Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 10-12-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150804)
Aiyo you lot still whining here ah?

I might be the top 5% from SIM earning >4.5k starting at a top MNC in this climate but jesus this is fking hilarious LOL

Yes... we get it - we didn't do well for Poly/A Levels... we only need to study ~12 hours a week.. UOL fees are largely comparable to local uni fees... oh wait, I think I get why you kids are so mad now lmao

Cry :(

brother here just highlighted the primary reason behind all these local uni trolls HAHAHA

Unregistered 10-12-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150840)
Local uni kids so pathetic nowadays ah?

Have ego issues come on SIM-UOL thread. Why so bitter and insecure? :(

Ok la — there are none of us in BBs, Big Tech etc if it makes you feel better. Wake the fk up please most of you here are trash that’s why you can find a bunch of us in grad programmes.

Everyone here is a keyboard warrior so if either party wants verification just go google/linkedin or put your contact details down here lor lmao

P.S. Still laughing at the fact that I am doing better than most of my JC peers in local unis 😂

Young man, you just work a few more years first. Then you see, whether the peers you enjoy working with are from local uni or private uni.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150840)
Local uni kids so pathetic nowadays ah?

Have ego issues come on SIM-UOL thread. Why so bitter and insecure? :(

Ok la — there are none of us in BBs, Big Tech etc if it makes you feel better. Wake the fk up please most of you here are trash that’s why you can find a bunch of us in grad programmes.

Everyone here is a keyboard warrior so if either party wants verification just go google/linkedin or put your contact details down here lor lmao

P.S. Still laughing at the fact that I am doing better than most of my JC peers in local unis 😂

Wrong, you are in grad programs because you all want to get a proper university on your resume (who could blame you), and getting in via postgrad is far less competitive than undergrad.

We local grads already have a good, first degree on our resume and have no need for a masters to receive proper salary 😂

By the way, you need a FCH to get into a NUS/SMU MSc. Postgrad is one of the largest forms of revenue for unis, and they still won't accept your money unless you are the very best of SIM - otherwise some Indian with average marks from Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Shekhawati University will still get in over you pathetic bunch! 😂

Unregistered 10-12-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150850)
Wrong, you are in grad programs because you all want to get a proper university on your resume (who could blame you), and getting in via postgrad is far less competitive than undergrad.

We local grads already have a good, first degree on our resume and have no need for a masters to receive proper salary 😂

By the way, you need a FCH to get into a NUS/SMU MSc. Postgrad is one of the largest forms of revenue for unis, and they still won't accept your money unless you are the very best of SIM - otherwise some Indian with average marks from Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Shekhawati University will still get in over you pathetic bunch! 😂

Grad programmes mean graduate roles la dumb fk sia this local uni kid

Any tom dick and harry can get into a NUS/SMU MSc LMAO

Unregistered 10-12-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150852)
Grad programmes mean graduate roles la dumb fk sia this local uni kid

Any tom dick and harry can get into a NUS/SMU MSc LMAO

Typical SIM UOL IQ. Lower than room temperature.

Go on linkedin and see those people who sign up for grad program in local U. They all have 1 thing in common - a very weak first degree. Yes, you will see some from SMU/NUS but the majority of enrolments possess a no-name degree from some third rate uni. It's a way of beefing up your resume, otherwise nobody is going to hire a Thammasat University grad in Singapore.

In your case, SIM UOL degree is actually even sh*ttier than those unknown foreign degrees, because it is no degree at all. Consider you lucky NUS/SMU even accept some of you failures into their MSc. Of course, you still have to get FCH :D

Unregistered 10-12-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150853)
Typical SIM UOL IQ. Lower than room temperature.

Go on linkedin and see those people who sign up for grad program in local U. They all have 1 thing in common - a very weak first degree. Yes, you will see some from SMU/NUS but the majority of enrolments possess a no-name degree from some third rate uni. It's a way of beefing up your resume, otherwise nobody is going to hire a Thammasat University grad in Singapore.

