Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-09-2022 09:18 PM

IT audit can exit to which company?

Unregistered 26-09-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231281)
Go if you want to waste your life screenshot. Doing controls. Absolutely zero exit opportunity you only pigeon hole yourself. Pay is **** hour is **** exit opportunity even ****

better to go for Cyber/Data privacy over IT audit/Tech risk

Unregistered 26-09-2022 10:06 PM

What about internal audit? Is the exit opportunity better or worse than external audit?

Unregistered 26-09-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231292)
What about internal audit? Is the exit opportunity better or worse than external audit?

obviously worse cos internal audit exit opps is literally just internal audit in corporates

Unregistered 26-09-2022 10:47 PM

Quote:

Go if you want to waste your life screenshot. Doing controls. Absolutely zero exit opportunity you only pigeon hole yourself. Pay is **** hour is **** exit opportunity even ****

Tbh, this is not entirely true. The screenshots are for documentation purpose. Saying it with absolutely zero opportunity is also not true. The demand is there. I firsthand saw droves of ppl leaving tech risk for other similar fields post covid because of the tech boom and the sudden demand in ppl within this field due the wfh and remote working.

To say that you're pigeonholing yourself depends on what are u doing with your life. Stick to the same set of skills, ya for sure in any industry you are pigeonholing yourself so this statement is crap. If accountants stuck to their CA, they are also pigeonholing themselves to Accounting field. If they upskill themselves with python, sql and alteryx the story is gonna be different.

Don't listen to every bull**** on this space. You do you.

Unregistered 26-09-2022 11:39 PM

Hi what is considered high flyer in big 4?

Unregistered 27-09-2022 12:40 AM

You make the work sound worse than it actually is... i dunno why some people are so against that department- its actually quite lucrative recently as another TS say.
Pay wise in Big 4 cannot say its ****. In fact its slightly higher than audit (anywhere from 500-1k higher).
Hours also not ****, better than audit (60 hour weeks are only during peak peak in dec, averaged over the year is probably 45-50 hours a week).
Exit opportunities are what you make of it.

Quote:

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231316)
You make the work sound worse than it actually is... i dunno why some people are so against that department- its actually quite lucrative recently as another TS say.
Pay wise in Big 4 cannot say its ****. In fact its slightly higher than audit (anywhere from 500-1k higher).
Hours also not ****, better than audit (60 hour weeks are only during peak peak in dec, averaged over the year is probably 45-50 hours a week).
Exit opportunities are what you make of it.

Ya higher only at low levels. Eventually even out or even lose out in the long run. Honestly you are neither here nor there. Accounting professionals not dealing with numbers. But also not a cs graduate won't get anything after when you jump out. Better stay with financial audit

Unregistered 27-09-2022 08:58 PM

what should I do if I want to be promoted to partner asap?

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231369)
what should I do if I want to be promoted to partner asap?

you should wake the f up