Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 10-04-2023 04:12 PM

How are the hours at Deloitte IA? Is it mostly WFH?

Unregistered 11-04-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245805)
Yes I know

care to explain, why do partners not get monthly salary

Unregistered 11-04-2023 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241963)
Ex big 4 employees, did you regret leaving the big4 because you could have been a partner if you stayed on?

no, while i left fairly early as an A1, taking a pay cut by moving into finance, it eventually paid off, as i doubled my salary within a year. while i can't speak for all former auditors, i would say that once you actually move to industry, you really know what you do and actually have subject mastery of the business.
while being a partner is indeed cushy, i do worry when fellow 22-28 year olds audit large institutions and have absolutely no knowledge of what are the risk factors. even the managers themselves, experienced from an audit perspective, hold not much knowledge of the business, sometimes i wonder if this is a fact that even they themselves know.
just look at all the collapses over the past 5 years and the supposed role of auditors...
i, for one, prefer to earn money making an honest living.
(on a side note, carrying the audit work ethic to your new workplace does wonders professionally, and in months, as you tone it down, you'll be ready to enjoy that desired wlb)

Unregistered 11-04-2023 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246008)
no, while i left fairly early as an A1, taking a pay cut by moving into finance, it eventually paid off, as i doubled my salary within a year. while i can't speak for all former auditors, i would say that once you actually move to industry, you really know what you do and actually have subject mastery of the business.
while being a partner is indeed cushy, i do worry when fellow 22-28 year olds audit large institutions and have absolutely no knowledge of what are the risk factors. even the managers themselves, experienced from an audit perspective, hold not much knowledge of the business, sometimes i wonder if this is a fact that even they themselves know.
just look at all the collapses over the past 5 years and the supposed role of auditors...
(on a side note, carrying the audit work ethic to your new workplace does wonders professionally, and in months, as you tone it down, you'll be ready to enjoy that desired wlb)

What role are you at which allows the doubling of salary within a year?

Unregistered 12-04-2023 09:13 AM

Quote:

This is a good attitude except for the fact that most people do not care about higher order values like the role of auditors and service excellence to client. Most people only see the client as a money printer and live engagement by engagement. Those aspiring to be partners care more about climbing the pole than what they can do for the client. Same with people who already made partner. It's a tough sell to appeal to higher order values.

You think the average jhk who comes to Singapore to work in B4 for 3 x salary cares about being familiar with the client's business so that they can provide good value?

Unregistered 12-04-2023 02:37 PM

Quote:

3k to 6k then hentak kaki / small raises perpetually. That's what he didn't tell you
From experience, most people who leave big 4 stagnate once they reach senior finance mgr/FC position. They try job hopping but no more progression.

Unregistered 13-04-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245824)
So is Project Everest happening or not? Can't wait for the new yellow advisory spinoff to IPO so that I can short it lmao.

Lmao the transaction got torpedoed liao. sank faster than an allied merchant vessel vs a german U-boat in the north atlantic

what a total embarrassment and shambolic saga. this will be a laughing stock of the B4 world for years

Unregistered 13-04-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245992)
care to explain, why do partners not get monthly salary

They have equity in the business and are business owners. What they get is partner drawings, not salary. Good lord the number of people who have not the slightest idea in these basic knowledge of their own industry is atrocious. No wonder audit is seen as a third or fourth choice career now to soak up the third tier grads

Unregistered 13-04-2023 05:09 PM

Anyone from EY Tech consulting ? Just curious if the projects are as bad as Tax and Audit, or maybe it's just EY working culture in general. Will be great if you can share the salary range as well. Thanks.

Unregistered 13-04-2023 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246120)
Anyone from EY Tech consulting ? Just curious if the projects are as bad as Tax and Audit, or maybe it's just EY working culture in general. Will be great if you can share the salary range as well. Thanks.

how is EY able to sell any consulting service with a straight face when they botched up their own everest project so badly??? can provide strategy but cannot execute lol