripts before he can understand :D

these jhk also like to say things like more better and irregardless. i don't know how that doesn't bring a reputable organisation like big4 embarrassment.

simi is jhk

Unregistered 08-05-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247927)

Big 4 doesn't care about audit quality. Your Big 4 partners only care about maximizing profitability so they can pay themselves huge bonuses and purchase their 4th investment property. Employing jhk will help them reduce labour expense and address the shortage of local uni graduates.

Since your greedy scumbag partners only care about profits, I suggest you also heck care liao. Your manager most probably also won't have time to review all your workpapers.

Unregistered 08-05-2023 03:09 PM

Big 4 audit quality is top class one.

I have worked on one engagement where the manager forgot to review the workpaper and went on mc. Then the partner just come and pm me asking me whether I have completed the testing, I assure him that we have completed everything alr just need manager to review. Then, the partner just signed off the workpaper.

Unregistered 08-05-2023 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247941)
Big 4 audit quality is top class one.

I have worked on one engagement where the manager forgot to review the workpaper and went on mc. Then the partner just come and pm me asking me whether I have completed the testing, I assure him that we have completed everything alr just need manager to review. Then, the partner just signed off the workpaper.

Now never finish workpaper partner also will sign off one. Some engagement teams only have 1 manager and partner cause not enough staff. Manager has to do the fieldwork or borrow A1s and A2s from other engagements to help him complete the project.

Unregistered 08-05-2023 07:44 PM

JHK in big4 really that bad?
Sad to see so many JHK in big4.

Midstreamer don't even have the chance to join big4 these day.

Unregistered 09-05-2023 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247962)
JHK in big4 really that bad?
Sad to see so many JHK in big4.

Midstreamer don't even have the chance to join big4 these day.

Ppl join b4 go consulting, tax, advisory etc.

U choose audit.. thats y u no chance.. ur logic abit off leh.. y choose low end job.