Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 03-01-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152468)
Mai kaysiao SIM uni more atas than Harvard how can compare with SUSS/SIT brudder 🤣🤣🤣

#simdegreesmatter
#simbetterthanharvard

reply to own posts don’t so obvious leh. local uni until so poor thing :(

Unregistered 03-01-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152477)
reply to own posts don’t so obvious leh. local uni until so poor thing :(

Correction, NUS grad was talking to me. Please bear with my dullness. I am SIM UOL after all, such mistakes are to be expected.

Unregistered 03-01-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152481)
Correction, NUS grad was talking to me. Please bear with my dullness. I am SIM UOL after all, such mistakes are to be expected.

Forgiven my son.

Sincerely,

NUS BBA

Unregistered 03-01-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152482)
Forgiven my son.

Sincerely,

NUS BBA

Thank you, kind sir. 🙏

Sincerely,

SIMian trash

Unregistered 03-01-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151359)
just report the posts to police la

good deal leh, go jail at least got free food and accom, better than being unemployed visit SIM-UOL forum 24/7 to seek validation. can bunk with his buddies on the news too sia!

#midnightgrind #nolastpostnosleep

Daily reminder. Wounding SIM feelings is an offence punishable by imprisonment.

#simdegreesmatter
#simdegreesareREALdegrees
#yousaysimbadICALLPOLICE!

Unregistered 03-01-2021 05:06 PM

Wait till he finally cry and call polis sial

Unregistered 03-01-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152491)
Wait till he finally cry and call polis sial

Siao I tink even my NUS get out of jail free card will not save me from the wrath of the SIMian :(

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 03-01-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152492)
Siao I tink even my NUS get out of jail free card will not save me from the wrath of the SIMian :(

#simdegreesmatter

bee boo bee boo bee boo

sim wan sui

Unregistered 03-01-2021 09:09 PM

Hi SIMians, Aussie grad here

I did just as bad or worse than you SIMians in poly, yet unlike you peasants my family has enough money to fund my education in Aussieland.

When I come back to SG with my second upper UniMelb/Usyd degree (no bell curve, party everyday can easily get 2:1) I will still be more competitive than you trash despite putting in equal/less effort.

I call this phenomenon 'lottery of birth'. Only those who are both stupid and poor are relegated to SIM. Those who are only stupid but born into privilege can still afford the opportunity to go to a real uni and attain a real degree

I guess all I am saying is, dun lump us Aussie grads in with you SIM trash. Money opens doors, and being stupid is forgivable if you are rich

#SIMian
#SIMpson

Unregistered 03-01-2021 10:37 PM

Feel better kiddo, you’ll find a job soon - just don’t be too picky aight

#obsessed #localunipride

Unregistered 03-01-2021 10:39 PM

Hows life in suss

Unregistered 03-01-2021 11:05 PM

I did just as bad or worse than you SIMians in poly, yet unlike you peasants my family has enough money to fund my education in Aussieland.

When I come back to SG with my second upper UniMelb/Usyd degree (no bell curve, party everyday can easily get 2:1) I will still be more competitive than you trash despite putting in equal/less effort.

I call this phenomenon 'lottery of birth'. Only those who are both stupid and poor are relegated to SIM. Those who are only stupid but born into privilege can still afford the opportunity to go to a real uni and attain a real degree

I guess all I am saying is, dun lump us Aussie grads in with you SIM trash. Money opens doors, and being stupid is forgivable if you are rich

#SIMian
#SIMpson

Unregistered 04-01-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152509)

#SIMian
#SIMpson

Brutal. Usually those aussie grads will get quite good placement in local banks as well because their rich parents got good connections.

it's absolutely over for low-class SIMs. Poor + stupid in ultra-competitive country like Singapore, may as well kill yourself.

Unregistered 04-01-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152446)
His level of maturity is local uni level mah. That’s why he’s doing sim-UOL forum traineeship, 3 am still have to work even though it’s New Year’s Day leh

Let him spam lah. It’s pretty clear who’s the loser in this.

I mean c’mon, this local uni man child is trying to flex that he’s “better” for almost a month LOL. Every day monitoring 24/7 without fail, talk about infatuation lmao.

Unregistered 04-01-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152537)

I mean c’mon, this local uni man child is trying to flex that he’s “better” for almost a month LOL. Every day monitoring 24/7 without fail, talk about infatuation lmao.

Indeed I am infatuated. Dominating people who are inferior to me gets me off so good. Almost as good as picking up SIM girls with my NUS student card.

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 04-01-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152537)

i guess you forgot the SIM kid in here defending without fail for at least a year LOL

Unregistered 04-01-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152547)
i guess you forgot the SIM kid in here defending without fail for at least a year LOL

Ahahaha must defend pride of his beloved SIM uni (distance learning edition) mah ;)

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 04-01-2021 06:20 PM

Cry and cry and cry. Rly local uni represent siol

Unregistered 04-01-2021 07:00 PM

Keep saying local uni, i heard if u say enough time NUS will accept you. Then no need to be sim trash anymore

Unregistered 04-01-2021 08:26 PM

NUS also can produce this kind of standard?

No wonder still jobless

Unregistered 04-01-2021 08:50 PM

Correct, NUS BBA entry req of 80rp/3.7gpa produce this kind of standard

Now look in the mirror and ask yourself, SIM entry req is having a pulse... what kind of standard will a program like that produce? Lol

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 04-01-2021 09:52 PM

eh, NUS BBA prospect = stalking private uni forums nowadays ah?

lose to us for grad positions not embrassing enough meh need to come here let us bully somemore 😂

#AutisticLivesMatter

Unregistered 04-01-2021 11:19 PM

enter local u so can become as pathetic as you? no thx

ppl attend uni for good paying jobs this guy does it so he can come crying on a private uni thread rofl

Unregistered 04-01-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152578)
enter local u so can become as pathetic as you? no thx

ppl attend uni for good paying jobs this guy does it so he can come crying on a private uni thread rofl

I come here so I can feel good about myself bruh. There's nothing like dominating SIM trash day in day out. It's also why I choose to study on the SIM campus.