In your case, SIM UOL degree is actually even sh*ttier than those unknown foreign degrees, because it is no degree at all. Consider you lucky NUS/SMU even accept some of you failures into their MSc. Of course, you still have to get FCH :D

Brudder cannot take liddat 1. Come I teach you.

Firstly, degree is just degree. SIM = NUS/NTU/SMU = Harvard/Stanford/Oxford

Also, EQ > IQ. Forget about sinkapor, my brother who is SIM graduate is now beating out Wharton grads for MBB positions on Wall Street. You know why? EQ bro.

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 10-12-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150854)

Also, EQ > IQ. Forget about sinkapor, my brother who is SIM graduate is now beating out Wharton grads for MBB positions on Wall Street. You know why? EQ bro.

#simdegreesmatter

I agree bro,

My brother also NTU graduate beating out SIM grads for jobs in singapore.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150842)
Young man, you just work a few more years first. Then you see, whether the peers you enjoy working with are from local uni or private uni.

worked with local uni peers on intern projects/FT projects and it says a lot that I am selected for conversion/promotion & they are not.

but hey, whatever suits your agenda.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150858)
worked with local uni peers on intern projects/FT projects and it says a lot that I am selected for conversion/promotion & they are not.

but hey, whatever suits your agenda.

just from your one sentence, one can only assume you're better than your peers. but if you're going to extrapolate the anecdote of you > your local uni peers to private uni grads > local uni grads, then any form of discussion/argument will be pointless.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 04:06 PM

So much tears and salt from the local uni camp

Geez get over yourselves, what has life done to you people for you to spam post on a private uni forum 🤦*♂️

Unregistered 10-12-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150867)
So much tears and salt from the local uni camp

Geez get over yourselves, what has life done to you people for you to spam post on a private uni forum 🤦*♂️

NUS BBA student here. Not only do I love visiting and sh*tting on the peasants in this forum, studying on the SIM campus is also one of my favorite pastimes. I make sure to put my NUS student card in a visible location while I do, so everyone knows I'm not a low-class SIM student but of superior stock. I can't explain why, but it just feels really good knowing you're inherently better than the fellow next to you.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150871)
NUS BBA student here. Not only do I love visiting and sh*tting on the peasants in this forum, studying on the SIM campus is also one of my favorite pastimes. I make sure to put my NUS student card in a visible location while I do, so everyone knows I'm not a low-class SIM student but of superior stock. I can't explain why, but it just feels really good knowing you're inherently better than the fellow next to you.

You do you man, if your source of pride and joy come from being a student in a local U, we can only imagine how terrible your life is.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150873)
You do you man, if your source of pride and joy come from being a student in a local U, we can only imagine how terrible your life is.

Are you one of those lowly SIM students?

If so, you really shouldn't talk to your NUS superiors in such a manner. Let me remind you that nothing you post on the internet is truly anonymous, and everything can be traced.

As an academically discriminatory country, there is a certain hierarchy to Singaporean society. A SIM student will always be inferior to a NUS grad. Who knows, I could very well end up being your boss one day.

All I'm saying is, SIM students please don't get too c*cky. Be careful what you say, even on 'anonymous' forums.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150876)
Are you one of those lowly SIM students?

If so, you really shouldn't talk to your NUS superiors in such a manner. Let me remind you that nothing you post on the internet is truly anonymous, and everything can be traced.

As an academically discriminatory country, there is a certain hierarchy to Singaporean society. A SIM student will always be inferior to a NUS grad. Who knows, I could very well end up being your boss one day.

All I'm saying is, SIM students please don't get too c*cky. Be careful what you say, even on 'anonymous' forums.

Getting embarrassing bro, quit crying.

The last NUS student I came in contact with actually begged me for interview questions for the company that I work at.

3 years UOL (time value of money + 1 year fees saved) and we are still laughing at you lot.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150881)
Getting embarrassing bro, quit crying.

The last NUS student I came in contact with actually begged me for interview questions for the company that I work at.

3 years UOL (time value of money + 1 year fees saved) and we are still laughing at you lot.

