Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179298)
Can we stop acting like 2.5k vs 10k is a big diff? Even if you earn 300k a year you are still gonna take 5 years without eating or paying taxes to buy a decent sized condo for your family. Unless you are cool with a studio apartment for your wife and kids. Oh yeah and don’t for get it excludes your Maserati. Direct your anger at inflationary pressures and full fledged careless monetary policies please.

I think what this guy is saying is that doesn’t matter if you earn 2.5k or 10k, even if you earn 300k you still aren’t exactly rich unless you can earn that sum in real terms even when you are 100. I, too, think that people should not inflate their jobs, but the topic about SGUT vs FT ain’t worth a 50+ thread of toxicity. Better to put our mind on solving global issues like inflationary pressures and monetary policies.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179351)
MO/BO both equally useless. These SUPER trainees are also trash but IMO if they do 1 yr exp there still better prospects than those perm MO BO analyst.

Nonsense IMO. Compliance (BO) in CS already pays $4k which is more than 50% vs SUPER Trainees.

The SUPER program has been running since 2020 so the 1st batch would have graduated by now or will be graduating soon. Even if they haven't graduated, if they've got the required requisite for FO Banking than they would have jumped even before their SUPER contracts are up, there's no handcuffs tying SUPER trainees to their contracts unlike the real OG FT IB or GWM analysts. Where are these prospects that you speak of? Why is it that we can't find them on Linkedin?

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179377)
Nonsense IMO. Compliance (BO) in CS already pays $4k which is more than 50% vs SUPER Trainees.

The SUPER program has been running since 2020 so the 1st batch would have graduated by now or will be graduating soon. Even if they haven't graduated, if they've got the required requisite for FO Banking than they would have jumped even before their SUPER contracts are up, there's no handcuffs tying SUPER trainees to their contracts unlike the real OG FT IB or GWM analysts. Where are these prospects that you speak of? Why is it that we can't find them on Linkedin?

chill ah bro, that poster is probably a sgut. by the way, mo/bo for BB grad programs pay 4k to 5k, common knowledge. iirc, an acquaintance of mine got converted after super to do ops, but she only drawing 3.5k. ubs ops gtp starts @ 4.4 and with program increment, 1 year later should be close to 4.8-5 so still got drastic diff

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179375)
I think what this guy is saying is that doesn’t matter if you earn 2.5k or 10k, even if you earn 300k you still aren’t exactly rich unless you can earn that sum in real terms even when you are 100. I, too, think that people should not inflate their jobs, but the topic about SGUT vs FT ain’t worth a 50+ thread of toxicity. Better to put our mind on solving global issues like inflationary pressures and monetary policies.

LOL you're clearly the same person. Why do you have to talk about inflationary pressures and monetary policies if you're not the same person? Why the lengthy response time (took you a day to craft out an answer), trying to shift goalposts?

The point is simple, if you're FO banking, you don't have to worry about your salaries not keeping up with inflation. If you're making 2.5k per month, perhaps you have to worry. Long-term inflation has always been targeted at 2% per annum, if it rises beyond that, that's when the Central Banks would intervene to keep it below 2%. MNCs would typically account for this and give 2-3% increment every year even if you perform the same or badly (if you're not fired yet). Going back to Banking, GS just announced a 10-15% pay bump for their analysts and this is in response to other banks doing likewise. Granted this is due to the intense competition for talents (oh the irony in this thread) but tell me when would someone making 2.5k ever receive a 10% bump for no particular reason at all?

Of course, 300k is not going to get you your bungalows or sports car but it is comfortable upper-middle class living. We talk about real wages here becauase MNCs has already accounted for that so what makes you think they'll still pay $300k 70-80 years later?

There's a reason why inequality is growing throughout the world, that's because the rich gets richer while the poor lags behind with inflationary pressures and stagnant wages.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:56 PM

Come on, coming to a thread like this to solve big issues like inflationary pressures and monetary policies? Who do you think you are? Even Investment Bankers doesn't have such arrogance and such motherhood thinking.

