Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 12-11-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234691)
Hi all, may I know what is the salary range and overall expectations for local consulting companies? Saw online some examples are horangi, wizlynx, trustwave and ensign. Is there any comparisons for those listed above or are they very similar?

it depend on your exp and the certification which you have. do you have crt, cct or ccsas?

Unregistered 12-11-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234705)
it depend on your exp and the certification which you have. do you have crt, cct or ccsas?

Thanks for the reply, I am graduating soon with a CS degree and I have the OSCP, from what I know this is probably the bare minimum to get hired

Unregistered 12-11-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234708)
Thanks for the reply, I am graduating soon with a CS degree and I have the OSCP, from what I know this is probably the bare minimum to get hired

Unless you have the above mention, a starter even with oscp have nothing much of a advantage to get good package cos everyone have oscp in those that you mentioned. Just Join anyone of them and get the exp and cert I mentioned then you can get a better offer soon

Unregistered 12-11-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234691)
Hi all, may I know what is the salary range and overall expectations for local consulting companies? Saw online some examples are horangi, wizlynx, trustwave and ensign. Is there any comparisons for those listed above or are they very similar?

You can check online and their job postings.

The salaries are all listed there clearly. Same for Nodeflair website.

You don't need any certificate or whatever, I don't know what's that guy talking about, certs don't decide how much you get paid. I know cause I work in local consulting myself.

Unregistered 12-11-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234715)
You can check online and their job postings.

The salaries are all listed there clearly. Same for Nodeflair website.

You don't need any certificate or whatever, I don't know what's that guy talking about, certs don't decide how much you get paid. I know cause I work in local consulting myself.

what i meant is even with oscp or no cert, you dun get much different in term of salary as a freshgrad, so dun need to expect or choose so much. Cert does matter in the future, when he change job for a more senior role or ask for more money.

Unregistered 13-11-2022 05:31 PM

UOL first class. I got take part in CTFs and know how to hack using armitage, armed with CEH. What kind of pay can I expect to get?

Unregistered 13-11-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234777)
UOL first class. I got take part in CTFs and know how to hack using armitage, armed with CEH. What kind of pay can I expect to get?

I hope you're joking but if this is serious please leave the part about armitage off your resume

Unregistered 15-11-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234811)
I hope you're joking but if this is serious please leave the part about armitage off your resume

why, what is wrong with armitage.

Unregistered 20-11-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234886)

Use metaploit ok.....then still use metasploit with GUI somemore...

Unregistered 26-11-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234886)

I think even in infosec degree programmes in local unis, profs will discourage or even taunt you (in a friendly way ofc) for using GUI 😂