Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13323-comp-science-frsh-grad-salary.html)

Unregistered 20-01-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154501)
Maybe thats why you always think fresh grads cannot deliver, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG COMPANY. Just look at the kind of fresh grads they are hiring:)

Yes cause in this small world, there is only 1 tech company. Byte dance.
Your world must be very small.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154501)
Maybe thats why you always think fresh grads cannot deliver, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG COMPANY. Just look at the kind of fresh grads they are hiring:)

Yawn small fry fresh grad small world view.
When you go to work ride mrt. Ez link. Pay fare. Mrt etc. All those tech is your company do one?
When you go home play game. Those games are developed by your company?
When you browse this lousy forum, this forum is hosted on the sever by your company?
Your company own the world wide Web?

Oh the visual studio you use to code your work, is your company guild one?
The phone you using... Is your company made one?
The Internet you use through router the driver is your company code one?
The mouse driver you use is your company do one

Your tech world is so limited to Facebook, grab, Instagram, Netflix nonsense.

Oh those animation movies, is your company make one?
You are nothing. In this world you are just a pesky insignificant student probably haven't graduate and angry at the world that you don't get paid 10k per month upon graduation

Unregistered 20-01-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154503)

Sorry boss, you fresh grad since 2009, till now still inside NCS low budget company, low increment also :)

Not sure whose world more small. Most tech people every 3-4 years jump ship.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154503)

So which department are you in anyway? You havent answer. And 10 years to promote to that level so suspicious.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154505)
Sorry boss, you fresh grad since 2009, till now still inside NCS low budget company, low increment also :)

Sure.. Yet HDB award 10 million project to ncs smart urban... I don't see HDB award 10 million to byte dance or grab.

Your world view is very small. Different company focus different business.
Some is focus on advertisement. Some on security product. Some on gaming product.

If you want to be rich just open mala hot pot branch in Singapore. That guy is the richest Singaporean right.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154505)

Doctors got so many different kind.
Family doctor. Surgeon. Eye. Cancer. Physiotherapy. Rehab.
Dentist. Orthodontics. Etc.

So you're the kind that read that oh cosmetic surgeon highest paid..
So you dedicate your whole medical career to pursue cosmetics. And to you, family doctor is beneath you.

But when you sick you see your family doctor and when they charge you 20 dollars you complain expensive...

Back to tech. So you only heard of faang so to you... All other tech company is beaneth you
When you go travel on plane. Those ticket booking etc. Process is who developed one.

When you arrive in Singapore you luggage get delivered fast and not lost. Is thanks to which company developed the luggage management systems...

News today the founder of Disney bonus cut... He still earn millions..
You're just the kind that "but I'm the best computer animator in Disney."

So? You're disposable. There will always be another computer animator who is willing to do your job at a Lower pay.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154510)
Sure.. Yet HDB award 10 million project to ncs smart urban... I don't see HDB award 10 million to byte dance or grab.

Your world view is very small. Different company focus different business.
Some is focus on advertisement. Some on security product. Some on gaming product.

If you want to be rich just open mala hot pot branch in Singapore. That guy is the richest Singaporean right.

"Your world view is very small"

This is exactly the message I want you to see. If you still can't get the message, re-read what you just said. If not, your pea brain needs to go for some education

Unregistered 20-01-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154514)

This is exactly the message I want you to see. If you still can't get the message, re-read what you just said. If not, your pea brain needs to go for some education

Your world view smaller.

Additionally, NCS's earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation rose 24.7 per cent year on year - from S$235 million in FY19 to S$293 million in FY20.

I contributed to the 10 million. One of the architect for the pre sales tender.. Guess what. My bonus also reflected.. Hehehe.

Maybe ncs rejected you so you butthurt is it.
It's okay. There are many more low budget company out there. If cannot then try small sme also can la.

Sometimes when business good. Bonus also good.
Don't be disheartened okay.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154514)

Quick. Show him your code for him to review! Then his mind will be blown away by your superb programming skills.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 02:59 PM

If I'm not wrong ncs got a new ceo or deputy ceo recently from Accenture 24 years there..