I'll like to see you change the world for one rather than shooting your mouth off like you do here.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179379)
chill ah bro, that poster is probably a sgut. by the way, mo/bo for BB grad programs pay 4k to 5k, common knowledge. iirc, an acquaintance of mine got converted after super to do ops, but she only drawing 3.5k. ubs ops gtp starts @ 4.4 and with program increment, 1 year later should be close to 4.8-5 so still got drastic diff

Well I'm not going to comment much based on your personal anecdote but i'll just say that it's just based off a sample size of 1 and can hardly be applied to all SGUT trainees. I write about what I see on Linkedin *(which has a larger sample size) and this can be seen by everyone else so they can decide for myself. I don't see any on Linkedin, thus my judgement based on the Linkedin sample size.

I'm not personally angry or anything but I think it's highly irresponsible to try and potray a situation which is quite contrary to what I see on Linkedin. There are young undergraduates in this thread who's gonna think that there is an opportunity for conversion, sign that SGUT contract and only realise that the odds for conversion are not what they believe it to be. What happens if these undergraduates' decisions are contigent on what they see in this thread? Are these SGUT people going to be responsible for screwing over someone else's life?

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179383)
Well I'm not going to comment much based on your personal anecdote but i'll just say that it's just based off a sample size of 1 and can hardly be applied to all SGUT trainees. I write about what I see on Linkedin *(which has a larger sample size) and this can be seen by everyone else so they can decide for myself. I don't see any on Linkedin, thus my judgement based on the Linkedin sample size.

I'm not personally angry or anything but I think it's highly irresponsible to try and potray a situation which is quite contrary to what I see on Linkedin. There are young undergraduates in this thread who's gonna think that there is an opportunity for conversion, sign that SGUT contract and only realise that the odds for conversion are not what they believe it to be. What happens if these undergraduates' decisions are contigent on what they see in this thread? Are these SGUT people going to be responsible for screwing over someone else's life?

This program not good meh? Title can change to “Investment Banking” and “Global Wealth Management” 🤣

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179375)

you must be joking. Do you know how much more you can do with 200-300k than 2.5?
Putting your personal indulgence aside, the amount of policies you can insure for yourself and your loved ones, the quality of life you can provide for your loved ones. Do you know how much faster I can pay off my mortgages and pool the rest of the resources to my investment. Let's be real - the endgame for 99% of the working professionals is to build a strong and reliable retirement nest egg. Solving global issues? Then go run for a political office and start making REAL changes - not banks. Even the folks at ESG also don't make stupid comments like this.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179384)
This program not good meh? Title can change to “Investment Banking” and “Global Wealth Management” 🤣

I understand it's a light-hearted joke but I don't wish to wade into that. 😂

I think there are a lot of legitimate questions that are left unanswered and most posts are without substantiation. I try to provide mine by referring people to Linkedin so that they can decide for themselves. It's just that people really need to be more discerning on what they read online, most other posts are just nonsenscial.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 09:19 PM

Didn’t participate in this banter before but fyi I found someone on LinkedIn - working in Lazard FT now after doing SGUT

Unregistered 05-08-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179390)
Didn’t participate in this banter before but fyi I found someone on LinkedIn - working in Lazard FT now after doing SGUT

He's my friend. He was a Graduate Trainee (GTP) with UBS who hopped on to Lazard because they offered 12k.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179391)
He's my friend. He was a Graduate Trainee (GTP) with UBS who hopped on to Lazard because they offered 12k.

In other words different breed from SUPER trainees

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

OIC I thought he was a super trainee as his LinkedIn indicated contract which is atypical. And usually those in GTP don’t put trainee as their title.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179402)
OIC I thought he was a super trainee as his LinkedIn indicated contract which is atypical. And usually those in GTP don’t put trainee as their title.

