Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13323-comp-science-frsh-grad-salary.html)

Unregistered 19-01-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154417)
Go write a grab app using your C lo
Oh sorry rejected. Android app is use kotlin or java.

Get wrecked.

you see, thats why you never go uni very hard for you gain experience, only know kotlin or java... haiz when you go uni, they train you to become very best, write until your app is efficient, thats why use C++ to write the backend.

You don't know when it comes to StringTokenizer or substring function of Java, it is inefficient when it comes to large quantity of Strings right? thats where you use C++ to do string manipulation and pass the results back to Java using JNI

GET WRECKED LOSER HAHAHA

I suggest you enroll into NUS, oh wait, can you even get in?

Unregistered 19-01-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Get wrecked.

really waste of my time talking to a non-uni grad who thinks he knows it all lmao, im out.

you guys can continue entertaining this monkey

Unregistered 19-01-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154421)
sadly you dun know apps can be written in C++ at the backend and communicate using JNI right?

Thats how you speed things up. Java all these for UI functionality nia...

go and unpack some packs to look at their files man.. LOL dun make a fool out of yourself..

those low-level language files are in .so extension

ops typo: "go and unpack some APKs to look at their files man.."

Unregistered 19-01-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154424)
really waste of my time talking to a non-uni grad who thinks he knows it all lmao, im out.

you guys can continue entertaining this monkey

LOL from the things he said, he really making a fool out of himself. Never do some fact check. Oh he probably can't because he will need to spend a few nights, but still cannot find out anything, just like how he can't deliver after so many nights.

Burnnnnn

Unregistered 19-01-2021 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154426)
LOL from the things he said, he really making a fool out of himself. Never do some fact check. Oh he probably can't because he will need to spend a few nights, but still cannot find out anything, just like how he can't deliver after so many nights.

Burnnnnn

Why bother entertaining him? Probably too free cause no job...

Unregistered 19-01-2021 09:46 PM

Everyone knows the absolute highest paying swe jobs are in hft and require a strong command of C/C++.

Unregistered 19-01-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154447)
Everyone knows the absolute highest paying swe jobs are in hft and require a strong command of C/C++.

Except that non-uni guy who got retrenched thinks that low-level language is useless wor.

Jokes on him man!! No skills, no linkedin, no github, only have salt

Unregistered 19-01-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Get wrecked.

Just a question... you know iOS apps written mainly in what kind of language anot?
Seriously get out of this thread if you are not from uni. You obviously don't have the skills and knowledge we learn from uni. Stop disgracing yourself.

Not sure who is owning who now

Unregistered 19-01-2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154448)
Except that non-uni guy who got retrenched thinks that low-level language is useless wor.

Jokes on him man!! No skills, no linkedin, no github, only have salt

Theres a reason why he makes 3-4k

Unregistered 20-01-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154365)
Welcome to the working world.
Where promotion is based on years of working experience not actual work.

You have much to learn grasshopper

LOOOOL not true, I promote faster than those non-scholars in my dept

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:04 AM

Fresh grad thinks skills = knowing basic programming language.

Skills = taking a basic programming language and making it into a product that generate WEALTH

So many big shot talk big high aptitude, FCH, uni etc yet None. Not one of them have ventured into the free market and sell their own app or product. If you make a good app sell it for 1 dollars. If you have 1 million download, you'll be millionaire.

Instead they spend time in this forum, bragging how great their skills are. No company will hire you la.
Lousy tech talent in Singapore

Vietnam have better tech talent and cheaper.
China also.
India also.

Singapore is just expensive book smart talent only. No real substance.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154470)

Skills = taking a basic programming language and making it into a product that generate WEALTH

So many big shot talk big high aptitude, FCH, uni etc yet None. Not one of them have ventured into the free market and sell their own app or product. If you make a good app sell it for 1 dollars. If you have 1 million download, you'll be millionaire.

Instead they spend time in this forum, bragging how great their skills are. No company will hire you la.

China also.
India also.

Literally statistics show we ARE hired and paid handsomely. Stay salty grab delivery man.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154471)
Literally statistics show we ARE hired and paid handsomely. Stay salty grab delivery man.

