Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 28-05-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135455)
What’s big 3 agency?

MDRT is lame, you can earn a million dollars but you're still low class, private uni grads

Unregistered 28-05-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135509)
MDRT is lame, you can earn a million dollars but you're still low class, private uni grads

Always amuses me how non-private uni grads feel the need to **** on private uni grads.

Why are you so insecure LOL

Unregistered 29-05-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127773)
UOL people just shut the **** up and understand the cold hard truth: yall will be in trash jobs.

Ignore the ******** spewed over the last few posts.

Why should we shut up? Don't you have better things to do instead of spending your time here?

Apparently not.

Unregistered 29-05-2020 11:43 AM

Old pte grad here, sharing my thoughts from 10 yr exp in the workforce:

hiring sentiment was similar to current climate, though it was on the up back then post GFC.

Suggest fresh grads to chart a short (1yr) and mid term (3y) career goals.
My 1y career goal was a “honeymoon period”: observe the industry + roles that interest me. More importantly, to see how the real working world operates and that’s why you can’t really do the above during schooling period. Cliche as it may be, its really not what most fresh grads (be it public/ Pte grads) perceive it to be.

3y goal was to be in a junior role based on the y1 findings. Meanwhile throw in some upskilling plans as well, be it short term courses or other skill sets. Masters and further studies may not be for everyone (at least not for me). I won’t advocate career planning beyond 5 yr; too volatile.

Specifically for Pte grads, lesser doors are open to us and it’s important to chart REALISTICALLY while maintaining some risk appetite. There is enough money (if it’s your key measure) in roles within each industry, beyond traditional glam areas. Eg IBs that people so love to discuss, yet out of reach for most.

Started @35k pa in y0, currently @150k pa, non-sales role. Not flexing (if it even qualifies one). Happy camper being the anecdotal median of my age group despite the slow start, meaning some of u will far exceed this, and much faster.

Unregistered 29-05-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132470)
Graduated from SIM UOL last year. Now MDRT as an FC in a big 3 agency. Fak NUS NTU grads

no one is being insecure, just rebutting this post.

if you have to accuse one of being insecure, maybe you are the insecure one?

Unregistered 29-05-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135625)

hiring sentiment was similar to current climate, though it was on the up back then post GFC.

My 1y career goal was a “honeymoon period”: observe the industry + roles that interest me. More importantly, to see how the real working world operates and that’s why you can’t really do the above during schooling period. Cliche as it may be, its really not what most fresh grads (be it public/ Pte grads) perceive it to be.

3y goal was to be in a junior role based on the y1 findings. Meanwhile throw in some upskilling plans as well, be it short term courses or other skill sets. Masters and further studies may not be for everyone (at least not for me). I won’t advocate career planning beyond 5 yr; too volatile.

Specifically for Pte grads, lesser doors are open to us and it’s important to chart REALISTICALLY while maintaining some risk appetite. There is enough money (if it’s your key measure) in roles within each industry, beyond traditional glam areas. Eg IBs that people so love to discuss, yet out of reach for most.

Started @35k pa in y0, currently @150k pa, non-sales role. Not flexing (if it even qualifies one). Happy camper being the anecdotal median of my age group despite the slow start, meaning some of u will far exceed this, and much faster.

you honestly sound very eloquent and intelligent. happy for your progression and thanks for the sharing!

sinkingfeeling 29-05-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135509)

It's true, I am low class trash and I always prostrate myself before my intellectual superiors :(

sinkingfeeling 29-05-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135517)
Always amuses me how non-private uni grads feel the need to **** on private uni grads.

Why are you so insecure LOL

If a Singaporean doesn't one up another Singaporean, he can't sleep well at night :(

Aka Sinkie pwn Sinkie :(

sinkingfeeling 29-05-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135625)

Got peekture? :(

Unregistered 29-05-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135648)
no one is being insecure, just rebutting this post.

if you have to accuse one of being insecure, maybe you are the insecure one?

If you are in a pte uni forum shitting on others, yet feel offended / the need to respond when someone calls you insecure, your probably are insecure lol.