Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 31-12-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237958)
Just received CISSP certification. 3 years in soc 1 year in consulting doing controls reviews. Have a degree and majored in cyber Currently drawing 4k. Thinking of either sticking in risk or exploring threat intel as next option.

When it comes to my next pay, how much can I request in my next role should I leave my current role. Think I’m being severely underpaid

You know you're underpaid when even fresh grads with no certs are getting >4 5k in public sector tech agencies (govtech, csa, dsta, htx), which are alr notorious for below market salary.

Unregistered 06-03-2023 02:45 AM

AVP role at Citi

Hey guys, currently at the HR round for Citi and seeking advice on expected salary for an AVP position in their cybersecurity team

28 this year, at a big 4 as an associate drawing 4k a month (crazy low) and have about 5 years of experience in cybersecurity including SOC in NS.

I am CISSP certified and am thinking what is a reasonable ask in terms of salary. In mycareersfuture it was listed as $8-13k so would a 117k/year (9k base pay) be too far fetched to ask? What would I be expected to offer? I hope they won’t just offer me a 20% bump cos I am already earning below the market

Unregistered 08-03-2023 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237963)
Big 4 hahaha 🫠

wow... salute u for ur loyalty to your B4 company.. altho you know that you are underpaid.
are you in a greener place now? :)

Unregistered 09-03-2023 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241825)
wow... salute u for ur loyalty to your B4 company.. altho you know that you are underpaid.
are you in a greener place now? :)

probably went into another bigger hole

Unregistered 12-03-2023 10:09 AM

Whoever wants to start a career in cyber can consider CSA’s Cyber Security Development Programme, July intake

Unregistered 12-03-2023 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237965)
You know you're underpaid when even fresh grads with no certs are getting >4 5k in public sector tech agencies (govtech, csa, dsta, htx), which are alr notorious for below market salary.

You don't anyhow, govtech starting salary for fresh graduates is 6k+ not 4-5k.
Unless they pay private uni graduates differently, There is no way govtech pays 4-5k for cyber security full time roles.

Unregistered 12-03-2023 10:43 PM

private uni is like that 1, ppl see u no upz.

Unregistered 13-03-2023 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241674)
Hey guys, currently at the HR round for Citi and seeking advice on expected salary for an AVP position in their cybersecurity team

28 this year, at a big 4 as an associate drawing 4k a month (crazy low) and have about 5 years of experience in cybersecurity including SOC in NS.

I am CISSP certified and am thinking what is a reasonable ask in terms of salary. In mycareersfuture it was listed as $8-13k so would a 117k/year (9k base pay) be too far fetched to ask? What would I be expected to offer? I hope they won’t just offer me a 20% bump cos I am already earning below the market

You should ask for 6 K, they will match up with market level because they appreciate you are not a people so greedy! and 6K will also make you standing out from the other applicants.

Unregistered 13-03-2023 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241674)

Why did you apply as associate and accept 4k as salary when you have 3 years working experience. 3 years can be senior associate level already

Unregistered 29-03-2023 05:01 PM

boring dead thread