Not sure why they don't hire a fresh grad from say Facebook to be deputy ceo hor.

When you work in low budget your door open across the many low budget...

Unregistered 20-01-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154517)
If I'm not wrong ncs got a new ceo or deputy ceo recently from Accenture 24 years there..

Not sure why they don't hire a fresh grad from say Facebook to be deputy ceo hor.

When you work in low budget your door open across the many low budget...

Wah if from Facebook, first order of business will be send all managers to programming courses.
Then only programmers get good bonus. Managers. Support. Maintenance all get pissed on. Third party vendors. Sub contractors. Customers.

Then make sure every employee sign agreement that their personal data can be used by company...

Unregistered 20-01-2021 03:23 PM

No need argue la.
Fresh grad are the best.

Should get the highest pay.
Don't need experience.

Working world need to get up with the times.
Never mind book order, revenue.

We get to do our own pet project at our own pleasure.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154309)
So where are all the competent, high aptitude, easy, smart, lots of internships fresh grad github code for that simple task of mobile app broadcasting video to a chat room?

Simple yet can't deliver. That's the morale story of tech talent

Been reading this thread and this sounds really easy tbh... I fresh grad and I can do out in maybe few days...

Unregistered 20-01-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154590)
Been reading this thread and this sounds really easy tbh... I fresh grad and I can do out in maybe few days...

if u have read, u will know by now. no github code no talk.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154591)
if u have read, u will know by now. no github code no talk.

Well, ok! I love challenges, but I won't be publishing the code. I think video proof is more than enough?haha

Unregistered 21-01-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154602)
Well, ok! I love challenges, but I won't be publishing the code. I think video proof is more than enough?haha

s://j.gifs.com/E8Y3Xm.gif

I am the above user, NUS fresh grad.
I do not own any Android device but you can roughly see from the emulators.

Currently sending full frames over to each other but I know that shouldn't be the way. We should do it by the delta frames instead, that is to say, updating the frames only when there is difference. I did not do it, but I know I can do it to further improve the latency.

I also did not do 5 users concurrently in room so that they can see each other, but it is just a repetition of what I'm doing, just adding more views + identifying which data frames belong to which views. Nothing hard.

I completed this prototype in 1.5 days. :)

To that guy who got retrenched, I support the other guy (from NUS) who said he can do it, we NUS student have the ability to do it because we have experience in network programming. We know how to do things, we have the aptitude.

So what excuse do you have? It is really that simple you know.

Using the concept of a simple chat room. Instead of sending String messages, you send your webcam image frames. You really can't show anything to your boss?

Serve you right for being retrenched

Unregistered 21-01-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154642)

Currently sending full frames over to each other but I know that shouldn't be the way. We should do it by the delta frames instead, that is to say, updating the frames only when there is difference. I did not do it, but I know I can do it to further improve the latency.

I also did not do 5 users concurrently in room so that they can see each other, but it is just a repetition of what I'm doing, just adding more views + identifying which data frames belong to which views. Nothing hard.

To that guy who got retrenched, I support the other guy (from NUS) who said he can do it, we NUS student have the ability to do it because we have experience in network programming. We know how to do things, we have the aptitude.

Using the concept of a simple chat room. Instead of sending String messages, you send your webcam image frames. You really can't show anything to your boss?

I learnt something new from this project as well, something that I didn't know, thanks for the challenge btw and thanks for the knowledge!

Unregistered 21-01-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Opss, typo, should be delta pixels instead of delta frames updating or you can look at it as finding the difference between frames and transmitting the difference.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

wow, satki NUS fresh grad, you really proved everyone wrong here. NUS Computing fresh grads really good nowadays... must thank the Computing faculty.

you really own the sh1t out of that retrenched guy, he deserved it.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Hi, do you have any apps published in the PlayStore? If yes, are you interested to join us as a software engineer for Android mobile app?
We are looking to pay 85k package + stocks option + 1-3 discretionary pb.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Hi, do you have any apps published in the PlayStore? If yes, are you interested to join us as a software engineer for Android mobile app?
We are looking to pay 85k package + stocks option + 1-3 discretionary performance bonus.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154645)
wow, satki NUS fresh grad, you really proved everyone wrong here. NUS Computing fresh grads really good nowadays... must thank the Computing faculty.

you really own the sh1t out of that retrenched guy, he deserved it.

