Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 06-08-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179460)

guess they are probably earning more than you now? stop being so shortsighted

LOL none of them are from UBS SUPER. Most from the GTP FO. And why got someone not even in UBS here?

Perhaps the Lazard guy mayyyyyy be from SUPER but didn’t someone said he’s from the GTP earlier? Anyway given his profile I wouldn’t bet he’s from UBS SUPER either.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179470)
These two how? Inflate titles or real?

Inflate cfm. Have someone inside UBS who told me thats why I know.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179471)
LOL none of them are from UBS SUPER. Most from the GTP FO. And why got someone not even in UBS here?

Perhaps the Lazard guy mayyyyyy be from SUPER but didn’t someone said he’s from the GTP earlier? Anyway given his profile I wouldn’t bet he’s from UBS SUPER either.

GTP starts in July. SUPER in oct.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 05:09 PM

legit impressive if there was rly a conversion from
SGUT to FO. recall such positions were extremely competitive even among the biz school dean’s listers/case comp winners

Unregistered 06-08-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179474)
GTP starts in July. SUPER in oct.

SUPER started July this year. Your point being?

Unregistered 06-08-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179471)

You are not even in UBS how would you even know LMAO

Unregistered 06-08-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179482)
You are not even in UBS how would you even know LMAO

Just use your brain la. Aren’t you aware their graduate program is called graduate trainee program? That’s one way if differentiating. Another way of differentiating is look at their profiles. Most are with FO exp previously in big shops/banks/swf - you think they really have to settle for $2500? See what I mean by having titles stated in your contracts? These real FO lads did (e.g. Graduate Trainee - emphasis on graduate, these are ppl actually in GTP). Only can expect SGUT to be shameless enough to put “Investment Banking” all.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179481)
SUPER started July this year. Your point being?

Those listed start in oct last year. So under the traineeship. Not GTP. That’s my point.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:08 PM

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking LMAO. Have fun coming up with your own assumptions. GTP for 2020 starts in July, look at their starting date. Get your facts right before coming here with your nonsense. 4/5 "GTP" leaving in less than 1 year from their 2 years "GTP" program?

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179484)
Just use your brain la. Aren’t you aware their graduate program is called graduate trainee program? That’s one way if differentiating. Another way of differentiating is look at their profiles. Most are with FO exp previously in big shops/banks/swf - you think they really have to settle for $2500? See what I mean by having titles stated in your contracts? These real FO lads did (e.g. Graduate Trainee - emphasis on graduate, these are ppl actually in GTP). Only can expect SGUT to be shameless enough to put “Investment Banking” all.

You are the brainless one. 2020 is a tough time for fresh grads - of course some don’t mind taking up the traineeship even with a bunch of internships already under their belt. It’s very much like an extended internship which is typical for people trying to break into FO. The list provided are all SUPER trainees because they start in oct 2020. Yet some even put graduate trainee in their title hence the issue of title inflation. Graduate Trainees strictly refer to those in the GTP.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179486)
Obviously you have no idea what you are talking LMAO. Have fun coming up with your own assumptions. GTP for 2020 starts in July, look at their starting date. Get your facts right before coming here with your nonsense. 4/5 "GTP" leaving in less than 1 year from their 2 years "GTP" program?

My god. You realised its very common for people to leave during the graduate program right? I, myself, only need to provide 2 weeks notice at the bank I am at. Calm down and drop your shameless titles, there’s no need to get so defensive.

Just for argument’s sake - have you interned in a FO function @ both a BB and a large state investor before you decide to join UBS SUPER due to its stellar 2.5k/m salary? Yup, that’s what I thought. My question can also be rephrased as such: what is your profile and your batchmates profiles prior to joining SUPER?

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179486)

Let me break it down for you since you have reading comprehension issues. Ixxx Txxxx starts in Oct 2020. My point is she is not under GTP (graduate program) - she’s under SUPER program yet she brands herself as a graduate trainee. Now got it?

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179488)
My god. You realised its very common for people to leave during the graduate program right? I, myself, only need to provide 2 weeks notice at the bank I am at. Calm down and drop your shameless titles, there’s no need to get so defensive.

Just for argument’s sake - have you interned in a FO function @ both a BB and a large state investor before you decide to join UBS SUPER due to its stellar 2.5k/m salary? Yup, that’s what I thought. My question can also be rephrased as such: what is your profile and your batchmates profiles prior to joining SUPER?

realise*

10char

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Their background? JP Morgan IB and Temasek are just some examples.

Just for argument's sake - I did intern at a FO function at a BB and has left early this year from the program. What about you? Why not post your profile here instead of trying to argue with individuals who was previously from the program. Shameless title or not, they are still doing analyst work below market rate.

IB or WM is just the "function" that they are under, what is wrong? Did they put titles like analyst/associate? I dont think so. FYI, the compensation is different for IB trainees.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

I left earlier this year, and my batchmate profile? JPM FO and Temasek. What about you? Why not you show us your profile? I don't see anything wrong with anyone's profile regardless of what they put. Ultimately, they are indeed in that function and how is that misrepresenting anything? Did they put like Analyst, Associate, VP?