Seems like SGUT. GTP starts in Jul, SUPER starts in Oct.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179402)

His Linkedin does not indicate contract, check again. There are 2 types in UBS. The 1st is trainees or SUPER Trainees and the 2nd type is Graduate Talents (GTP) or Graduate Trainees. It's unfortunate that they can be easily mixed up especially those new or outside finance, which is why this thread has been flaming. I don't think the full-time GTP talents who place their bios as Trainees know that they're easily mixed in with the SUPER Trainees crowd because these SUPER Trainees tend to omit the SUPER in their job titles.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179405)
His Linkedin does not indicate contract, check again. There are 2 types in UBS. The 1st is trainees or SUPER Trainees and the 2nd type is Graduate Talents (GTP) or Graduate Trainees. It's unfortunate that they can be easily mixed up especially those new or outside finance, which is why this thread has been flaming. I don't think the full-time GTP talents who place their bios as Trainees know that they're easily mixed in with the SUPER Trainees crowd because these SUPER Trainees tend to omit the SUPER in their job titles.

You just view his profile via browser? If you check in LinkedIn app then it will indicate contract. Or does that only show up for certain people due to privacy settings? I mean I used to work in ubs so maybe 2nd connections that’s why?

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179406)
You just view his profile via browser? If you check in LinkedIn app then it will indicate contract. Or does that only show up for certain people due to privacy settings? I mean I used to work in ubs so maybe 2nd connections that’s why?

Could be. I'll be shocked if he was on contract, he used to intern in several big and medium size Buy-side firms as you know. For him to fall from such a high pedestal would be quite difficult to comprehend.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:49 PM

Though I just remembered it could be a practice by Investment Banks. I remember CS giving their IB Analysts 2 year contracts (not sure if it's still around) nd I believe JPM or GS used to do that until they abolished that practice about 10 or more years ago. Not sure if UBS holds on to this 2-year contract practice.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 03:23 AM

Ex-trainee here and have heard those IB trainee have all converted or had found roles in BB like Barclays, Citi and Lazard earning 5 digits per month. Most of the trainees here are high calibre individuals that doesnt differ much from GTP although there are definitely donkeys here

Unregistered 06-08-2021 04:30 AM

if you are not part of the program plz dont assume. i am currently with the IB team and the compensation is different from the WM side although not as high as the full time. you think its easy to enter? juz go and look up some IB trainee this batch on linkedin and their background (Nxxxxxxx Axxxxx, Nxxxxxxx Mxxxxxx, Axxxx Txxxx, Jxxxxx, Jxx Wxx L)

Unregistered 06-08-2021 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179422)
Ex-trainee here and have heard those IB trainee have all converted or had found roles in BB like Barclays, Citi and Lazard earning 5 digits per month. Most of the trainees here are high calibre individuals that doesnt differ much from GTP although there are definitely donkeys here

Saw on Linkedin 1 of the Trainee went to BNP as a sales trader couple of days ago

Unregistered 06-08-2021 07:30 AM

Dont talk so much nonsense la. Link legit profiles of SUPER trainees not GTP. In the meantime, drop those misleading titles if “Investment Banking” and “Global Wealth Management”. You are earning $2500 out of uni for god’s sake.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 08:50 AM

What makes you think I am talking nonsense? I can attest the "Investment Banking" is earning more compared you in your SGUT in other firm. Stop talking like you are part of the program, or are you? If u can lurk around here why not you just do a simple search on Linkedin? You can just just search for sales trader bnp, analyst lazard, citi and barclays.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179429)
Dont talk so much nonsense la. Link legit profiles of SUPER trainees not GTP. In the meantime, drop those misleading titles if “Investment Banking” and “Global Wealth Management”. You are earning $2500 out of uni for god’s sake.

Are you worried because your SGUT don't allow you to put those titles or you are worried of their capabilities to compete in the same job search after your SGUT ends? I don't think any of the "real GTP" will have to stoop to this level, discussing on this topic on a forum. Guess your contract probably just ended and you have too much time to spare.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179423)
if you are not part of the program plz dont assume. i am currently with the IB team and the compensation is different from the WM side although not as high as the full time. you think its easy to enter? juz go and look up some IB trainee this batch on linkedin and their background (Nxxxxxxx Axxxxx, Nxxxxxxx Mxxxxxx, Axxxx Txxxx, Jxxxxx, Jxx Wxx L)

so are you presenting yourself as an FTE in UBS IB, just like what everyone is saying? Curious.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:20 AM

s://.linkedin.com/in/jasonganse

investment banker kym

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:23 AM

s://.linkedin.com/in/ryygxnze

gLoBaL mArKetS TrAinEe. i guess his cv speaks volume on how selective this programme is