Haha typical fake fresh grad.
That one is jitsi open source code.

You just run its sample code.
As predicted fake fresh grad just know to plagiarise...

I have send this thread to the jitsi developer and also to NUS

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:35 PM

Confirmed its 1 guy impersonating as multiple people commenting on his post.

s://github.com/jitsi

Took you 1.5 days? When I did it in 1 hour for my boss?
He said the same thing to me. I don't want to see demo or #hello world.

I want it to work by last Friday already. Ready to be used by users..

So my dear friend, in case you dunno. All of us use the same world wide Web. The things you cns Google, so can we.

This is why experienced pays more than fresh grad.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154652)
We are looking to pay 85k package + stocks option + 1-3 discretionary performance bonus.

Yeah nus guy offering fake job to your own self ah.
I will report you for stealing open source code and claim you wrote it.

See you in court.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154653)
Haha typical fake fresh grad.
That one is jitsi open source code.

You just run its sample code.
As predicted fake fresh grad just know to plagiarise...

I have send this thread to the jitsi developer and also to NUS

I'm the one who posted that android app gif.
Let me clarify some stuffs to clear up your pea brain shall I?

First, what do you mean by fake fresh grad? I really don't understand that term and what message that term is trying to convey. Can your pea brain maybe enlighten me what it means?

Secondly, please know the difference between plagiarize and using someone's open source library? I did use some open source library for the Server component but it is not jitsi. Check out Netty. (s://netty.io/).

Thirdly, please know that there is a difference between someone who is competence and someone who is not. If I provide you all the resources on each of the small modules, do you know how to fix them up to create something I developed? That is competence. If you spend nights and nights copy-pasting code without modifying it to your use-case, of course it wouldn't work and you have nothing to show your boss. That is incompetence.

Lastly, open your eyes big big pls, does my app looks like it's created from jitsi? If it is, can you replicate the exact one and show me? Or you can't even do it? This kind of thing very easy, 1.5 days can finish without even using Jitsi. Somemore Jitsi is a framework targeted at such use-case right? So show me how competent you are, try to replicant what I did.

You really deserved to get retrenched.
Thx

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:44 PM

Why am I not surprised that NUS graduates plagiarism other peoples work and call it his own..

Sombody need to stomp this.. And reddit it

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154656)
Yeah nus guy offering fake job to your own self ah.
I will report you for stealing open source code and claim you wrote it.

See you in court.

Pls report then, I'm clean and did not use Jitsi :)
Anyway I have included the open source license for Netty in my github project, so no worries. Go ahead.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154652)

Hi, nope, sorry I do not have any apps published yet. I'll give it a pass

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154657)
I'm the one who posted that android app gif.
Let me clarify some stuffs to clear up your pea brain shall I?

First, what do you mean by fake fresh grad? I really don't understand that term and what message that term is trying to convey. Can your pea brain maybe enlighten me what it means?

Secondly, please know the difference between plagiarize and using someone's open source library? I did use some open source library for the Server component but it is not jitsi. Check out Netty. (s://netty.io/).

Thirdly, please know that there is a difference between someone who is competence and someone who is not. If I provide you all the resources on each of the small modules, do you know how to fix them up to create something I developed? That is competence. If you spend nights and nights copy-pasting code without modifying it to your use-case, of course it wouldn't work and you have nothing to show your boss. That is incompetence.

Lastly, open your eyes big big pls, does my app looks like it's created from jitsi? If it is, can you replicate the exact one and show me? Or you can't even do it? This kind of thing very easy, 1.5 days can finish without even using Jitsi. Somemore Jitsi is a framework targeted at such use-case right? So show me how competent you are, try to replicant what I did.