May I back it up with some source :)

By Average Gross Monthly Salary (in brackets are the 75th-percentile salaries)
3. NUS Bachelor of Computing (Computer Science) – $5,571 ($5,585)

Src: s://.salary.sg/2020/graduate-employment-survey-2019-published-2020/

Bachelor of Computing (Computer Science) $5,000 (Median) $5,571 (Mean) $5,585 (75th PCTL)

s://beta.moe.gov.sg/uploads/Web-Publication-NUS-GES-2019.pdf

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154473)
May I back it up with some source :)

By Average Gross Monthly Salary (in brackets are the 75th-percentile salaries)
3. NUS Bachelor of Computing (Computer Science) – $5,571 ($5,585)

Src: s://.salary.sg/2020/graduate-employment-survey-2019-published-2020/

Bachelor of Computing (Computer Science) $5,000 (Median) $5,571 (Mean) $5,585 (75th PCTL)

s://beta.moe.gov.sg/uploads/Web-Publication-NUS-GES-2019.pdf

And this is just 2019. I have friend join IBM 2020 as full stack dev getting a handsome 6.6k :)

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

China also.
India also.

Hey non-uni grad, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Yes, we do not have people that use their skills to generate wealth YET (but how do you know? maybe there is a small percentage of people doing HTF, no need create something new, just write trading algo to earn money). Also, our current uni's technopreneurship programmes in NUS/NTU are not that matured yet. Funding is not that great too, but as tech is blooming the next few years, maybe the programmes will be better, but for now, we prefer to work for big tech like Google/FB to gain more experience as well as see how it works inside (culture etc, always learn from the best).

Lastly, you always talk so big without doing a fact check. Is it because you can't?
"If you make a good app sell it for 1 dollars. If you have 1 million download, you'll be millionaire."
You obviously don't venture much in the mobile app field, maybe that's why you cmi and got fired? Apple and Google Play both take commission when end-users purchase your paid app. So you don't make $1m when you list it for 1 dollar.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154471)

Only because you are unaware of the MOM quota how many citizen to foreign employee per head count.
If the gahmen don't protect the job for you locals.

Your job will all go to the cheaper labor.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

China also.
India also.

Maybe the real no substance is just you, because you don't even have a degree, thats why lose out to FT. Then at here salty, haha

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154475)
Hey non-uni grad, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Yes, we do not have people that use their skills to generate wealth YET (but how do you know? maybe there is a small percentage of people doing HTF, no need create something new, just write trading algo to earn money). Also, our current uni's technopreneurship programmes in NUS/NTU are not that matured yet. Funding is not that great too, but as tech is blooming the next few years, maybe the programmes will be better, but for now, we prefer to work for big tech like Google/FB to gain more experience as well as see how it works inside (culture etc, always learn from the best).

Lastly, you always talk so big without doing a fact check. Is it because you can't?
"If you make a good app sell it for 1 dollars. If you have 1 million download, you'll be millionaire."
You obviously don't venture much in the mobile app field, maybe that's why you cmi and got fired? Apple and Google Play both take commission when end-users purchase your paid app. So you don't make $1m when you list it for 1 dollar.

Github code where?
Nobody going to read your wall of text whiny boy.

Write it out in code, I'll review it.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154478)
Github code where?
Nobody going to read your wall of text whiny boy.

Write it out in code, I'll review it.

What github code? No head no tail

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154479)
What github code? No head no tail

Share your code prowess in github. Want to review your code.

See your code style is beginner at best or professional level.

Can't write code. Talk to much asking for high pay

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154480)
Share your code prowess in github. Want to review your code.

See your code style is beginner at best or professional level.

Can't write code. Talk to much asking for high pay

Erm, do you not work in a tech company? We push our code to our company owned github. How to share these with you? lmao. If you are asking for personal project, nope, I don't have so much time to venture into personal projects.

What kind of code are you looking for btw? What language? What scope? What is the application about?

Unregistered 20-01-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154474)
And this is just 2019. I have friend join IBM 2020 as full stack dev getting a handsome 6.6k :)

My friend 10k le. Why your friend accept such a low paying job.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154482)

Ask your friend to show bank stamen in 2019. My friend showed his 10k aug statement in an earlier posts.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154481)
Erm, do you not work in a tech company? We push our code to our company owned github. How to share these with you? lmao. If you are asking for personal project, nope, I don't have so much time to venture into personal projects.