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:27 AM

s://.linkedin.com/in/teobingqiang

damn must be so tough to get in.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179443)
s://.linkedin.com/in/teobingqiang

damn must be so tough to get in.

u damn cb. they know they did not graduate from a reputable university so its difficult to enter a GP. some don't even have banking experience but would like to experience a bank at a lower salary. but here you are mocking them? wtf you're so disgusting. you're mocking people that are trying to do something about their career.
the people you posted above arent even the ones who mislead others by indicating theyre a FT employee which how this toxicity started. now even though they mentioned "trainee" in their linkedin, youre mocking them. shame on you. absolute filth.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 11:55 AM

Just don’t fake it. It’s damn cringe. Barriers to entry for SGUT is low, everyone knows it. Not saying theres anything wrong with SGUT but please dont go around telling people you are a big shot “banker” on 2500/mth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179039)
highly doubt these ib/wm wannabes wish to be shamed further. the very fact that they have to step FO goes to show that they understand how difficult/prestigious it is. earn it, don’t fake it. tks.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179451)
Just don’t fake it. It’s damn cringe. Barriers to entry for SGUT is low, everyone knows it. Not saying theres anything wrong with SGUT but please dont go around telling people you are a big shot “banker” on 2500/mth.

Don’t be an arrogant prick. No one is showing off or telling people they are a big shot “banker” only you assuming they are. Shame on you.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179457)
Don’t be an arrogant prick. No one is showing off or telling people they are a big shot “banker” only you assuming they are. Shame on you.

Shame on me for what exactly? For calling out people who put “Investment Banking” and “Global Wealth Management” as their titles when they are SUPER trainees drawing 2.5k? If you want to educate someone on shame, perhaps you should start with people like them.
No one is showing off - yeah, right.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 02:03 PM

guess they are probably earning more than you now? stop being so shortsighted

Unregistered 06-08-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Lol your friend. U know his salary but dk he did SGUT. Ok.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 02:37 PM

Stop overcompensating. All this debate started because most of your batchmates are shameless. Bottom line, UBS SUPER is pretty much a low-cost labour program with low barriers to entry. Period. Investment bankers? Please.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 02:39 PM

I get why SGUTs in this program would want to play up their statuses, but seriously consider the below

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179383)

Unregistered 06-08-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179460)

guess they are probably earning more than you now? stop being so shortsighted

Was the person who mentioned the Lazard analyst yesterday. I must say with the exception of him, the rest pretty much upsell or misrepresented their positions, especially those who put “Graduate Trainee” (Andre lim, Imran Taleb) which I understand only applies to those in GTP. Kind of lying outright. Having said that, some in the list actually have pretty good track record but were unfortunately caught in the bad market last year

Unregistered 06-08-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179466)
Was the person who mentioned the Lazard analyst yesterday. I must say with the exception of him, the rest pretty much upsell or misrepresented their positions, especially those who put “Graduate Trainee” (Andre lim, Imran Taleb) which I understand only applies to those in GTP. Kind of lying outright. Having said that, some in the list actually have pretty good track record but were unfortunately caught in the bad market last year

Is there proof that they’re not in GTP? If not you’re being unfair by posting their names and profile here

Unregistered 06-08-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179467)
Is there proof that they’re not in GTP? If not you’re being unfair by posting their names and profile here

I am an ex-trainee and I can confirm that and the extra compensation that IB is getting (for the benefit of other lurkers in the thread). Why not you drop them the question on Linkedin instead of questioning on this forum? None of them upsell during interviews, everyone in the FS industry, at least the BB, knows about the program. Linkedin is just a marketing tool, why are people so bothered about that lmao

Unregistered 06-08-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179026)
be durian seller or insorlan also better than ubs super. yes, you just got called out. Henry DD, Dong ZX and the whole lot.

spam posting wouldn’t help cover up the expose of how shameless some of you are.

These two how? Inflate titles or real?