Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 17-03-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208550)
Ya better join SI

agree , better experience breath

Unregistered 17-03-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208550)
Ya better join SI

SI pay cui compare to bank. Go bank better

Unregistered 17-03-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208736)
SI pay cui compare to bank. Go bank better

Bank lagi cui, go MNC better. But what type of MNC first?

Unregistered 18-03-2022 07:05 AM

Everywhere also can pay one la, is only whether you have the exp, connection and certification to make the company pay you high or not lo. I see a lot of people say they want join cyber security expect good pay but
They have nothing to show case except university degree and the worst thing is alot of them is not even from cyber or IT degree.

If you are good whether you join govt, mmc or bank, pay Will be low meh lol

Unregistered 18-03-2022 04:40 PM

How is cybersecurity career in circles.life?

Unregistered 18-03-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208920)
How is cybersecurity career in circles.life?

the ciso is a passionate in his work so you will learn

Unregistered 19-03-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208818)
Everywhere also can pay one la, is only whether you have the exp, connection and certification to make the company pay you high or not lo. I see a lot of people say they want join cyber security expect good pay but
They have nothing to show case except university degree and the worst thing is alot of them is not even from cyber or IT degree.

If you are good whether you join govt, mmc or bank, pay Will be low meh lol

I rather hire somebody with professional certs with no formal background

Degrees overrated **** but still need it to secure interviews

Unregistered 19-03-2022 03:57 PM

recently went for a interview the HR still ask for last drawn and say offer will be 10-15% more.

over the last 2-3 years i attained more than 5-6 include professional certification like CISSP CISM, how to use that to my benefit to ask for more than salary instead of base of my last drawn

Unregistered 19-03-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209186)
recently went for a interview the HR still ask for last drawn and say offer will be 10-15% more.

over the last 2-3 years i attained more than 5-6 include professional certification like CISSP CISM, how to use that to my benefit to ask for more than salary instead of base of my last drawn

if you are talking about increment, i think the issue is with the company which you are interviewing then than your cert. it might be that company culture is already very established and mature which they alway hire everyone with 10-15% increment or maybe the department which you are interviewing, everyone have cissp, cism and more, so you are not special which is why they nv intended to offer more.

if you want more then should try those startup or ang mo company

Unregistered 19-03-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209204)
if you are talking about increment, i think the issue is with the company which you are interviewing then than your cert. it might be that company culture is already very established and mature which they alway hire everyone with 10-15% increment or maybe the department which you are interviewing, everyone have cissp, cism and more, so you are not special which is why they nv intended to offer more.

if you want more then should try those startup or ang mo company

The company is angmo company and is startup, the HR is still local sinkie...
I am sure the HR dun know the value of those certification and just copy n paste all the preferred cert onto the JD itself