Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 24-03-2022 01:50 PM

anyone tried applying UOB Technology Development Programme 2022?

Unregistered 03-04-2022 08:14 AM

420k per annum as a FAANG security engineer at age 32. Local uni grad. I interview for candidates across Asia Pacific who are paid 240-420k. Feel free to ask me anything.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211953)
420k per annum as a FAANG security engineer at age 32. Local uni grad. I interview for candidates across Asia Pacific who are paid 240-420k. Feel free to ask me anything.

how do you know the people whom you interview are being paid less than you?? :)

Momonga 03-04-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

I am a fresh graduate who recently starting working in a cyber security company. I'm interested in a breadth of domains of cyber security and am slowly trying to gain as much technical knowledge as possible. Thankful my company enables easy switch between its teams and would ensure I can experience multiple roles. what advice do you have for such a person, who strives to reach a position such as yourself? Thank you very much for your help!

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momonga (Post 212072)
I am a fresh graduate who recently starting working in a cyber security company. I'm interested in a breadth of domains of cyber security and am slowly trying to gain as much technical knowledge as possible. Thankful my company enables easy switch between its teams and would ensure I can experience multiple roles. what advice do you have for such a person, who strives to reach a position such as yourself? Thank you very much for your help!

u join N sign ah?

Unregistered 04-04-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212117)
u join N sign ah?

heard this coy just throw you under the bus and figure out yourself

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212121)
heard this coy just throw you under the bus and figure out yourself

wow. how about ant see as or as tee

Unregistered 04-04-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212169)
wow. how about ant see as or as tee

Every where same , swim yourself.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

How u nego for that amount?

Unregistered 05-04-2022 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212286)
How u nego for that amount?

Not much negotiation frankly. Just prove you're competent and the companies will pay. The hr and management knows how much the market is paying. I've 10+ cybersecurity certs (all the gold standards) and have always been in big tech. I know both technical level stuff and strategic stuff and a bit of management (team lead). If you ask me to calculate encryption by hand I can do it. If you ask me about evasion techniques, I can demonstrate it. If you ask me about defense and how to tighten policies, I can do it too. I also code in python building automation in the cloud for incident response.

I consider myself above average in big tech. There's a lot more smarter people in faang who knows significantly more and deeper than I do. In terms of interviews if you're keen, yeah, I test candidates across multiple domains for breath and depth. From ha, Dr, coding, memory management, strategic, security compliance, Linux, cluster management, kubernetes etc. Normally we need the candidates to hit at least 75% of the questions, if not, we can't hire. as the work we do impact millions with every change or publication.