Unregistered 06-08-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179492)
I left earlier this year, and my batchmate profile? JPM FO and Temasek. What about you? Why not you show us your profile? I don't see anything wrong with anyone's profile regardless of what they put. Ultimately, they are indeed in that function and how is that misrepresenting anything? Did they put like Analyst, Associate, VP?

You are telling me they are doing Investment Banking and Global Wealth Management? And why are you so worried about my profile? I’m not a SGUT touting IB and GWM lmao. Link your profile and your batchmates profiles leh. JPM FO and Temasek go do 2.5k SUPER, I want see, legit.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 08:53 PM

Everyone just stop replying to that salty person. You can never change his mind. We will all meet toxic elitist people in life and we should just ignore them. Stop feeding them.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179499)
Everyone just stop replying to that salty person. You can never change his mind. We will all meet toxic elitist people in life and we should just ignore them. Stop feeding them.

it’s not just him lol. who the hell likes ppl who inflate their trainees? esp to the extent of a sgunited trainee claiming he’s in ib or wm

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179502)
it’s not just him lol. who the hell likes ppl who inflate their trainees? esp to the extent of a sgunited trainee claiming he’s in ib or wm

Are they not doing IB or WM work? Don’t be so childish. Pretty sure you are not even in this industry working. Profiles? Just see previous post.

/.linkedin.com/in/aaronlim1

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179508)
Are they not doing IB or WM work? Don’t be so childish. Pretty sure you are not even in this industry working. Profiles? Just see previous post.

/.linkedin.com/in/aaronlim1

this guy doesnt look like a trainee

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179502)

whatever it is, just stop replying him. do everyone a favour and ignore that jerk

Unregistered 07-08-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179492)

They just conveniently put Investment Banking and Global Wealth Mgmt whilst omitting trainee, contract, UBS SUPER altogether. Just imagine, 2.5k running M&A deals and talking to clients on the trading floor. Really damn upz sia! And they so nice sial, BB FO + Temasek profile go earn 2.5k, pang chance to the rest of us. Very noble!

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179521)
They just conveniently put Investment Banking and Global Wealth Mgmt whilst omitting trainee, contract, UBS SUPER altogether. Just imagine, 2.5k running M&A deals and talking to clients on the trading floor. Really damn upz sia! And they so nice sial, BB FO + Temasek profile go earn 2.5k, pang chance to the rest of us. Very noble!

do you feel sad and lonely that you are getting ignored?

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179644)
do you feel sad and lonely that you are getting ignored?

do you feel lonely and sad that you are in the program?

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:09 PM

yes i do. but im investment banker and wealth manager, idc what the rest of you have to say! 2.5k huat ah!!

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179645)
do you feel lonely and sad that you are in the program?

so many in the program, why lonely

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179648)
so many in the program, why lonely

not many grads ar earning 2.5k though. got to feel lonely right?

Unregistered 09-08-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179651)

Pathetic, no one entertaining you

Unregistered 09-08-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179651)

Bottom of the barrel lor

Unregistered 10-08-2021 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179713)
Bottom of the barrel lor

Which draught beer is the best after work guys

Unregistered 11-08-2021 07:31 PM

To the new batch of SGUT, how has the past month been? Do you all get to see all the toxic and egoistic full-timers?

Unregistered 11-08-2021 08:40 PM

Yes. Distaste shown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158820)
For those looking to apply this year, I'd say dont't bother. Chances of converting into a full time role is almost 0. Majority of you aren't going to get licensed so will likely be relegated to worthless tasks like generating reports and data entry. Salary is also low too.

Granted the people are nice but there is a general distaste for the program by existing trainees and even their full time employees. If you want to be low cost labor for a year, then maybe this is for you

Source: am going through it now.

Unregistered 11-08-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179897)
Yes. Distaste shown.

I’m asking the new trainees, not you. Don’t be an an idiot by quoting another post. Already read it

Unregistered 12-08-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179903)
I’m asking the new trainees, not you. Don’t be an an idiot by quoting another post. Already read it

I am a new trainee echoing the posts by my seniors. Don’t call me idiot leh, already got same treatment in UBS liao

Unregistered 12-08-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179765)
Which draught beer is the best after work guys

Any beer is good except for the UBS SUPER Beer. It's bottom of the barrel and has a high sodium content due to the salty tears left by trainees

Unregistered 13-08-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179892)
To the new batch of SGUT, how has the past month been? Do you all get to see all the toxic and egoistic full-timers?

It really depends on the division that you are in.
So far my team has been great and everyone else in the division. Hierarchy is really flat here and they place great emphasis on collaboration

Unregistered 13-08-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180007)
It really depends on the division that you are in.
So far my team has been great and everyone else in the division. Hierarchy is really flat here and they place great emphasis on collaboration

Lol what is your division? Don’t tell me you’re from the HR...

Unregistered 13-08-2021 07:01 PM

Anyone applied for the GTP 2022 Programme and did the online recorded interview alr?

Unregistered 13-08-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180040)
Anyone applied for the GTP 2022 Programme and did the online recorded interview alr?

what did you apply to? given that the application has just open for gtp, i dont think replies are that quick.

Unregistered 14-08-2021 01:03 AM

Oh so the recorded video interview isnt automated? Cos i thought if u pass the numerical test and cultural appraisal u will automatically get the email for the recorded video interview. Not sure tbh