Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 02:19 PM

I graduated from University of Essex, a partner of Kaplan, a private university in Singapore. I'm working as an internship now and got pay 1k :)

Unregistered 02-07-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thangtvn96 (Post 140567)
I graduated from University of Essex, a partner of Kaplan, a private university in Singapore. I'm working as an internship now and got pay 1k :)

Why are you in sim thread..

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140581)
Why are you in sim thread..

LOL my bad :)
This thread's name is "SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay"
I thought the name is "fresh grad starting pay" So embarrassing :eek:

Unregistered 03-07-2020 12:15 AM

Many SIM grads are selling insurance. Because you don’t need a degree to sell insurance + can laugh at their local uni peers for earning less than them in this pandemic. #hardtruths

Anarki95 03-07-2020 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140673)
Many SIM grads are selling insurance. Because you don’t need a degree to sell insurance + can laugh at their local uni peers for earning less than them in this pandemic. #hardtruths

That’s true bro. I have a friend who owns an investment holding company graduated from RMIT. He is a millionaire at the age of 25 years old. He started out in insurance. Close a businessman. That guy gave him an opportunity to be under his guidance. Invested in him. It’s all bout who knows you and who you know. Networking is key in ensuring success.

sinkingfeeling 13-07-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarki95 (Post 140675)
That’s true bro. I have a friend who owns an investment holding company graduated from RMIT. He is a millionaire at the age of 25 years old. He started out in insurance. Close a businessman. That guy gave him an opportunity to be under his guidance. Invested in him. It’s all bout who knows you and who you know. Networking is key in ensuring success.

So if you're a private uni grad + poor social skills, one lifetime forever finished? :(

Unregistered 14-07-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 141637)
So if you're a private uni grad + poor social skills, one lifetime forever finished? :(

Yes. Either you leave singapore. Or go geylang to provide open leg service. You only have 2 choice for survival.

Unregistered 14-07-2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarki95 (Post 140675)

a millionaire but graduated from RMIT. sad.

Alexxxxxx 15-07-2020 10:32 AM

Not all SIM grads are useless or bad like so many people make out to be. I was from SIM-UOL, got into a big 4, left after my 1st senior year & now in the private sector drawing $5.2K/month. Might not be much compared to FO in banks/tech but we all start somewhere & have our own path. Just work hard, communicate well & network. All the best everyone, be it private or local uni grad. Don't hate, just love. Life is too short too hate & bash each other. There's more to life.

Unregistered 15-07-2020 03:20 PM

Admittedly graduating from RMIT is not ideal, but try to make the best out of your situation. I would strongly encourage graduates take up temp/internships with Gov agencies, and try your best to convert to a perm staff after. I took that route, earning $13 as a temp, before converting! Current pay is around 4.2k, in the comms line. Jiayou!