Please lah. The last NUS student you came in contact with, you dare not even look the fella in the eyes for fear of being dominated.

Face it, you SIM lot are relegated to a lower rung of society by virtue of your DL degrees. Like bangla worker and filipino maid. Usually I wouldn't bother disturbing you. But I find this thread too funny. Just a bunch of low IQ failures j*cking off each each other and dreaming up imaginary scenarios about beating local grads.

By the way, it's so easy picking up a SIM girl. Just show her my NUS student card and she instantly becomes a submissive s*x slave. It's another perk of studying at the SIM campus as a NUS student :D

Unregistered 10-12-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150883)
Please lah. The last NUS student you came in contact with, you dare not even look the fella in the eyes for fear of being dominated.

Face it, you SIM lot are relegated to a lower rung of society by virtue of your DL degrees. Like bangla worker and filipino maid. Usually I wouldn't bother disturbing you. But I find this thread too funny. Just a bunch of low IQ failures j*cking off each each other and dreaming up imaginary scenarios about beating local grads.

By the way, it's so easy picking up a SIM girl. Just show her my NUS student card and she instantly becomes a submissive s*x slave. It's another perk of studying at the SIM campus as a NUS student :D

LOL need to type one whole essay and get so upset not? 😂 Pathetic leh you bunch, cringe.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150884)
LOL need to type one whole essay and get so upset not? 😂 Pathetic leh you bunch, cringe.

Typical SIM UOL student, 5-6 sentences considered essay alr 😂

No wonder yall fail A levels/Poly. This level of english still can talk back 😂

Unregistered 10-12-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150854)

#simdegreesmatter

Oh you mean this standard of English? Can’t even discern talk from “take”?

Cringe la bro, keep crying :(

Unregistered 10-12-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150887)
Oh you mean this standard of English? Can’t even discern talk from “take”?

Cringe la bro, keep crying :(

Brudda, I think he was making fun of you 😂

I tend to forget, as SIM UOL students, irony is also lost on you 😂

Unregistered 10-12-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150888)
Brudda, I think he was making fun of you 😂

I tend to forget, as SIM UOL students, irony is also lost on you 😂

Umm... he is aware. And he is making fun of you. ROFL local uni kids are dumb these days man.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150889)
Umm... he is aware. And he is making fun of you. ROFL local uni kids are dumb these days man.

If we don't make random spelling errors and communicate using your level of english, you will not understand lah

You think local grads communicate like this in a professional environment? No brudda... that is SIM standard

Unregistered 10-12-2020 06:59 PM

SIM 2nd upper must receive same pay as NUS 2nd upper or first!

SIM FCH must receive same pay as Oxbridge degree!

Hiring NUS grad over SIM grad is discrimination!

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 10-12-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150886)
Typical SIM UOL student, 5-6 sentences considered essay alr 😂

No wonder yall fail A levels/Poly. This level of english still can talk back 😂

who the hell types 10 sentences in one forum post? you ok not? don’t butt hurt la

Unregistered 10-12-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150894)
who the hell types 10 sentences in one forum post? you ok not? don’t butt hurt la

Please, SIM students expend twice as many sentences concocting their brilliant fairytales of out earning local grads. I bet you're one of them.

If only they spent as much time and effort into studying... maybe they would have made it into a proper university.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 07:14 PM

This is one fked up thread
Doesnt matter ur degree from where ok bois
U go NUS study biz/law/med is failure in my eyes
U go NTU study engineering also failure in my eyes
U got SIM study anything also failure

Worse of all anyone studying simi
- digital marketing
- semosemo marketing
- art media ****
- design ****
really is betray ur ancestors kind of failures
Government also call u useless

- NUS CS

Unregistered 10-12-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150895)
Please, SIM students expend twice as many sentences concocting their brilliant fairytales of out earning local grads. I bet you're one of them.

If only they spent as much time and effort into studying... maybe they would have made it into a proper university.

Brudder pls open ur eyes

SIM > NUS/NTU/SMU.

That's why top 10% of poly choose to go SIM. Only those who fail poly and A levels, no choice must go NUS.

