Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 05-04-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211953)
420k per annum as a FAANG security engineer at age 32. Local uni grad. I interview for candidates across Asia Pacific who are paid 240-420k. Feel free to ask me anything.

1) How to prepare for interview for FAANG security engineer? Leetcode questions?
2) What certs do you have?
3) What kind of security engineer (Pentest, Infra, SRE, devops, SOC/IR) ?

Unregistered 05-04-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212308)
Not much negotiation frankly. Just prove you're competent and the companies will pay. The hr and management knows how much the market is paying. I've 10+ cybersecurity certs (all the gold standards) and have always been in big tech. I know both technical level stuff and strategic stuff and a bit of management (team lead). If you ask me to calculate encryption by hand I can do it. If you ask me about evasion techniques, I can demonstrate it. If you ask me about defense and how to tighten policies, I can do it too. I also code in python building automation in the cloud for incident response.

I consider myself above average in big tech. There's a lot more smarter people in faang who knows significantly more and deeper than I do. In terms of interviews if you're keen, yeah, I test candidates across multiple domains for breath and depth. From ha, Dr, coding, memory management, strategic, security compliance, Linux, cluster management, kubernetes etc. Normally we need the candidates to hit at least 75% of the questions, if not, we can't hire. as the work we do impact millions with every change or publication.

Ty! Self development wise, what advice would you give to somebody doing security ops?

Unregistered 22-04-2022 03:40 PM

what about sscp?

I've read through all the threads and realized no one mentioned SSCP as a cyber security personnel.

Want to go into path of doing day 2 security analyst(i think?) that does pro-active(prevention) checks on threats/attack, which roles are more suitable as I've checked across CareerSG, JS, LinkedIn but found almost none similar to this.

Any legit recommendations is appreciated.
TGIF peeps

Unregistered 22-04-2022 05:48 PM

Interested in cybersecurity but has no prior experience. Any company take in mid career switcher?

Unregistered 22-04-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215131)
Interested in cybersecurity but has no prior experience. Any company take in mid career switcher?

Can try Ensign. They quite friendly to mid career switcher.

Unregistered 22-04-2022 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215134)
Can try Ensign. They quite friendly to mid career switcher.

Is this still a bad place? Not much good reviews from the first few pages

Unregistered 22-04-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215131)

try PulseSecure if interested in pentesting

Unregistered 22-04-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215156)
try PulseSecure if interested in pentesting

Any reviews on this company?

Unregistered 22-04-2022 10:25 PM

try oem vendors like fortinet, they are recently hiring SOC folks
if security doesnt work out for u, a cert from firewall vendor would be useful too

Unregistered 22-04-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215157)
Any reviews on this company?

cookie cutter pen testing