What kind of code are you looking for btw? What language? What scope? What is the application about?

So you're not a fresh grad.
OP was asking all this so called fresh read claim they are skilled, high aptitude can eirte low level lanagsur etc. So op want to see their code in github lo.

Then all the fresh bragger shut up.
So no code. No talk.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154482)

Erm, he NUS but maybe he second upper that's why 6.6k? where your friend work at?

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154485)
Erm, he NUS but maybe he second upper that's why 6.6k? where your friend work at?

IBM office where in Singapore.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154484)
So you're not a fresh grad.
OP was asking all this so called fresh read claim they are skilled, high aptitude can eirte low level lanagsur etc. So op want to see their code in github lo.

Then all the fresh bragger shut up.
So no code. No talk.

I consider myself fresh grad still :) 1.5 years in only. Apparently aptitude is a binary thing, nothing to do with looking at github repo. Even if they show, do you understand what they are writing? And for what purpose?

If you like to review code so much, we can join as a code auditor, but your foundation must be strong. But from the looks of it, you don't look like you have a strong foundation.

I'm pretty sure we fresh grads can write the code, but can you understand?

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154485)

LOL IBM sucks. My company tried out to use IBM lotus notes instead of Microsoft exchange I think cheaper option or so...

It's so ugly and not intuitive.... End up alot of user complain.. End up management cancelled the IBM notes after 1 year and went back to Microsoft outlook.

Must be your friend develop IBM notes. Can tell its made by fresh grad

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154487)
I consider myself fresh grad still :) 1.5 years in only. Apparently aptitude is a binary thing, nothing to do with looking at github repo. Even if they show, do you understand what they are writing? And for what purpose?

If you like to review code so much, we can join as a code auditor, but your foundation must be strong. But from the looks of it, you don't look like you have a strong foundation.

I'm pretty sure we fresh grads can write the code, but can you understand?

That's the difference between senior and fresh grad
Senior write code so human can understand.

Fresh grad write code only for computer to understand.
You work 10 years review code you'll know.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154486)
IBM office where in Singapore.

I not sure where, never really ask about it as he WFH now

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154488)
LOL IBM sucks. My company tried out to use IBM lotus notes instead of Microsoft exchange I think cheaper option or so...

It's so ugly and not intuitive.... End up alot of user complain.. End up management cancelled the IBM notes after 1 year and went back to Microsoft outlook.

Must be your friend develop IBM notes. Can tell its made by fresh grad

Erm , I wrote there previously he is full stack developer, maybe I should make it clear, full stack WEB developer.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154489)
That's the difference between senior and fresh grad
Senior write code so human can understand.

Fresh grad write code only for computer to understand.
You work 10 years review code you'll know.

Isit? So you are still a senior after 10 years? Most people move on to management path already. People after 10 years manage projects, not codes. Code review is done by same level people, peer to peer one fyi :)

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154492)
Isit? So you are still a senior after 10 years? Most people move on to management path already. People after 10 years manage projects, not codes. Code review is done by same level people, peer to peer one fyi :)

No le customer want this feature etc. I task fresh grad to gather the requirement etc.
I see the document, then I sign.

Freb grad code etc.
I review see got quality or not. Badly written code I reject.

My job very easy one la.
Then if need to design system tender etc. I already have template ready based on my past project experience...
If something new etc I just task the fresh grad to research and tell me the result.

I like to stay grounded to the code level. So when the fresh grad want to ******** me this one hard that one difficult. I say show me the code... And usually they haven't even wrote any code then its already hard

Hard so don't have to do right
Then i always tell them then we pay you for what? Pack your bag to home. We can hire another fresh grad

Seniors all want work life balance. All want to go home. Don't want stress.
Only fresh grad voluntarily stay overtime work for free we just give then 100 to 200 dollars more.. Very easy to hire fresh grad one..

But whether they can deliver or not its a different story

Unregistered 20-01-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154493)
No le customer want this feature etc. I task fresh grad to gather the requirement etc.

Freb grad code etc.