You really deserved to get retrenched.
Thx

Look back at your misleading post. No mention of open source. Wanna bluff people YOU completed the prototype. You meant to say you USE EXISTING open source and tried to pass it off as your work la.

That's why you want to take gif..

Very easy one. No github code no talk.
This is why code is king.

Got caught haha.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:51 PM

This trick I seen so many times. Including fresh grad who came to interview show us some demo app.
When we question him by showing the code..
He can't answer some simple question.. Like how to build it.
What this function do etc.

Then when he run out of lies, he finally revealed to us that its a final year project. Done by multiple people. He just worked on a small portion of it..

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154661)
Look back at your misleading post. No mention of open source. Wanna bluff people YOU completed the prototype. You meant to say you USE EXISTING open source and tried to pass it off as your work la.

That's why you want to take gif..

Very easy one. No github code no talk.
This is why code is king.

Got caught haha.

Gosh, do you know what is a prototype? You talk until so big, but sounds like those typical incompetent guy. How about I compile a list of the resources for you and you try building it?

Just build 1 prototype out and show how competent you are ok? No build no talk.

Typical useless trash lmao

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:56 PM

Nus professor challenge student to come up with a library to steaming video.

Nus students copy existing open source code. Use it and claims they completed the lab assignment...

Then when they graduate claims they are worth 10k per month.
When they don't even know how to architecture their newbie code into a framework or api or library.

This is proof why fresh grad can't deliver. Yet demands senior pay.

Fresh grad need to be humble la.
Imposter syndrome so strong in this one.
Sure make alot of enemy at work one.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154662)
This trick I seen so many times. Including fresh grad who came to interview show us some demo app.

Then when he run out of lies, he finally revealed to us that its a final year project. Done by multiple people. He just worked on a small portion of it..

Nvm, really can't talk thru your pea brain. Like the others, I'm done entertaining this monkey.

But at the same time, glad I gained new knowledge.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154664)

Nus students copy existing open source code. Use it and claims they completed the lab assignment...

When they don't even know how to architecture their newbie code into a framework or api or library.

You don't understand the concept of "Do not reinvent the wheel" do you?
You sure we don't know how to make a framework?
Don't make a fool out of yourself please, monkey

Unregistered 21-01-2021 02:09 PM

Ok be it I use other open source libraries or not, the real question is, I've managed to show you the app, it's your turn now. Can you do it?

Unregistered 21-01-2021 02:16 PM

Because at the end of the day, as long as can show something out, top management people don't care HOW the code works, the app working can liao, we pay our people when it's working.

The message I'm trying to bring across is "we fresh grad can deliver"

Just like you do grabfood, food reach the customer can liao. Customer don't care how you deliver it, be it bicycle or motorcycle.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154664)

LOOOOL which mod's lab assignment is this? Curious to know, never had such video streaming assignment before

Unregistered 21-01-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154662)

eh you talk until alot, ppl can do out liao, u can do anot? you typical trash

Unregistered 21-01-2021 02:31 PM

So the 10k per month nus grad only managed to do a pathetic launch and join only ah?

Not usable le. How can like that.

The app need to let user (possibly thousands to join into a video streaming.) so they can watch and interact with speaker.

Like this... We hire a 10k fresh grad for what arh.

No good.

At least hire a fake director sign contract can gain us 10 millions.
This one 10k per month company give out free money but get nothing of value back..

Unregistered 21-01-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154655)
Confirmed its 1 guy impersonating as multiple people commenting on his post.

s://github.com/jitsi

Took you 1.5 days? When I did it in 1 hour for my boss?
He said the same thing to me. I don't want to see demo or #hello world.

I want it to work by last Friday already. Ready to be used by users..

So my dear friend, in case you dunno. All of us use the same world wide Web. The things you cns Google, so can we.

This is why experienced pays more than fresh grad.

Show in 1 hour pls. Talk I also can, I tell you I can do in 10min.

Ppl show liao, its your turn.