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 05-01-2021 12:29 AM

"dominating" "come here so I can feel good about myself"

*man-child proceeds to monitor sim-uol forum 24/7*

*replies to his own posts*

*sends cringey hashtags*

alone, obsessed on xmas & nye yet still jobless. cry :(

Unregistered 05-01-2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152582)

*sends cringey hashtags*

Alamak SIM warrior (distance learning edition) to the rescue once again ~😂

Very satki lol

#simdegreesmatter
#satkisimwarrior

Unregistered 05-01-2021 09:59 AM

Business course in UOL vs arts course in NTU/SMU, which one would u guys choose?

Ty for advice.

Unregistered 05-01-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152600)
Business course in UOL vs arts course in NTU/SMU, which one would u guys choose?

Ty for advice.

Pls disregard the trolls in this thread.

Firstly, what’s your career trajectory? Is it in finance or just any general graduate management programme?

If it’s the latter, you’d find choosing any major from FASS or COHASS will give you a better standing than any private uni degree. Since most grad schemes aren’t too hard pressed on your major, it pays to graduate with a higher ranked qualification.

If you’re trying to break into finance, then enrolling yourself in a quant-heavy course with SIM-UOL is a strong contender. Do note however that SIM-UOL Business Management course is not taught in the same breadth and depth as NUS BBA or by NBS. So if you’re choosing the private uni route, you ought to choose either the Banking & Finance or the Econs & Finance track.

Unregistered 05-01-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152602)

Firstly, what’s your career trajectory? Is it in finance or just any general graduate management programme?

If it’s the latter, you’d find choosing any major from FASS or COHASS will give you a better standing than any private uni degree. Since most grad schemes aren’t too hard pressed on your major, it pays to graduate with a higher ranked qualification.

If you’re trying to break into finance, then enrolling yourself in a quant-heavy course with SIM-UOL is a strong contender. Do note however that SIM-UOL Business Management course is not taught in the same breadth and depth as NUS BBA or by NBS. So if you’re choosing the private uni route, you ought to choose either the Banking & Finance or the Econs & Finance track.

I don't know what to do now.
I feel like switching to fintech. Finance and tech since that's the money maker.
Best of both world. Using tech to benefit in finance.

Unregistered 05-01-2021 10:36 AM

All should just go polytechnic la. 19 yo already ceo while still in school managing million dollar

Unregistered 05-01-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152602)

I want to break into finance specifically. Pretty much can only get into arts courses in a local U - I have zero intention of doing engineering. So yeah it's basically NUS FASS/NTU Philosophy/SMU SOSS vs SIM UOL banking and finance.

Would the perceived prestige of a local U override the relevant coursework provided by private U?

Thanks for your advice...

Unregistered 05-01-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152617)
Ok, so private sector banking still prefer a relevant private degree over local U arts degree right.

Yup. Do well for your finance mods and take up relevant internships.

Unregistered 05-01-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152617)
Ok, so private sector banking still prefer a relevant private degree over local U arts degree right.

LOL this entire thread is an echo chamber, full of SIMs rubbing each others backs. I would rather have 1 arts degree from NUS than 10 banking and finance degrees from SIM UOL.

The correct choice is to enroll in a proper university and attain a proper degree. Unless you chiobu then go SIM spread leg also can.

But otherwise NUS FASS > SIM UOL. The difference in banking and lay prestige (NUS vs private DL provider) is just too large to overcome. Even NUS BBA third class grads enjoy better prospects than SIM FCH. Take that however you want.

Unregistered 05-01-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152582)

*sends cringey hashtags*

#LocalUniPride you don't know meh?

Lose to SIM-UOL must also learn to lose graciously mah, why lose until so ugly one LOL

Unregistered 05-01-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152604)
I don't know what to do now.
I feel like switching to fintech. Finance and tech since that's the money maker.
Best of both world. Using tech to benefit in finance.

Poster sounds so dumb

Unregistered 05-01-2021 02:27 PM

Ahahaha SIM warriors coming to defend their beloved SIM uni (distance learning edition) again 😂 Very satki indeed

Daily reminder your uni's entry requirements are having a pulse 😂

#satkisimwarrior
#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 05-01-2021 02:29 PM

Ahahahahah

#AutisticLivesMatter

Unregistered 05-01-2021 02:36 PM

Daily reminder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151038)
Got quite a big difference between NUS and SIM lah... As much as we like to sh*t on local unis, NUS name carries an appreciable amount of weight especially in ASEAN.

SIM 1st class can fight with NUS 3rd class, maybe NUS 2nd lower. 2nd upper and above dont need talk already... Even valedictorian of SIM cohort will be viewed as inferior. Difference in brand name is too large.

This is coming from a SIM student btw. Not hating, just facts of life.

But please carry on defending, my satki SIM warrior 🤣

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 05-01-2021 02:43 PM

Please, brother. Keep crying pls, too funny alr. Don't ever leave us!!

#LocalUniPride #AutisticLivesMatter

Unregistered 05-01-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151359)
just report the posts to police la

good deal leh, go jail at least got free food and accom, better than being unemployed visit SIM-UOL forum 24/7 to seek validation. can bunk with his buddies on the news too sia!

#midnightgrind #nolastpostnosleep

As long as you never forget to threaten police when someone insults SIM uni (DL edition)

SIM warrior must fight for honour SIM uni (DL edition) 😂

#simdegreesmatter