My job very easy one la.
Then if need to design system tender etc. I already have template ready based on my past project experience...
If something new etc I just task the fresh grad to research and tell me the result.

I like to stay grounded to the code level. So when the fresh grad want to ******** me this one hard that one difficult. I say show me the code... And usually they haven't even wrote any code then its already hard

Then i always tell them then we pay you for what? Pack your bag to home. We can hire another fresh grad

Only fresh grad voluntarily stay overtime work for free we just give then 100 to 200 dollars more.. Very easy to hire fresh grad one..

You obviously do not work in a tech company OR your tech company is seriously screwed up (pls expose which company it is so we can avoid).

You know that person is a fresh grad, you still task that person to go gather requirements from your client? If you want that fresh grad to do it, you should at least ask a senior (be it tech lead or project manager) to tag along so the fresh grad can learn. If you did not do that, you are the one tarnishing your company's reputation.

Code quality is peer reviewed by people who are in touch with the latest tech, but from the way you type things, that person who review the code SHOULD not be you. Again, this step will tarnish your company's rep.

You say you like to stay grounded to code level, may I know what is your position in the company? Things you say always contradict each other.

So are you really working inside a tech company or no? The people here can decide for themselves after looking at what you posted.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154493)

Freb grad code etc.

My job very easy one la.

Btw, really curious about your position and your company. It seems so different from other companies out there when I ask around.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154495)
Btw, really curious about your position and your company. It seems so different from other companies out there when I ask around.

NCS. Started from fresh grad 2009
Consultant.
Senior consultant.
Lead consultant.
Now associate director but I'm still pretty much the lead consultant for a few existing maintenance project which I developed, maintained and responsible.

Unregistered 20-01-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154497)
Consultant.
Senior consultant.
Lead consultant.
Now associate director but I'm still pretty much the lead consultant for a few existing maintenance project which I developed, maintained and responsible.

No wonder. You must be stuck with those project 2 years development. 3 years maintenance mode kind..

Unregistered 20-01-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154497)
Consultant.
Senior consultant.
Lead consultant.

Oh NCS.. The kind of fresh grad they hire is 2nd lower kind...they still pay them quite a good pay, at least I would say, for 2nd lower, still the highest among all other tech companies. Pls go check out your recently hired fresh grads and see their class honours.

Now the fresh grads WFH btw.

Heard from friend very little guidance one. Surprised that you managed to stay so long.

Anyway which dept are you in? I personally know a few people inside, Kenneth, Lancer, etc.. from the DevOps side and other depts.

Would like to hear their opinions on you. Just state department will do :)

Unregistered 20-01-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154499)
Oh NCS.. The kind of fresh grad they hire is 2nd lower kind...they still pay them quite a good pay, at least I would say, for 2nd lower, still the highest among all other tech companies. Pls go check out your recently hired fresh grads and see their class honours.

Now the fresh grads WFH btw.

Heard from friend very little guidance one. Surprised that you managed to stay so long.

Anyway which dept are you in? I personally know a few people inside, Kenneth, Lancer, etc.. from the DevOps side and other depts.

Would like to hear their opinions on you. Just state department will do :)

Maybe thats why you always think fresh grads cannot deliver, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG COMPANY. Just look at the kind of fresh grads they are hiring:)

Unregistered 20-01-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154501)
Maybe thats why you always think fresh grads cannot deliver, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG COMPANY. Just look at the kind of fresh grads they are hiring:)

I'm not sure how fresh grad can deliver.
If the same programing task in school lab assignment also can't finish in 2 weeks.
How on earth can the same fresh grab finish the same task in 2 weeks in working world?

If can't do, is can't do de. Your honor only tell me you did well on the exam.
It doesn't tell me you have the expertise to design and build and enterprise system with no downtime... E.g. Luggage management system in airport? Can you design and build that system? Or lead a team to develop it.

It's very simple bag come in. Track the tag. Track the movement. Algorithm figure out its destination. Interface with another system to move the bags...

How do you handle fault tolerant? So that bag don't go missing.
How you design such system so that if anything happen, admin user can track and figure out the bag.
How you build and design such a system so that the bag takes the shortest route and doesn't miss the plan... Recovery how...