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 10-12-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150896)
This is one fked up thread
Doesnt matter ur degree from where ok bois
U go NUS study biz/law/med is failure in my eyes
U go NTU study engineering also failure in my eyes
U got SIM study anything also failure

Worse of all anyone studying simi
- digital marketing
- semosemo marketing
- art media ****
- design ****
really is betray ur ancestors kind of failures
Government also call u useless

- NUS CS

This one confirm uol. Stop acting.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 07:53 PM

Aiyo y’all still so obsessed and salty ah?

Yeah you guys are spot on! It’s SO obvious that local uni is much better given the amount of stalking and “quality” of content yall dedicate here.

Keep crying pls this is so entertaining HAHAHA 😂

Unregistered 10-12-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150899)

SIM students have a tendency to deny the importance of a university degree in Singapore. Which is weird, because SIM UOL easily ranks as the most prestigious institution of higher education in the world. Even Harvard and Oxbridge must kowtow to SIM grads.

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 10-12-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150899)

This one confirm study ADM at NTU.
Comsci 2x ur pay boi

Unregistered 10-12-2020 10:43 PM

MNCs must employ an equal distribution of local and private grads!

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 11-12-2020 12:08 AM

So much salt, cry :(

Unregistered 11-12-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150931)
So much salt, cry :(

I agree brother. These local grads are overrated af

Government should implement new policy. From now on every MNC must fill its ranks with at least 50% SIM UOL grads. Otherwise can sue in court for discrimination.

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 11-12-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150932)
I agree brother. These local grads are overrated af

Government should implement new policy. From now on every MNC must fill its ranks with at least 50% SIM UOL grads. Otherwise can sue in court for discrimination.

#simdegreesmatter

Rather than spamming your retarded hashtag try landing a role in a MNC yourself first leh

Whole day stalking private uni forum until 12am, bo liao af

Unregistered 11-12-2020 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150934)
Rather than spamming your retarded hashtag try landing a role in a MNC yourself first leh

Whole day stalking private uni forum until 12am, bo liao af

No quota for NUS grads unfortunately :(

We are not atas enough. Only government scholars can enter SIM.

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 11-12-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150936)
No quota for NUS grads unfortunately :(

We are not atas enough. Only government scholars can enter SIM.

#simdegreesmatter

Fking obsessed leh this kid.

Some SIM grad must have stolen his spot somewhere to have affected him this much LOL

Unregistered 11-12-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150947)
Fking obsessed leh this kid.

Some SIM grad must have stolen his spot somewhere to have affected him this much LOL

Employer see NUS cert and SIM cert, of course choose latter lah. SIM even beat Harvard u know. How can I compete.

No need rub salt in the wound bro

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 11-12-2020 01:31 PM

Every school is a good school
- Vivian Balakrishnan whose kids went to SIM

PSLE score don't define our children
- Said the parents who graduated from SIM

I am an artist and a designer
- The beggar by the street

Unregistered 11-12-2020 01:50 PM

SIM UOL 'graduates', why even bother putting First Class Honours on your linkedin?

It's the equivalent of a 170cm guy proclaiming himself king of the manlets

Or a homeless dude laughing at another homeless dude on the street below

Like congrats, you are the best of the worst. At the top of the trash heap. Not exactly something to be proud of if you ask me.

At the end of the day, you SIM UOL are all losers.

Unregistered 11-12-2020 01:55 PM

Well, to be absolutely fair, I got 150 odd points for PSLE, went to N(A) and was saved by 1 point and also because of affiliation. Retained in Sec 2, and then messed up N Levels because of Chinese. Did private O’s and, too messed it up. Went to SIM to do a private diploma and then went to NS.

NS was office hours so I did part time Uni at SIM RMIT. Effectively saved 1 year, and then now working in the public sector drawing the same pay as my peers from the local unis. Maybe a couple of hundred bucks lesser.. In turn, I took the shorter route and now have 1 over year of work experience than my peers who went through the traditional route.

So my point is PSLE, and whatever school you come from truly truly doesn’t matter.